THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
What is a THC Ministry ----

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbowbeamer
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: What is a THC Ministry ---- Reply with quote

Quote:
There was some continued doubt and question as to our sincerity or even if we were real and not a joke. So I decided to try once more. I hope I did ok in representing the Ministry and Roger's vision.

http://overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?s=&postid=7805371#post7805371

Quote:
The THC-Ministry is free to join. Period. Yes, there is a really well researched and extensive “defense” package you can get that is bound in a 3 ring binder for a donation. It contains documents you need to take to court with you should the need come up. It represents a lot of work on the part of the Ministry founder’s time. The donation helps to further the work and cost of the Ministry. BUT keep in mind its free to join, and also there are a number of other membership documentation packages and ID’s for a lesser donation should you want something in addition to make you feel better.

Religious freedom is real and has been proven a number of times to work. Many people have been released at the point of arrest because of membership. That is a fact.

Quote from polygonwindow "I think the THC ministry is all about a legal defense, and nothing to do with actual sacramental use of THC. I think if I can call that out, I’m sure a judge could to."

The founder of the THC-Ministry has established the Ministry to help with legal defense... But its also for serious, sincere Religious Sacrament users. Cannabis use is an established historic fact in religious practices. Fact!

That you can "call it out" as you say is insignificant and meaningless without research and hearing all the facts. Otherwise its just forming an opinion based your personal view without any knowledge of all the facts to base that opinion on.

You are all free to believe as you like. I’m not here to persuade you to follow a path that isn’t right for you. But I am here to say that religious use of Cannabis is well established in history, Proven in the miraculous healing by the Holy Anointing Oil recipe given by God to Moses in the book of Exodus, guaranteed by first amendment rights to the constitution and the Universal declaration of rights etc. etc., And practiced FAITHFULY by 1000's the world over in many religions in addition to many in the THC-Ministry.

"I’m sure a judge could to" you say...

Yes a judge can say he agrees or not with those who profess faith that includes religious Cannabis use. However the judge has to take into consideration the facts AND the sincerity of the person he’s judging. If you are sincere, faithful, respectful and don’t practice Cannabis Commerce, then the judge has NO LEGAL RIGHT to say your religious practices are not allowed. There are legal precedents of judges saying they have no right to decide what is a legal religion or not.

But it has as much to do with the individual as the law when it comes to a court situation in this case. If you stand up and say .. " um.. er.. I toke religiously judge cause God says I can..." then hold up two fingers shooting him a peace sign you will probably not come across as being the sincere and respectful person of faith I described above.

Rastafarian, Native American, South American Shamanistic and many other peoples / religious groups have had or are currently fighting for the same rights. The right to have access to holy plant(s) that is an established part of their religious practices. All of these are practices Hundreds and even thousands of years old. Cannabis for instance was a medicine sold in stores in the USA until the mid 1930's. It was even used for small children and infants in some cases. Its use is safer than ANY man made drug that exists and is helpful for more medical conditions than I can list here. Yet it is now Illegal...

Well it was a main ingredient in the Holy Oil recipe God gave to Moses and is recorded in the Bible in the book of Exodus:

Exo 30:23 Take also to you principal spices, five hundred shekels of pure myrrh, and half as much of sweet cinnamon, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and two hundred and fifty shekels of sweet calamus,
Exo 30:24 and five hundred of cassia, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and a hin of olive oil.
Exo 30:25 And you shall make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the perfumer. It shall be a holy anointing oil.

Calamus is a mistranslated word. Biblical experts have proven that the word ( kaneh Bosm ) is in fact Cannabis and not calamus. This makes even more sense when you look at the ingredients and consider the healing properties of them. Calamus is extremely high in a chemical that is a cancer causing agent. God wouldn’t want us to use that.

This oil or 'Unguent' has a significant number of antiseptic and healing properties. And it was used later in the Bible for the purposes of consecrating, anointing, haling etc.

Its no accident that this combination of healing herbs is used in the Olive Oil and established as a Holy healing Unguent. Medical science proves today that it is quite beneficial. is it any wonder it was used in religion, as healing was a part of the Ministry of Jesus.

Mar 6:13 And they cast out many demons, and anointed many who were sick with oil, and healed them.

Jam 5:14 Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Luk 10:34 And coming near, he bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine, and set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

Heb 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated iniquity, therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows."

There is more to be said, learned and known. But its not my intention to persuade any here to follow a path that don’t feel inclined to walk upon it. Its only my intention to prove to you that many who are members of the THC-Ministry, and many other like-minded groups practicing the same thing, are sincere and truly people of faith.
Yes some come because they are looking for legal defense...
Yes some come because they are curious...
But also very true is that many come because they have legitimate faith and truly know and believe their religious practices are righteous and legal in the court of God, and protected by the rights and laws of man by way of Constitutional freedoms.

So believe or not. But don’t judge those of us who are religiously sincere as being something we aren’t. The THC-Ministry(and other like groups) doesn’t make you who you are... who you are makes the THC-Ministry what it is. And so the strength of the organization is in its membership made up of persons of faith and sincerity. Religious foundations are built upon this... Religious freedom is secondary to this, though no less important, and is guaranteed by legal rights established for the people in most of the free societies of the world.

Peace Brothers & Sisters.
Rev. Chazman

http://www.overgrow.org/

“When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.” - Thomas Paine

Brother Adam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that what became of Overgrow? The .org site you listed I have never seen before. Is that site trying to ride on the coat tails of the overgrow name?

Anyway...that was a great post by Rev. Chazman. How did you find it? Wayback machine again?

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Stokes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Chaz posted that on the Hawai'i forum.

Have you been there yet Rev. Adam? ... http://thc-ministry.org/forum/login.php

... if not, it's high time.

Stokes

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: