THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Using Students And A School Bus To Smuggle Drugs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urbanhog

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Using Students And A School Bus To Smuggle Drugs? Reply with quote

Quote:
Using Students And A School Bus To Smuggle Drugs?

WHATCOM COUNTY - Prosecutors will charge a local high school student with smuggling drugs into the United States, and they say she used a school bus to do it.

The 16-year-old lives in Point Roberts, which is in the small northwestern tip of Washington State on a peninsula connected to Canada. And she takes the school bus every day through Canada and back into the U.S. at Blaine.

That is where U.S. Customs Agents made the arrest, on a school bus coming through the fast track commuter lane, called the Nexus lanes. Prosecutors believe Canadian drug dealers used that student, and maybe others, as mules to sneak marijuana, aka B.C. bud, into Washington.

Every day, school buses take 90 kids back and forth between Point Roberts where they live and Blaine where they go to school, crossing the Canadian border twice each way.

A few weeks ago, a parent heard rumors that someone was using the odd route, to smuggle drugs.

The Blaine School District and its bus drivers went on alert. And on Feb. 20, customs agents boarded the bus and made an arrest.

"The Border Patrol and some police came on the bus and went right to her," says Blaine High School junior Matt Determan. "They knew exactly who it was."

Federal agents arrested a 16-year-old girl, carrying a backpack with eight pounds of B.C. bud in it.

"And I would have not thought in my wildest dreams that they would have used a school transportation vehicle to do it," says school principal Dan Newell. "I just thought too big of a chance, they're too vulnerable to being caught."

Whatcom County Prosecutors believe the marijuana came from Canadian drug dealers who smuggled it into Point Roberts and to the 16 year old girl. The Point Roberts school buses speed through a special lane at the border where commuters have already undergone background checks and usually get just a cursory inspection from Customs agents -- a tempting target for dealers facing increasing scrutiny at the U.S.-Canadian border.

"I'm not so sure if these people are any different than sexual predators you know, they're preying on youth that don't know any better," adds Principal Newell.

County prosecutors believe other students may have been involved and that this is not the first time the 16-year-old girl allegedly smuggled drugs. The district is talking with both students and parents.

"Our business is English and Math," says Newell, "but we deal with life and so right now we're hurt, but it'll make us strong."

Federal agents won't discuss what they call an on-going investigation. They aren't using the phrase "drug ring" but there is clearly concern that a more sophisticated organization is using students as mules. The 16-year-old will be in court Wednesday morning facing a felony drug charge.

http://www.komotv.com/stories/30098.htm

What you people think about this? using kids to the dirty work?? Mad

Urbie Rolling Eyes
is a difference. - Bill Hicks
Rev. Chazman
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course its wrong... But you will continue to see terrible things like this as long as the "money" element is part of the cannabis scene. This sort of thing wouldnt be happening if people were allowed to grow their own cannabis as God intended.

Peace
THC-Ministry "we use Cannabis religiously and you can to" http://www.thc-ministry.org/
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
David
yes, I'm still here...
yes, I'm still here...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been a story in England that claims a girl sold her virginity over the internet to pay for her university course, she got £8,000 (cheap).

If this 16 year old is allowed to do this to get some money, how can we criticise anyone who is supporting the fight against surpression.

I think its time for another prayer.
may we all pray that God gives guidance for these young innocent people.

Lot of love
David
Lilli

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallelujah and in Jesus name amen. Freedom fighters come in all ages. Bless each their little hearts. My grandchildren stand by me at marches wiith signs. Thats been some of my proudest moments my children and grandchildren beside me then. One this years signs going to be "THE AUTHENTIC ANNOITED OIL WORKS. and give the script in Exodous God Bless each and every warrior out there regardless of age shape size creed or color.
VIVA LA HOLY REVOLUTION!!!!!

Your sista Lilli
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: