THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Vexation At The 420 Festival

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viper
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Vexation At The 420 Festival Reply with quote

Just posted on ICMag Forums;-

Reports are reaching Viper from the USA & Amsterdam about events at the Festival.

I'm told Eddie Lepp flew in special for the event, & that some folks have been calling him at home for a week not realizing where he was.

It is aleged that the Festivities were held at an obscure venue somewhere behind Central Station instead of & as expected by many at the Seeds Direct shop.

Many had the impression that events were going to revolve around the Seeds Direct shop. This it seems was not the case. The major Festivities were held at location 'the wrong side if Central Station'. Information recieved says that punters found it dificult to locate the venue.

It has also been aleged that the Festival events were 'poorly organised, with a poor turnout', & that one of the Events Co-ordinators was treated extremly shabbily & with some level of violence. That booked performers were refused payment, & that the much hyped Fashion Show was cancelled as a result of Gypsy refusing funding for it & complaining about 30-00 Euro's worth of 'food' for the Painted Ladies.

Further, that the Events Co-ordinator has been denied access to this site to prevent them from having their say about the aleged events above.

What goes on ?

Is there any truth to the reports I am recieving ?

-----
Never Trust A Hippie !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Posts: 176 | Joined Dec. 2003 | Posted on: 3:25 am on April 22, 2004 |

viper

Hashassin, Sacrament Minister of the THC Ministry
(176 posts)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts over at ICMag Forums has been closed, & deleted.

Vipers Reply To Skip;-

Like I said from reports that I recieved from USA by telephone yesterday evening & this mornings by E-mail which was melting with the fury of its author.

I was not there no. Why should I be ? See http://www.vipernet.biz/420_revealed.htm

You see after 13 years of Amsterdam experience & knowing some of the people involved I made the smart decision to stay home & save the money for things like food & phone bills.

I've seen or experienced just about every rip off amsterdam has to tempt you with, & I remember. I also remember my freinds who it seems think of me well enough to inform me what goes on, alegedly.

I do not know what happened, which is why I'm asking; are the reports I 'm recieving truthfull ?

I post here to ask what I'm not allowed to at ICMag Forums.

Something went down.

What happened ?

Bazeado

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Vexed Reply with quote

And they banned you after that. Amazing, talk about shooting the messenger...

I am just amazed at how they (ICMag) expect to keep the truth from it's members.

I for one am glad you made the post.

have fun

Baz.
Bazeado

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Censorship Reply with quote

Well, i too have now been asked to leave if i dont like the situation and been told i would be banned if i carry on with the issue !!!.

Happy 4:20 indeed.
Ferre
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was expecting something like that to happen.
Though I have one remark, the location was clearly pointed out on all the flyers. Those people being confiused about that location can be caused by their being stoned.

I talk to Zoe very regulary, maybe this afternoon also, as I have a meeting with Alan Donkers in the Hempmuseum anyway and I'll ask her for her view on this, I'll keep you posted.

My present favourite band, click HERE.
Read the Board Rules
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bazeado

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: multiple posts Reply with quote

High Viper,

I know you must be a little annoyed at the reaction of Skip banning you but do you need to post three threads here, if we keep it to one people can better keep track of replies and what is being said.

Ferre, i look forward to hearing your views and the views of those you know that attended.

btw, skip is now saying he didn't threaten to ban me but that is what i took from his threat of "Want to make an issue of it, go ahead and see what happens."
Ferre
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, three the same threads is a little much ain't it? I removed the xtra ones and let's keep it at this one, less confiusing also.
I didn't get to speak to Zoe yet and can't tell you anything else I have heard, as I didn't, except for the fact that is was not very busy at the 420 cup thing.
I did speak to a jury member who told me (at least) it was an honest competition.

Read the Board Rules
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bazeado

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx Ferre, and it's not like I'm waiting for reports of how bad it was, i was just hoping i could read some independent reports about an event held by the forum that is executing censorship. I really hope it went well as i am all for the idea of a growers cup where the judges are independent and was willing to visit next year.

They are quite serious allegations too so i thought it would have been of some consequence the the people at IC to get it cleared up in as a civilised manner possible... not banning Viper and not just labelling him as a jerk and brushing it off.
Ferre
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I missed an explaination. Banning people for asking questions is not something you need to do when you have nothing to hide. I wonder if the Events co-ordinator really is denied acces. That would be weird.

Read the Board Rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: