THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Why are you afraid of freedom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> General news topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stavros
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Why are you afraid of freedom? Reply with quote

Another great post by Steve. This story works anywhere you may live on this beautiful marble.
Peace to all.
http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/
malloryjade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wouldn't be enough for me to move to Denver. Very Happy
stavros

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the post I meant to put up.

Why are you afraid of freedom?

That's a question I have for prohibitionists.

What got me going on this is the ending of the national anthem...

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave...

If we're the home of the brave and the land of the free, then why are we so afraid of freedom?

It sure seems like it. Why else would we go out of our way to eliminate it?

Or is it that we're afraid of pot smokers? Maybe the thought of some guy sitting on his couch smoking a jpint is just so incredibly terrifying that people chop up the fourth amendment, force people to pee in cups, and lock up huge portions of the population -- all because they're afraid that this pot smoker might... inhale.

No, we must be afraid of freedom. Sad, really. We're supposed to be this beacon of freedom...

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free

And yet, when it comes to the drug war, we fear freedom. So we authorize drug dog searches of cars, routine pat-downs of pedestrians, no-knock violent searches of homes; we restrict what people may say, what paraphernalia they may own, what crops they may grow, and what they may put into their own bodies.

Aren't we supposed to export freedom to the world? Make the rest of the world see us and want freedom, too? How's that going to work when it's so obvious that we fear freedom?

We have 5% of the world's population, yet 25% of the worlds prison population. We make drug war exceptions to the Bill of Rights without any evidence that the exceptions are needed or provide any value.

I imagine a father in some foreign land explaining to his son. "You see, Americans claim that freedom is good, but it obviously doesn't work. They lock everyone up and they still have to keep repealing portions of it. You're better off without such a useless thing."

So these days when the national anthem asks the question:

Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

... while others respond with the traditional "Play Ball," I, instead, answer sadly: "No."

Why are prohibitionists afraid of freedom?

Why am i afraid to dance, I who love music and rhythm and grace and song and laughter? Why am I afraid to live, I who love life and the beauty of flesh and the living colors of earth and sky and sea? Why am I afraid of love, I who love love? Why must I pretend to scorn in order to pity? Why must I hide myself in self-contempt in order to understand? Why must I be so ashamed of my strength, so proud of my weakness? Why must I live in a cage like a criminal, defying and hating, I who love peace and friendship? Why was I born without a skin, oh God, that I must wear armor in order to touch or to be touched?
- from the play "Great God Brown" by Eugene O'Neill
malloryjade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know this post is good. I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing it with us. It hit me in the heart.
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to die for freedom. I live totally and completely without fear. Fear is a manifestation of your imagination.

The problem is, I'm not just going to run out and die like one lone idiot that wouldn't even make the news. However, if it came down to it, I am ready to die right this moment to protect my liberty to grow and smoke cannabis peacefully in my home. No questions asked.

The time isn't right in this country for a real revolution, I feel we have a big catastrophe coming, and a FAKE revolution that is going to turn this whole country to despotism. THEN it will be time. Let the idiots rise up and be struck down first. Let the idiots follow the "truth" movement to the slaughter. After they wear down the bad guys...then is the time.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Last edited by David on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn...awesome video. Thanks for posting that. Cool

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> General news topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: