THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Tommy Chong released from prison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Wow Lilli, that's B I G! rofl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lilli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I know lol I couldnt resist bro. That part about "you been talking to my girlfriend" had me Laughing
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Dankdude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Chong Plead Guilty because The Department of Justice (yeah Right) lead by Heir Ashcroft the religious zealot, threatened to prosecute not only him but his wife and son. So he plead guilty.
If put in the same position as he was, I wouldn't have to think about it.
I would do the time. It didn't have anything to do with back bone, he did the right thing.

Once Tommy Plead guilty, the Government dropped all charges against his family.

What I think Tommy's next move will be is to move back to Europe and tell the US government to stick it in their collective rectal orifices.

My take on the case, I think it's the stupidest thing in the world for any government to spend $1,000,000 prosecuting anyone for a piece of glass.

If one were to look at the law concerning Paraphernalia, it must be used to consider it Drug Paraphernalia.
Other wise they would have closed all of the "head shops" in the United States, which isn't the case.

They targeted Tommy Chong because they considered him a leader in the Marijuana legalization Movement and thought it would put a scare into us.

Guess what, all they succeeded in was Angering us.
Ferre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry bro, but with all respect for those who have other feelings but giving in to blackmail by the justice department is a BIG NO for us down here. We wouldn't have to think twice either to reject that. Using your sentiments to get you to lock yourself up without a fair trial?

Man, I guess Americans only know about 'fighting for your rights' from television and only feel brave with a loaded gun in their hands.

Do you have any idea of the impact a trial with Tommy's whole family for this ridiculous charges would have had on the international community and the press? I am convinced that Tommy would have won but he choose to let himself be intimidated.

I'm sorry but we don't get intimidated that easy and we also do not let our politicians and even judges get away with that kind of crap. But then again, that's why we are free here and Americans get pissed on all the time. It's an attitude difference.

Btw, a zealot like Asscroft wouldn't last long down here, what an idiot! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dankdude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really 9 months isn't a whole lot of time in the US, But had not Tommy Chong not plea bargained he and his family would have gotten at least 2-3 years if found guilty.

I myself would do the time because I would not want my family to face the time.

Jail is no biggie to me, been there many times. It's all in how one does their time.

But many Judges are getting very tired of Heir Ashcroft's frivolous and un-ending cases coming in front of them. It's getting to the point that judges are getting sick of Drug War cases.

Anymore Higher courts can't even prosecute a Rape or Murder case because there are 50 drug cases on their docket at a time any given day.
Lilli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

07/07/2004

TOMMY IS FREE!!!

After a 9 month ordeal tommy chong was released from Taft Correctional Institution Earily this morning!

As part of "Operation Pipe Dreams" and "Operation Headhunter" a national drug crackdown that's being spearheaded by Attorney General John Ashcroft. Tommy Chong, who played one half of the dope-smoking duo in the Cheech and Chong movies of the 70's and 80's , was sentenced to nine months in federal prison and fined $20,000 for selling bongs and other drug paraphernalia over the Internet. Chong also must forfeit about $100,000 for his arrest on drug paraphernalia charges. He'll spend a year on probation after he's released from prison. We can all sleep easy now that such a crucial part of the axis of evil is off the streets.

Last edited by Lilli on Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Romadon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Terrapin Hollow Conservatory

Last edited by Romadon on Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lilli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Maybe we should back slowly away from the screen. That thing looks like it may go off.
Lilli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Chong grew wealthy glamorizing drug use and trivializing law enforcement in his films of the late 1970s and early '80s."
-Assistant U.S. Attorney Mary Houghton

"The government is asking you to blur the distinction between reality and satire,"

-Richard G. Hirsch, one of Chong's attorneys

[This has to be one of the weirdest legal arguments I've heard in a while, at the very lest it does shine a ray of hope in the Robert Blake case Now he can ask for leniency on the count of all the bad guys he locked up when he was Baretta]

"Quite simply, the illegal drug paraphernalia industry has invaded the homes of families across the country without their knowledge.This illegal, billion-dollar industry will no longer be ignored by law enforcement."
- John Ashcroft, Attorney General

[Invaded our homes? Indeed they have, some examples of what constitutes drug paraphernalia in the United States; Aluminum Foil, Spray Paint, Faucet Screens, Whip Cream Cans, Spoons, Razer Blades, Kitchen Scales, Air Freshener Spray , Plastic Bags, Eye Drops and Cigarette Lighters.]

"(Chong) wasn't the biggest supplier. He was a relatively new player. But he had the ability to market products like no other,"
-US Attorney Mary Beth Buchanan

[It is 100% legal to sell bongs in the state of California. Chong made the mistake of shipping to states where it wasn't]

"It would be like if Arnold [Schwarzenegger] were
charged with an assault, and you said, because he beats people up in 'Terminator' movies, he is guilty. It's like saying someone's screen persona is the equivalent of what they do in their private life."
- -Richard G. Hirsch, one of Chong's attorneys

Last edited by Lilli on Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Lilli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AUTO DA FÉ ASHCROFT VS CHONG

Last edited by Lilli on Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dankdude

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's perfectly legal to sell bong s in all states, as long as they don't state the use of allow others to state it's intended use.

I know of 7 head shops within a 200 mile radius of where I live, in a facist state like Texas.
Lilli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at this. Shocked
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/ongoing/pipedreams.html
kytaira

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to say the fight wasn't going to go into Tommy's favour, but there is no garauntee of anything during a drug case with the US government involved.

If he had decided to fight the case in court and the Judges decided against him, (In the States, that's very, VERY possible) then his family would have been locked up as well.

Would anyone here want their family to go to prison for 2-5 years for something as stupid a pipes, etc.. or would you take the lesser sentance for co-operating with the courts and save thier family??

As for the difference between the cultural views, that's crap! Over in jolly old Amsterdam where you can legally purchase cannabis and cannabis related products, it's a moot point as to what you guys would do. IT'S LEGAL, and you'd never be harassed in the same manner as a US citizen, and would not have to choose between your children and prison.
Also, if one doesn't have a child of thier own, it's hard for them to understand the decision that Tommy has made and if they have never been forced to live under the conditions that the US people have to live under, You cannot even try to understand a thought process like this. You guys will never have to deal with this problem with it being legal and all, and cannot understand the pressure a government drug case can have on one's mind, especially when they threaten your family.

So, what one would or would not do in Amsterdam, really is not the same and the possible reactions to the situation are different, as the mindset at the beginning was a sterner one.

It's easy to say "I wouldn't have done that!" when we are not in the situation. It's easy to blame all the other arrests and convictions on Tommy, but EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE STORE OWNERS could have fought it out and changed things themselves..it was not totally the responsibility of Tommy.....although the last I heard, Tommy was the only one that was actually Jailed. The rest lost thier product and served probation or simply fined I believe, I could be wrong though.

And, on a side note here to show the Audacity of the BUSH governement, they have financed and authorized a documentary of thier own. It's to be titled......(are ya ready for this one?)

"Micheal Moore Hates America"

Bullshit eh?
Rev. Anthony
Ferre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all, don't think we got this liberal in Holland because our government is any different then any other. I remember being jailed here in Holland for cannabis and I also remember the times when we DID FIGHT TO GET WHERE WE ARE NOW! I also remember being in jail while I was married and I am a father also, don't think I don't know those sentiments.

There is a "culture difference" obviously. If there wasn't we would be just as pissed on as the American people by our "representatives", difference is we usually stand for what we believe in and specially when we have been working for something all our lives WITH our family.

I do understand the reason for his cowardness and I am a father myself but looking at that situation from where I stand and knowing what it takes to really fight for the cause, instead of only going for the profits I can not change how I think about what has happened.

To get your rights you need to have a different attitude and I get to understand why the American system works as it does. People are not willing to make any efforts to change it, a little blackmail and they give in.

That's WHY we can live FREE here and Americans can't. We are willing to go to jail for what we believe in and our families back us up.

ps. "They" locked both my brother and me up in jail here in Holland in the 70's for dealing hasj and weed, every time they let us out we started again, in the open, and opened coffeeshops (one of them was used by Tommy for a movie btw) and every time I hear so called 'activists" whine about "consequenses" it makes me puke. If you can't stand the heat, stay away from it and guys like Tommy only hurt our cause. He maybe doesn't want to, but he did.

Respect is not something you gain with making movies in my book, or selling pipes. Respect you earn with your actions, same goes for 'disrespect'.

Do you guys really think we don't have families here? Do you guys really think our families didn't get harrased by the cops in the 60's and 70's?

Edit: OUR LAWS ARE NOT A "PRESENT" we DID change them and it didn't come easy. All you know is that we can smoke weed here but you guys have no Idea HOW WE DID IT!

It's easy how we did it, we do not give in and fight when we have to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: