THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
What's a Weed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niftyfifty
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: What's a Weed? Reply with quote

We had a moment to breathe, those of us who know the difference between right and wrong. It seemed that our nation was finally beginning to see the truth when the polyester was rudely jerked from our eyes. Why have we returned to the ways of the Big Thief Nixon and prehistoric propaganda like Reefer Madness? Now we are being told that drug money supports terrorism. Unfortunately, it is probably true. Maybe that is exactly the reason many people grow their own. Maybe DuPont is still flexing its political muscle because even industrial hemp is illegal. Doubt not that its cultivation would put a major dent into polyester sales. As is the case most of the time, the God-given product outperforms the manmade product.

Cultivation of marijuana and its close relatives began approximately four thousand years ago in China. The plants grow wild in many parts of the world. Its seed has been used to feed livestock and fowl. Do not be surprised if that bag of birdseed in your shed has “hempseed” listed on it. The flower can also be used in several fun dishes by humans, limited only by imagination and tolerance level. People have used the oil in lamps and as a cooking medium for thousands of years. A controversial article has been published stating that Jesus Christ may have used a cannabis extract in various sacred oils during His life. What is so wrong with the Lord using His own creation to His will?

The hemp fiber has been utilized for human use since the beginning of time. Paper produced from the cannabis plant was used for the first and second drafts of the Declaration of Independence, as well as the United States Constitution. The paper is beautiful and translucent. Strong rope is woven with the hemp fiber, as are strong textiles, which can range from the texture of burlap to that of the softest cotton.

Most of the civilized world has recognized the benefit that cannabis serves us medicinally. Cannabis helps patients with many afflictions. It lowers pressures in the eyes, helping glaucoma patients tremendously. The nausea experienced by chemotherapy patients is relieved almost immediately with only a few puffs of the healing smoke. These are but a tiny tip of the iceberg that is the medical wonder that people call a “weed.” Some states prohibit doctors from even mentioning marijuana to their patients, at the risk of losing their license. Thank God there are a few progressive states that have opened the doors for chronically ill patients and responsible citizens to access a plant that God put on our planet for a reason.

A weed is defined as a plant with no use. Cannabis is no weed. It is possibly the most useful plant on our planet, and for some reason, many people would like to see it eradicated. Cannabis has many descriptive and truthful names. “Weed” shouldn’t be one of them.

©2003 Fink L. Stiltskin
jonhomebrewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: weed: a defenition Reply with quote

you are certainly correct and i will refrain from calling hemp weed. I wish id read your post before posting several of my own. thank goodness there are plenty of slang terms i can use that are not directly contradictory to my beliefs. although hemp is a weed to many (uninformed) people i could never call it that. i guess i could use "weed" if i ever type so it will appear dubious and illegitimate. and now ill have to use those annoying hand signals when i speak, Oh thanks a lot man!(KID)
actually i love word games. ( i think jon stewart used those quotation hand signals in that silly movie with dave chappelle)
so, from now on i smoke "weed"

another play on words/logic/argumentation. in no. california i met a medical activist and her slogan was: California has legalized medicinal marijuana, all mariguana is medicinal, therefore all mariguana is legal!!!!
now its mariguana cuz there is no J in the word. that word was anglicizedin 1923 (1932) ?? when this whole "tax stamp" scam was pulled in order to violate the US constitution and avoid the tenth? amendment.
(im gonna find that site again and post it)
Any hooo i suggest that mariJuana is not a word
Good med site http://www.themarijuanamission.com/ say hi to alison from jon

<edited on request, link works now. Ferre>
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: weed: a defenition Reply with quote

jonhomebrewer wrote:
Good med site http://www.themarijuanamission.com/ say hi to alison from jon

Link don't work? Rolling Eyes

<edited, works now, great site btw!>

Last edited by Ferre on Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jonhomebrewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: good legal and history site Reply with quote

I HOPE THIS WORKS CROSS FINGERS AND CLICK for lots and lots of legal stuff and plenty of fun sidetracks
http://hempmuseum.org

Last edited by jonhomebrewer on Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
mc nick-grassmoke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: yep Reply with quote

they made up all types of things, to brainwash people into beleiving Cannabis was a useless and harmful substance. when the real reason is that big business couldn't corner the market on hemp like it could cotton or paper made from trees or tobacco or alcohol. so they came up w/ alot of names to convince people subconsciously that this plant was bad. This is the message im tryin to exploit. peace. this is how i feel about prohibition vingers fingerup
and this is whats inside the people who started and uphold prohibition Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad mvinger
niftyfifty
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Word. Reply with quote

I agree, guys. I believe that actually, "marijuana" was a slang term used by Mexicans for the Blessed Herb. The Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 was passed (guess when), with an "h" instead of the "j" being used. Dumbasses.

For poetry, original hip-hop music, wild artwork and more, visit Wrong in the Head

Peace, Love, Respect,
Fink Idea
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: la cucaracha Reply with quote

La cucaracha, la cucaracha
Ya no puede caminar
Porque no tiene, porque le falta
Marijuana que fumar.

(The cockroach, the cockroach
Now he can't go traveling
Because he doesn't have, because he lacks
Marijuana to smoke.)

lol the words to the cockroach song are about "marijuana"
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
indicaspice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has ever seen Reefer Madness you would realize just how dumb they were back then.

when life hands you a lemon, make lemonade
niftyfifty
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Word to the Bird Reply with quote

I have been meaning to purchase Reefer Madness for a long minute now. I heard it is hilarious, saying that marijuana causes people to go crazy and start murdering folks and shit.

Can't wait,
Fink
Words, Visuals, Sounds - Wrong in the Head
jonhomebrewer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: defining weed Reply with quote

since it says one def. is 'a troublesome plant' (thanks pigs) and it comes from the old english weod meaning herb, grass weed ive dicided i can say and use the word weed in print witout using quote marks to cast a 'doobious' aura.
but i agree with its connotation being unfavorable.
(edit) some head said a weed is an 'opportunistic plant ' and im gonna give it every opportunity.
check similar explanation for not using the word 'dope' www.frankdiscussion.netfirms.com/

Last edited by jonhomebrewer on Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Boojum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weed has become used to describe unwanted plants in a garden, but all weed really means is an opportunistic plant that flourishes in most conditions, and as jonhomebrewer says, it comes from the old english term for herb (coincidentally my favourite term for the noble plant).
I generally only use weed to describe what you US guys call schwag. The only pot term I have any kinda problem with is marijuana. I have looked into the origins of the word, it does indeed originate in Mexico (and appears in quite a few mexican folk songs), but a lot of what I've read suggests that marijuana was actually the name of a certain type of cheap cigarette, not cannabis. harry asslicker (sorry, anslinger) purloined the term & applied it to cannabis to incite racial mistrust. Even if it was used for cannabis in mexico, anslingers motive for using the word was the same. Don't call your herb marijuana, it's akin to calling your black friends niggers.
And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.
American Beauty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: