THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Winnie the Pooh is a pot head?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Jokes, games and funnies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urbanhog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Winnie the Pooh is a pot head? Reply with quote

I had this really funny chat other day with a mate......

A close mate read an article published in some local newspaper about the truth of the famous Winnie the Pooh. They claim, and he had no reasons to doubt what’s written in papers, that Winnie the Pooh is a badly disguised story of a drug society!

You know that Winnie could make anything to get his hunny pot. According to the paper the honey pot symbolise the dependence on … pot. And Winnie knows where to get his pot - Rabbit is his dealer. Eeyore in turn is a sad example of a deeply depressed alcohol abuser, and that drowsy Owl is an opiate user.

And needless to say that the Tiger takes too much stimulants. “They're jumpy, bumpy, clumpy, thumpy..... Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun..... But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers is..... I'm the only one..... Tiggers are cuddly fellows..... Tiggers are awfully sweet..... Everyone else is jealous..... That's why I repeat..... The wonderful thing about Tiggers..... Is Tiggers are wonderful things..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!”

HAHAHAHAHA!

I thought that was funny!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
is a difference. - Bill Hicks
Boojum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, neither Winnie the Pooh, nor (against all popular thought) Alice in Wonderland were drug inspired. Winnie the Pooh really was just an innocent series of stories written by A A Milne for his son, Christopher Robin Milne. And the Alice stories really were just innocent nonsense stories written by The Revd Charles Dodgeson for a young parishioner named Alice Liddell. And I know thate's been a lot of oh so clever academic analysis of Lewis Carroll (Dodgeson) suggesting there was not much innocent about his preference for the company of young girls, but I choose to believe that it was innocent, and that though he may have been an eccentric (and possibly a mathematical genius too, bet ya didn't know that), he was a harmless and gentle one. You may guess from my name (if you've read the hunting of the snark) that I've got a soft spot for Lewis Carroll, and I'm a massive fan of Winnie the Pooh (though not the hideous, saccharine sweet, twee Disney version) - I've got a print of one of the E H Sheperd pencil sketches on my wall - the one with pooh floating off on the balloon in "A Blustery Day".

Sorry - kinda off topic, but I thought I'd share - I went to see my ma last October, hadn't seen her for a coupla years, and I told her I needed to toke cos of my meds (which is true), so she said I could toke in her garden, but she didn't want the smell in the house (fair enough). One evening, she was having a few whiskies, & she said it was fine for me to toke inside cos it was cold. & we were talking about how I used to love Pooh when I was a kid, so while I skinned up, she went upstairs, and came back down with the copy of "When We Were Very Young" I had as a youngun (It's poems, not stories, but it's Pooh..), & we sat there for about an hour taking it in turns to read out poems like "Halfway down the stairs is a stair where I sit" and "James James Morrison Morrison Wetherby George Dupree". It was sweet.

Sorry, way off topic, but it just kinda came to me while I was typing Rolling Eyes
And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.
American Beauty.
roney

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a lovely story boojum. made me smile. thanks .

love, happiness and peace bro

roney
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story Boojum, thank you! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mc nick-grassmoke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice Booojum. and Maybe Pooh has nothing to do with herb but how about Scooby-Doo. Shaggy is a hippy , him and Scoob's are always baked. and every time they get out if thier van its pouring out smoke, they're definitely blazin trees in there, and they always got the munchies.
Pot Heads for sure. tokie
Rev. Chazman
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What no mention of H.R. Pufnstuf ? Laughing

Peace Smile
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Lilli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol well I still think poo's about pot. remember its not popular to the masses to be about the cannabis. I think perhaps maybe they just didnt want to admit it. As far as alice you know you have the hooka smoking catepillar and theres the shrooms/ AAAAAAAA EEEEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIII OOOOOOOO UUUUUUUUUUUUU
puff puff pass ~Lilli~
"2 Corinthians 1:12 - For our boasting is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and sincerity before God, (not in fleshly wisdom but in God's grace,) we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly towards you.' Over the oil
http://www.missouri-thc-ministries.tk
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
mc nick-grassmoke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Lilli. also remember the great thing about art is that the art is what you make of it, How compute it or what you see it as is all that matters. right or wrong it still expands your perception. and it could mean something special to you, like Alice tripppin, etc....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Jokes, games and funnies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: