THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Urbie's Creamy Steak Sauce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urbanhog

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Urbie's Creamy Steak Sauce Reply with quote

Urbie's Creamy Steak Sauce

This is one of my favourite sauce, it contains onions, garlic red wine, shrooms, green peppercorns and of course MJ!

What you need to grab guys and ladies:

3/4 cup of Red Wine
small handful of Shrooms, sliced thin
2-4 gloves of fine chopped garlic or 1-2 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 or so grams of nice buds, finely mulled using either coffeegrinder or a muller.....
1-2 cups of Thick Cream
1 small onion finely chopped to as small you can
Small tin of fresh green peppercorns, drained
Olive Oil

What to do next:

OK guys.... get the fry pan that you been cooking the steaks or whatever meat you were cooking in the same fry pan that you will be using to make the sauce. Can use pork, lamb or chicken instead. Wink

What I usually do is I quickly brown the sides of my steak to mildly crisp, but not 100% cooked, then I will take the steak off the fry pan and put either under the grill or the oven on very low like 100C or less to just keep the steak warm not finishing off its cooking process. Best to put the steak on a plate as you will notice some blood draining out at the bottom, keep that for the sauce.

Once you take the steak off, chuck in some bit of oil, to just cover the pan, chuck in the onions, shrooms, garlic and the peppercorns and cook/saute it until the onions is cooked, as i usually "squash" the peppercorns a bit to make the sauce it more peppery as sqaushing the pepper corns releases the "pepper heat".

I dont squash ALL the pepper corns, just about half whats in the pan, to stop make the sauce too peppery for me, but if you like it, be my guest and go ahead squash the all rest of peppercorns, but for first timers, maybe best to start with half first so you know if its right for you.

once the onions are cooked, pour the wine into it then bring to boil, then chuck in the fine chopped MJ and stir a bit for a minute then pour in the cream, bring cream to boil then take the pan off the heat and put the steak and the blood back into the pan and stir the sauce.

Then put the pan back on the flame on low to simmer for other 10 or so minutes to "cook" the THC and helps the THC release to the cream which is excellent IMO because the cream is high fat and the THC is easily asborbed into the fats so it will get into our kidneys, livers and body in faster rate.

Also putting back the steak on simmering sauce also helps to finish off cooking the steak.

Now its ready to serve! I love the sauce over mash, steamed or roasted potatoes and even peas!

Simple aye? Rolling Eyes

Cheers, any questions, ask me, thats what I am here for! Very Happy

Urbanhog Cool
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."
--Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad (1869)
The Moose
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said, "once the onions are cooked, pour the wine into it then bring to boil, then chuck in the fine chopped MJ and stir a bit for a minute then pour in the cream, bring cream to boil then take the pan off the heat and put the steak and the blood back into the pan and stir the sauce. "

I didn't read where you had reserved any blood for this purpose. Do you use it as a thickener?
Urbanhog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moose wrote:
You said, "once the onions are cooked, pour the wine into it then bring to boil, then chuck in the fine chopped MJ and stir a bit for a minute then pour in the cream, bring cream to boil then take the pan off the heat and put the steak and the blood back into the pan and stir the sauce. "

I didn't read where you had reserved any blood for this purpose. Do you use it as a thickener?

It gives more flavour... Australian Beef can be pretty strong, I just like blood... no I am not a vampire. Twisted Evil Laughing
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."
--Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad (1869)
The Moose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reread your post and noticed where the blood came from. DOH! I'm pretty stupid at times. And, yeah, I saved that too. I just call it juices. I only call it blood when it comes from the live animal. If you choose to thicken a sauce with blood, just treat the blood like you would eggs. Temper the blood with a portion of your heated sauce first, then add it to your sauce in the pot, stir to thicken.

I am not a vampire either, but I will eat raw beef and fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: