THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
'Tincture of cannabis' recipe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a nice link Ben. Does anyone remember ciggarettes for asthma called asthmadora My grandmother had me smoke them when I was little. Im wondering what was in them. Look what i found on that link.....

Proven: Cannabis Is Safe Medicine
Ian Williams Goddard, 1996

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In reaction to medical cannabis access referendums on the ballots in Arizona and California, former presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and George Bush signed a letter stating that they ``categorically oppose'' access to cannabis for its many proven therapeutic uses such as the prevention of blindness and epileptic seizures [1].

Their chief concern was that legal medical access would send the message that cannabis is safe. The presidents can, however, lay their safety concerns to rest because the scientific literature overwhelmingly confirms that cannabis is both an effective and safe medicine.

The Cannabis Safety Profile

The journal PHARMACOLOGICAL REVIEWS [2] reports that decades of research prove that, "Compared with legal drugs...marijuana does not pose greater risks." Yet based upon mortality statistics, we can safely conclude that cannabis is one of the safest medical drugs known, for, while prescription drugs, defined as safe by the FDA, kill up to 27,000 and aspirin up to 1,000 Americans per year, cannabis kills 0 per year [3].

When we know the facts we can understand why in 1988, after extensive review of the scientific literature, the DEA's own administrative judge Frances Young concluded that ``Marijuana is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man.'' [4]

Opponents of legal cannabis access would have us believe that there is not enough research available to determine its safety. Nothing could be further from the truth. Cannabis is one of the most thoroughly researched drugs in history, and the evidence gathered over the centuries clearly proves that it is safe:

* The Indian Hemp Drugs Commission Report (1894): an exhaustive seven-volume, 3,281-page report that concludes: "Moderate [cannabis] use produces practically no ill effects." [5][6][7]

* The Panama Canal Military Study (1916-1929), amassing extensive data on the health impact of cannabis smoking upon American soldiers stationed in Panama, recommended that "No steps be taken by the Canal Zone authorities to prevent the sale or use of Marihuana." The research also concluded that, "There is no evidence that Marihuana...is...'habit- forming.'" [7][8]

* The LaGuardia Report (1939-1944), commissioned by New York City Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia, which included evidence gathered over thousands of years, concluded that "Smoking marihuana does not lead to addiction... does not lead to morphine, heroin, or cocaine addiction" and that "the publicity concerning the catastrophic effects of marihuana smoking in New York City is unfounded." [7][9]

* The Baroness Wootton Report (1968), commissioned by the Advisory Committee on Drug Dependence of the United Kingdom Home Office, concluded, "There is no evidence that...serious physical dangers are directly associated with the smoking of cannabis." The report also noted that "Cannabis use does not lead to heroin addiction" and that "there is no evidence that [cannabis]...is producing in otherwise normal people conditions of dependence or psychosis, requiring medical treatment." [7][10]

The HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL MENTAL HEALTH LETTER [11] reports the findings of other major cannabis studies:

In three major studies conducted in Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Greece, researchers have compared heavy long-term cannabis users with non-users and found no evidence of intellectual or neurological damage, no changes in personality, and no loss of the will to work or participate in society.

The Jamaican study states that, even as cannabis use in Jamaica "is pervasive" and is used "in heavier quantities with greater THC potency than in the U.S.," its use is "without deleterious social or psychological consequences." [12]

What's more, the three studies cited, the largest human cannabis studies to date, also revealed that heavy long-term cannabis users scored slightly higher on IQ tests, had slightly lower rates of illness and cancer, and lived longer on average than non-users. Users also proved to be more relaxed and sociable than non-users [4][12][13]. The best evidence indicates, contrary to GovtMedia disinformation, that cannabis is safe and good for you.

In line with the findings of the Panama Canal study and the LaGuardia Report, current research confirms that the addictive potential of cannabis is very low. The journal TRENDS IN PHARMACOLOGICAL SCIENCES states that research shows cannabis has "limited potential for development of...psychological dependence due to the weak reinforcing properties of Delta-9-THC." [14] BRAIN RESEARCH journal observes that "cannabinoid dependence and withdrawal phenomena are minimal."[15]

Research proves that cannabis is nontoxic. For example, in the journal FUNDAMENTAL AND APPLIED TOXICOLOGY [16], Dr. William Slikker, director of the Neurotoxicology Division of the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), described the health of monkeys exposed to very high levels of cannabis for an extended period:

The general health of the monkeys was not compromised by a year of marijuana exposure as indicated by weight gain, carboxyhemoglobin and clinical chemistry/hematology values.

When THE ARKANSAS TIMES [17] asked Dr. Merle Paule of NCTR about evidence of cannabis toxicity and the health of the monkeys in the study, Dr. Paule said, "There's just nothing there. They were all fine."

The journal TOXICOLOGY LETTERS [18] published a study that found no link between cannabis smoking and lung cancer. The seven researchers in the study concluded:

It has been suggested that marijuana smoking is a proximal cause of respiratory cancer. However, these intimations have not been borne out by epidemiological investigation.

Not only is the evidence linking cannabis smoking to cancer negative, but the largest human studies cited indicated that cannabis users had lower rates of cancer than nonusers. What's more, those who smoked both cannabis and tobacco had lower rates of lung cancer than those who smoked only tobacco -- a strong indication of chemo-prevention [4][12][13]. Even more, in 1975 researchers at the Medical College of Virginia found that cannabis showed powerful antitumor activity against both benign and malignant tumors (the government then banned all future cannabis/cancer research) [4]. In fact, the NEW ENGLISH DISPENSATORY of 1764 recommends boiled cannabis roots for the elimination of tumors [19]. Powerful evidence that cannabis not only does not cause cancer, but that it may prevent and even cure cancer.

The few studies that the GovtMedia drums into the public mind over and over, which claim to show that cannabis is a harmful drug, are almost all the work of the the government's top hired gun, Dr. Gabriel Nahas. The NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE described Nahas's work as "psychopharmacological McCarthyism that compels him to use half-truths, innuendo and unverified assertions." The JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION also condemned his work, stating, "Examples of biased selection and...omissions of facts abound in every chapter." [20]

Conclusion:

Not only does the best scientific research overwhelmingly confirm that cannabis is both an effective medicine and a safe drug, but that it may both prevent and cure cancer and may be generally beneficial to health. What this shows us most clearly, in light of the consensus to the contrary, is the enormous power of a Big Lie.

With its vast resources, the "GovtMedia elite" are able to fabricate and fob off a pharmacological fraud against both cannabis and the public interest. Through sheer repetition and consistent suppression of contrary information, they are able to construct an edifice of public consensus which even the hardest scientific facts fail to topple.

The truth is no stronger than the ability of true information to surpass the public distribution of false and misleading information. The GovtMedia has a greater ability to distribute a Big Lie than any other sector of society has to distribute the truth. However, this report right here contains copious quantities of carefully referenced scientific facts that consistently and conclusively confirm that cannabis is safe -- thereby exploding the GovtMedia's Big Lie.

As truth is only as powerful as it is known, do all that is in your power to make these powerful facts known, that we might put an end to the destructive and illogical prohibition of the proven safe and effective drug cannabis, for possession of which 10 million Americans have been arrested since 1965 [21].

[1] "Three Former U.S. Presidents Oppose Medical Marijuana Measures," Associated Press (10/30/96).

[2] PHARMACOLOGICAL REVIEWS: Health Aspects of Cannabis. 1986, 38:1, 1-20. pg. 17.

[3] Bureau of Mortality Statistics, 1988. U.S. Public Health Service statistics. National Institute of Drug Abuse statistics. U.S. Surgeon General's Report.

[4] The Emperor Wears No Cloths. Jack Herer, Queen of Clubs Pub, 1991. Recommended: 213-392-1806.

[5] INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADDICTIONS. Spring 1968, digest of 1894 Indian Hemp Drugs Commission Report.

[6] The Indian Hemp Drugs Commission Report of 1894. Jefferson Press, Silv.Spring, MD, 1969, John Kaplan.

[7] http://www.natlnorml.org/research/studies.shtml

[8] MILITARY SURGEON. 1933, vol:73, pages 269-280.

[9] The La Guardia Report, reprinted in "The Marijuana Papers," Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1966.

[10] The Consumer's Union Report: Licit & Illicit Drugs. Mt. Vernon, New York, 1971.

[11] HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL MENTAL HEALTH LETTER: Marijuana. L. Grinspoon, vol. 4, no. 5. Nov, 1987.

[12] Ganja in Jamacia: A Medical Anthropological Study of Chronic Marijuana Use. 1975. Anchor Books, NY.

[13] Cannabis in Costa Rica: A Study of Chronic Marijuana Use, 1980-82, Institute for the Study of Human Issues, 3401 Science Center Philadelphia, PA.

[14] TRENDS IN PHARMACOLOGICAL SCIENCES: Neurobiology of Marijuana Abuse. 1992, 13:201-206. pg. 203.

[15] BRAIN RESEARCH: Chronic cannabinoid administration alters cannabinoid receptor binding in rat brain: a quantitative autoradiographic study. 1993, 616:293-302. pg. 300.

[16] FUNDAMENTAL AND APPLIED TOXICOLOGY: Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus Monkey. 1991, Aug; 17, 321- 34.

[17] THE ARKANSAS TIMES: Refer Madness. 9/16/93.

[18] TOXICOLOGY LETTERS, "No Increase in Carcinogen-DNA Adducts in the Lungs of Monkeys Exposed Chronically to Marijuana Smoke," 1992, Dec;63 (3): 321-32.

[19] Marijuana: The First 12,000 Years. Plenum Press, 1980.

[20] The Great Drug War, Macmillan Publishing, 1987.

[21] Marijuana Policy Project, 202-462-5747, P.O. Box 77492, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. 20013. http://www.mpp.org, MPP@MPP.ORG

(c) 1996 Ian Williams Goddard - (*) free to copy nonprofit w/ attribute.

I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me.
Others are still in the dark and need
the light to see.
"I AM"
"Gathering the fragments so that
none are lost"
His Shepherdess
http://missouri.thcministry.org/
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Lilli!

A very good summary of the studies we need to be able to the refute anti- cannabis arguments believed by our friends and relatives....

Joe
aeroplane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gang! Update on hash/cannabis/alcohol experiment. I combined 2 g of hash with 1g of weeeeeeak pot with .15L of white rum (the single malt wasn't available as a fellow scientist drank it). I heated this mixture in a pan until the alcohol had evaporated. This infused the sticky hash into the cheap pot.

I then put the pothash into a .25L bottled and poured more rum over it. I placed the bottle into a pan with 3cm of perculating water for 5-6 minutes. I removed the bottle let it stand in the sun for 3 days before seperating the solids and testing the substances on a guinea pig.

I put several drops beneath the Guinea Pigs (GP) tongue and instructed him to hold it there for several minutes. The GP said it felt hot like a chili with little devils trying to drill through the sensitive semi-permiable membrane beneath the tongue.

When instructed to, the GP swallowed the devils with their little drills, wiped the tears from his eyes and found the taste not too displeasing. I observed the GP for 1/2 an hour. To my dismay, the GP said it felt more like a good caffiene buzz than anything else. Although he did mention that he seemed more sensative to light and color.

Next, I gave the GP a bud infused with hash to chew and chew and chew as the hash must have had some grissle. Within 5 mins the GP expressed that he was being to feel the effects. I decided to give him a pipe with a wet bud to study if there would be a synthesis effect.

The GP took 2 small hits and expressed that he was on his way to meet God. However, the intial rush began to level out within 25 mins and he never left this plain but he did enjoy a good trip somewhere in the abyss between being high and being stoned. After about 2 1/2 hours he returned to baseline. There is a reason why they call me aeroplane. Wink

I'm considering trying to make a Peruvian Torch tincture. I've already done the initial preparation of making cactus mush. Any suggestions?

US President Jimmy Carter
aeroplane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omygod! That's potent! Okay, this time I gave a few drops to my Monkey. It burned like the Devil as he held it beneath his tongue, then choked him on the waaay down. I put some of the rum/hash/ and cheap pot combo into a pipe for him to smoke and kool down with.

My Monkey tok tuw... 2 hits, (sory, itsgettinghard 2 type). Anhyway, My Monkey 2 hits. That's it. NO more. Nooosireebob. And.... wherewasigoingwith-thh-this? So my Monkey got crosseyed and has trouble typing so i'm helping here.

The point is... ....yeah, the really weeeeeeak pot fused with really good hash is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more potent than either one seperately. Then when the tincture is taken sublingually... well let me just say my Monkey is in Alice's Wonderlnd rite now. Twisted Evil

aeroplane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to update on my tincture. I don't know what happened, but it wasn't as potent as I first thought. I think I had a cold when I first tried it because it never seemed nearly that strong again. Sad The pot combined with the hash was pretty strong but it tastes like licking an ashtray.

The Moose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: been there Reply with quote

OK. You want my recipe for something like what you tried there?

YES?

GOOD!

First I start with weed, smokable weed - but cheap. I get a crapload of it and then I stick it in an airtight, sealable, container - leaves, buds and the like, BUT NO STEMS. I moisten it with liquor. JUST A LITTLE. Moisten does not mean make wet. Seal it up and wait.

I call this Christmas Pipeweed. It can take a year to make.

Every time I get some more smoke, I add an offering to the container. If it seems dry, add a few drops of your liquor. (Use only liquors that have no sugar in them, as you will be burning this mix later.) A few times throughout the year I will get some hash. Sprinkle a bit of hash into the container too. Keep mixing what you got in the container every week or so. I throw all the extra small leftover dry stuff from the bottom of the stash into this too. 'Roaches' can be added to this as well, but be careful - they taste of ASH! After one year of maintaining your 'collection', you should have a container filled with many FINE memories and the mix should feel like pipe tobacco. Smoke up and don't forget to share.
Echo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic, what was used it for back then in good old America?
But I’ll stand my ground and I won’t back down
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Echo....

I know it was used to treat "melancholia" which is what they called depression back then...this is from the same site:

A Brief History of Medical Cannabis

by Ian Williams Goddard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For thousands of years prior to its prohibition in the 20th century, cannabis was used as a medicine throughout the world. During the 19th century the potent extract of cannabis was one of the top three most prescribed medical agents in the United States.

Until the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act, cannabis, being a powerful topical analgesic, muscle relaxant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-spasmodic agent, was found in virtually all fistulas, corn and mustard plasters, muscle ointments, and fibrosis poultices

The United States Pharmacopeia listed cannabis until 1942, after which it was removed under political pressure. The Pharmacopeia recommended cannabis for the treatment of over 100 illnesses, such as: fatigue, fits of coughing, rheumatism, asthma, delirium tremens, migraine headaches, and the cramps and depression associated with menstruation.

In 1890, Dr. J. Russell Reynolds, Fellow of the Royal Society and the Physician in Order to Her Majesty's Household, stated in the journal Lancet that cannabis is ``one of the most valuable medicines we possess'' He prescribed cannabis to Queen Victoria for PMS

In 1898 Sir William Osler, Professor of Medicine at the University of Oxford, stated that for migraine headaches, cannabis ``is probably the most satisfactory remedy''

Medical Cannabis: the 20th Century

During the 20th century cannabis has been discovered to be an effective treatment for many more ailments. For example, based on major research, Dr. Van Sim concluded that "marijuana ... is probably the most potent anti-epileptic known to medicine today" More powerful than standard anti-epileptic drugs, cannabis totally eliminated epileptic seizures in children not responding to legal drug therapies.
----------------------------------------------------------------

More at http://www.conquestdesign.com/uncler/html/history.html along with great photos of old cannabis medicine bottles...

Bliss
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Stokes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading that the good herb was also used for treating 'hysteria' in women years ago. That would probably fall under the PMS category.

My ex still uses it for that particular infliction ... I guess she just hasn't found the proper dosage yet. Laughing

Bliss her sweet soul. Rolling Eyes

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around here, we use it for stress.

My wife doesn't have stress, but she's a carrier. rofl

As far as a treatment for hysteria...if only our politicians would try it.

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stokes wrote:
I remember reading that the good herb was also used for treating 'hysteria' in women years ago. That would probably fall under the PMS category.

I have read a very interesting article from a Dutch female writer who researched the origins of the particular 'hysteria'. This is a real funny story, appearently it are the symptoms of lack of sex, well, more precisely, lack of orgasm(s). In these days sex was not a subject that was talked about and (believe it or not) most people didn't even know about masturbation as common as in out society today. Doctors found a cure for 'hysteria' by doing what is stated in old books as 'the rubbing of the under parts of the patient' and they often had a female assistant to do this because it was too time consuming for doctors because of many ladies who needed repeated treatment.

This story actually was as an introduction for the history and invention of the vibrator, the first ones were made to be used by those assistants to 'speed up the process' in curing women from 'hysteria' Laughing

I know it's off topic. Embarassed

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Stokes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferre wrote:

I know it's off topic.

Off topic, but right on the mark.

That's the same bit that I read about 'hysteria'. Laughing

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Rev.DeGray2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny, i scroll down and look what i found Smile .

Sincerely Rev. DeGray 2
Ferre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
RogerChristie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: "Hysteria", the play Reply with quote

Hello out there in Canna-land,

Aloha. Yes, there is a play called "Hysteria, the origin of the vibrator" that I saw a month ago here in Hilo. It was ... well ... hysterical! :-}

Apparently the play was written in a historically-accurate manner. Really educational and funny, as you can imagine. The doctor who invented the vibrator had a wife who was VERY interested in his 'work'. "How many ladies did you 'treat' today, Dear?"

The good doctor was very clinical and had a sore hand from being so busy all day with appointments. Poor guy. The vibrator was a 'handy' device, alright!

At the end of the play they announced raffle prizes from the numbers on the ticket receipts. The first prize announced caused a commotion in the audience as the prize of a vibrator went to a 15 year old girl who was there with her family!!! She went up on stage to get it to laughter from everyone. What happened from there is her secret.

The second prize of another vibrator went to the woman I took to the play! Hallelujah! This was a big, pink vibrator with "pleasure bumps" all over it. Too funny!

I think we all got our money's worth from that entertainment. I know I did!

All the best to you,

Roger

###
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: