THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Update: "Trip" to The Big Isle...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Opi
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Update: "Trip" to The Big Isle... Reply with quote

One Love Brothers and Sisters,

On Jun. 22nd my Self and two members of my congregation flew out to Hilo and Roger met us at the airport (with lays no less). By the time we arrived in Hilo, it was already pretty late so Rog took us all to the Nani Loa Hotel to check in. The room we got had an excellent view of both the Bay and the Mountain Range... It was truly impressive.

After spending the first week or so checking out Hilo, we rented a car and checked out the rest of the Big Isle (which was massive and truly impressive). On our way out to the local nudist/spiritualist beach we found an old, short, school bus for sale.. Which we ended up buying and have used to go around and get a better feel for the island--went to a bunch of organic farms (where you can live at), spiritual centres, and up into the mountains to chill with our Brother Bart at his lil' monastic retreat.

Not only has Roger gone out of his way to help us out, but so have the other locals who were at one time or another from the "Mainland" as it's so aptly referred to around here. Anyway, the island is great, the people are Real (which is refreshing when you come from a shallow place like Chicago), and the bud is generally pretty good.

Sacrament is insanely easy to come by (Just walk around and say, "Hey Bra, you got that corn?" (as long as you talk like a local and wear flip flops it's easy to look like a local and not get screwed around)). Still, the Herb is friggin' expensive considering how many people grow Herb out here and it's, essentially, a friendly enviroment regarding cannabis.

The prices run about the same as the mainland but the quality isn't always there. I used to pay 275 to (at most!) 325 an Oz for GOOD goods; down here, it runs from 350 to 400 for an O of some decent... That's insane!!! But, it gets crazier, an O of mushrooms is about 40 to 60! It's more sensible to use chocolate mushrooms as your Sacrament of choice and just smoke bud during ceremonies. Yeah, considering this Isle has 22 of 24 climates in the world and how abundant Herb is... The prices are straight up ****ed up.

On the bright side, I've been introduced to a lot of people who have just blown my mind.. Whether it be about religion, organic eating/cookin/gardening, or about various methods to grow (allt kinds of sacrament....). It is an awesome place and I HIGHLly suggest that everyone tries to make a Spiritual Pilgrimage here at some point in time.. Or, possibly, even move here... There's tons of 20 acre plots for sale around the Island and Agriculture is a HUGE HUGE thing out here (good thing I happen to be a horticulturist who specializes in pruning, lol).

I'm still trying to get everything established because plans never seem to work out quite right, but all is going well here. I'm using someone else's comp and am running out of time so I must wish the best to all of Our Relations. In the name of Jah Rastafari, The Most High, may we all truly know the blessings of Our Lord!

Reverend Joseph Johnson
The Church of Khidr
Torkel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'm glad that you & your friends had a great visit. Smile

When things on my end work out, I plan on visting Roger & Hawaii asap.

Hell, if I could find a job out there I'd leave WV today...

the climate & freedom in Hawaii are irresistible to me just thinking about it.

Thanks for the report, Joe. Wink

Peace,
Torkel

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, you're not the only one who has contemplated moving to the islands. With all the nonsense prohibition around here, it's an enticing prospect.

I'm still in a tropical place though, and I have a new business to run....so, maybe one day!

Good luck out there Joe, may you find all the blessings you need in short order! Cool
Sunlover
getting into high spirits
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Right On! Reply with quote

It's great to hear that about Hawaii.

I'm planning on going there myself at some point this summer or fall. I'd like to eventually get a nice ocean-view place someday... sort of like a "Sanctuary".

I'd like to hook up with some of the same people you met, as I'm sure we all have something we could learn and share with each other.

Peace.

~Oz
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome sunlover! wavey welcome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: