THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
UK: tough line on cannabis supplied to relieve pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Medical Cannabis, science and law.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: UK: tough line on cannabis supplied to relieve pain Reply with quote

This news article sounds quite distuirbing, if you ask me. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Prosecutors take a tough line on cannabis supplied to relieve pain

· Up to 30% of MS sufferers estimated to use drug
· Four linked to support groups face charges

Clare Dyer, legal editor
Monday July 17, 2006
The Guardian

Prosecutors are taking a firm line on the supply of cannabis for pain relief to people with chronically painful conditions such as multiple sclerosis, despite the downgrading of the drug from class B to class C.
Two crown court trials, one starting this week and one next week, will accuse four individuals of supplying illegal drugs through the organisations Bud Buddies and THCforMS (Therapeutic Help from Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis).

THCforMS says on its website that it has supplied 33,000 bars of cannabis chocolate to bona fide MS sufferers over the last five years. Mark Gibson, Lezley Gibson and Marcus Davies of THCforMS face a charge of conspiracy to supply cannabis in a trial that begins next Wednesday at Carlisle crown court.

MORE:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/story/0,,1822253,00.html

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Officer
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its time these people start being held responsible for preventing medicine from reaching those in need.
Don Quixote

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for bringing this to our attention brother Ferre.

i think this is disgraceful news.The act of preventing people recieving medicine is a morally and socially unacceptable in any 'civilised' society.

We all know that Cannabis is the only truly effective medicine for people suffering from the cruel and debilitating disease of MS.this has been scientificaly proved several times by many different and respectable studies.It is now an accepted scientific fact.

The proof of this is that the big , blood-sucking Pharmaceutical corporations will soon begin marketing man-made chemical 'copies' of THC.

This is , undoubtedly, a blatant case of corporate protectionism.It is no accident that on the eve of launching these inferior chemical copies the corporations who own our government are attacking a bunch of people who are suffering from a terminal disease.

This makes me absolutely furious.Unless anyone can see a good reason not to i am going to write to my MP (sponsored by Glaxo) and demand that he pay attention to the public who voted for him and not his corporate 'sponsors'.

i will sign it simply as reverend Ian Daly without mentioning our Ministry , as i don't wish to bring trouble down on us all.my letter will be determined , damned angry but civilised.

sorry , but after watching a good friend of mine being 'eaten alive' from the inside out by M.S. i cannot remain silent on this issue.

these ****ing crooks have no shame and no soul.Enough is enough.

Anyone who says cannabis is harmful - just ask them to name ONE human bieng who has been harmed in the last 5,400 years of documented Cannabis use all over the world.

gotta go.i am so angry my spleen just exploded.!

PEACE.

Stokes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Quixote wrote:

gotta go.i am so angry my spleen just exploded.!

You better have that looked at ... I'm sure there's a nice pharmaceutical prescription to help you. Sad

It really does blow to see European countries playing 'Monkey see - Monkey Do' with American Government's idea of legislative morality. Unfortunately, It's all about pharmaceutical profit margins, the majority of which companies are 'owned' by American and European lawmakers and their families.

Voting them out is our only recourse.

Stokes

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Don Quixote

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said brother Stokes.

Once again you are absolutely right.Unfortunately the way british politics work , no member of parliament can be elected without first being ' approved ' by the stazi (MI5) and the corporations they represent.

but for what its worth i am sending the following letter to as many MP's as possible.this means that the stazi will be tapping my phone and following me around everywhere for the next few months.

"To the rt. Hon (omitted) MP.

Please forgive this intrusion into your busy schedule.

Sir,

I am writing to you about the following article which appeared in the Guardian newspaper - http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine/story/0,,1822253,00.html which concerns the persecution of terminaly ill Multiple Sclerosis sufferers.

I do not have the words to express my disgust , my shame or my anger at the behavior of my elected government for allowing and encouraging this pogrom against these innocent human beings.

I ask you , what moral , ethical or legal justification is there for allowing these people to be hounded in this way.

I will not bore you with the vast volumes of scientific proof that Cannabis is not only completely harmless , but is in fact the single most beneficial plant on this planet.All 60 million people in this nation already know this to be true.

i will not bore you with the details of the bizare and completely un-scientific study which allegedly links cannabis with schizophrenia.Everybody knows this 'evidence' is completely bogus and based on hysteria , political expedience , corporate protectionism and 'nazi' science.This study is NOT accepted by any independant scientific body or organisation except our government , who have decided to base government policy on a discredited , un-scientific report.Why?Who's interest does this serve?

i will however challenge you , or any member of this government , to produce a single , proven , case of any human being on earth who has ever been harmed by cannabis use.In 5,400 years of documented use by hundreds of millions of people globaly you will not find a single , proven case of harm caused by cannabis.Not one.

With respect , in the name of justice , moral and human decency , i ask you to pass on the contents of this e-mail to the Prime Minister , Home secretary , Crown Prosecution Service and any and all members of Parliament.

I request that this government abides by the will of the vast majority of the electorate and NOT the will of the corporate interests that feel threatened by cannabis.Nothing less is acceptable.

Please help put an end to the unjustifiable persecution and criminalisation of users of this harmless plant by signing the two petitions below -

http://www.petitionthem.com/default.asp?sect=detail&pet=2001

http://www.pledgebank.com/thcforms

I offer you my profound and sincere respect for having the courage to stand up and be counted on this and the many other humanitarian , ecological and human rights issues which you have supported.

My best wishes to you , your family and all that is yours.

All the best.

yours sincerely

Reverend Ian Daly

iandaly@mailvault.com"

NOTE - the names have been omitted to protect the guilty.

PEACE.

Stokes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

claps

That should get some attention!

Great job DQ.

highest regards,

Stokes

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Medical Cannabis, science and law. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: