THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
UK Government ignores cannabis council

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: UK Government ignores cannabis council Reply with quote

http://pr.cannazine.co.uk/content/view/220/1/

Quote:
For the first time since its inception the advice given by the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) is set to be ignored by central government, as PM Gordon Brown once more attempts to step out of the shadow of former Premier Tony Blair by stamping his own authority on laws implemented by the Blair-ite regime.
But with almost 4 million regular cannabis using voters in the UK, who are only too aware of the Liberal Democrats manifesto which promises to "decriminalise cannabis for personal use", this move could at last, sound the death bell for the current Labour Government.

Gordon Brown has said he is determined to send a signal to young people that the use of cannabis is "unacceptable" and at his monthly Downing Street news conference, the Prime Minister indicated his strong support for re-classifying cannabis again as a Class B drug.

It was 2004 when then Home Secretary David Blunkett reclassified cannabis from a class B to a class C substance. At this time Mr Blunkett told the country this action was being taken to free up resources in the fight against class A drugs.

ACPO, the Association of chief Police Officers, were quick to fall into line with the Home Office, and spoke out in support of Mr Blunkett's policy changes.

But in the three years that followed, and in a flurry of schizophrenia and other health issues which sections of the popular press have attached to the cannabis issue, both the Home Office, and ACPO have back-tracked, even though cannabis use in the UK has, according to Home Office figures, shown a marked fall.

Recently, An angry row blew up over proposals to upgrade cannabis to a class B drug, with leading experts from the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) accusing the Government of a "deliberate leak" of its plans.

Ignoring a directive not to speak to journalists about reports that the Government has already made its mind up, ACMD member Professor Les Iversen, a pharmacologist at Oxford University, said: "I was not pleased to read what appears to be a deliberate leak about the government's alleged intention to reclassify, regardless of advice received from the ACMD.

"If ACMD were to recommend no change and this were to happen, I believe it would be the first time that any Home Secretary acted against the recommendations offered and it would call into question the whole function and future of this group."

A former member of the influential council also claimed the ACMD was totally opposed to the Government's stance. "There is no way that the ACMD would support any reclassification of cannabis, unless there were some political shenanigans going on," said the Reverend Martin Blakeborough.

Rev Blakeborough, who runs the Kaleidoscope drug abuse charity, said: "There is no significantly new evidence to suggest that cannabis is any more harmful than in the last review we did 18 months ago."

"The only reason that the ACMD is being forced to discuss this matter is because every new Home Secretary seems to want to show how tough they are," he added, which fits in with the present administration attempting to kill Tony Blairs spectre once and for all.

But with the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats reeling the Labour party in daily, Gordon Brown's bloody mindedness could leave him labeled with the shortest Premiership in recent history, if the UK cannabis community decides as it should, to vote with its feet.
So what do you think? Has the PM made a serious gaffe, or is Gordons 'Gin', which is a close and cosy working relationship with the alcohol industry, in the best interests of the United Kingdom?

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately.

The fear has already started, we are already being setup for a recession. this is not a good time. Half way into the recession people would start to smoke more often therefore vote for a cannabis friendly party, but as we stand to country will not be interested in cannabis, they will be interested in which party will keep them more richer than the Jones's.

We already have a government that will not listen to any advice, who thinks it will change, I sat here a long time ago saying that the liberal party should be promoted, yet no-one is interested, we are just as bad as America, we should vote with our hearts instead of our pockets.

Labour: Two faced
Conservative: will offer wolfs in sheep clothing.

Liberal: is the only way to go. It will be hard at first but the public will get the power back, instead of illusions of the labour party.
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. With the jew engineered collapse of the american dollar, and all other economies following the dollar due to oil, when our economy collapses, yours are all going down also. Very unfortunate, but very deliberate. There are foreclosures by the thousands here in the states and people living in tent cities everywhere. There's an area a few miles from here in the woods where about 200 people live in squalor already. I think the police raided that area once already...so much for a right to sleep in the woods where nobody goes.

Thank god we have GUNS. They are NOT going to smirk at the truth much longer in this country. A number of our oppressors might find themselves swinging from a rope in a public display if they're not careful. I don't advocate violence, but we are talking about genocidal maniacs who have killed so many millions it's hard to keep count. They don't budge when you protest and wave signs, and they are DEATHLY afraid that we will take the second amendment serious.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
scribe
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree David, I think the iLiberals would follow the example of the Scottish Nationalists if ever they came to power. The Nats were anti-prohibitionist until they recently won a majority in the Scottish Parliament, they now trot out the too strong Skunk/mental health issues tripe, to justify their betrayal of a previously sympathetic stance.

Arcesilaus
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome scribe, thank you for commenting.

We only need to look at labour to see what happens today when a party gets into power.
We need to make a change, and the only way is to nibble at the people who are attacking us.
The LCA would be the ideal chose to legalise cannabis, but I know who they are, and to be honest I would rather have labour in power.

Yes there is a big debate on the strong/skunk mental health issue.
Pure alcohol kills, but that is still legal.
The Nats were good before power, it is your job to keep them that way when in power, thats how they do it now.

We need to attack to issues, not the parties.
We don't want a party running that will turn us into ants, and we don't need a party that expects everyone to become drug addicts.
scribe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thx for you kindly welcome David.

Your wise words about keeping the Nats good are good, unfortunately they apply only to those with the clout to make it so. Much like all Politicians, the Nats have been seduced by the 'Dark (Corporate) side' acting as though 4 years is an infinite time. In fact the threat of being voted out hasn't the same fear factor for many Politicians as in the past - it is the Corporate Directorships and lucrative lobby appointments they look to now - sod the electors.

My real fear is that those who say the prohibition agenda is driven by the Pharmaco Corporates are right, for these peeps will stop at nothing to get their way. If Monsanto can engineer sterile seeds and distribute them in the often starving third world, so that the farmers have to return to them every year for new seed stock, what further heartlessness are these Corporations capable of in the name of the bottom line?

Every major social change is preceeded by social unrest i.e. they will give us bugger all unless we face them up; I am not confident though, that many users of the Sacred Weed are quite ready to initiate the social unrest bit.

My twopenny worth anyway.

Arcesilaus
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scribe,

Quote:
My real fear is that those who say the prohibition agenda is driven by the Pharmaco Corporates are right, for these peeps will stop at nothing to get their way. If Monsanto can engineer sterile seeds and distribute them in the often starving third world, so that the farmers have to return to them every year for new seed stock, what further heartlessness are these Corporations capable of in the name of the bottom line?

Yes I have found this to. what do you think Ferre, I think you'll understand?

Not all users of the sacred weed are sacred, but you have to expect/respect that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: