THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
'Tincture of cannabis' recipe
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: 'Tincture of cannabis' recipe Reply with quote

Roger has been advocating this recipe to me for a very long time now, and I was pleasantly surprised when I found it as he posted it on his personal 'corner', as he call's it.
I can recommend it too, it's great! Very Happy

Roger Christy wrote:
Dear Person,

Aloha. As practitioners of cannabis sacrament we practice the art and spirituality of using the sacred herb for our highest good. One of the many ways to enjoy cannabis for me is as a tincture. As far as I know, tinctures are very simple liquid remedies made by soaking herbs in drinking alcohol or veetable glycerine.

Back in the mid-1990's I met Andy Hamid, a very bright human being and a wonderful guy. He was teaching at John Jay College in New York at the time and was a board member of NORML. He came to Hawai'i to testify in a marijuana trial of a friend of mine (pre-ministry). I hosted a dinner party for Andy and, among other stories, he shared his basic tincture recipe with us.

Growing-up on the island of Trinidad where most people were very poor it was common for families to have a bottle of rum in the house. Rum comes from sugar cane. Andy told me that all families had a bottle of rum into which they would put a fresh-picked cannabis bud. Bud + rum = tincture, the all-purpose cannabis medicine.

I tried it at harvest time. A fresh-picked Puna bud (about 1/4 oz.) put straight into a new bottle of 151 rum. 'Shaken, not stirred' and left to marinate for a few days. The clear rum turned golden-green in color...beautiful.

Looking at the bottle with the cannabis bud on a stick inside pleased me more than just looking at a bud. It looks like a gourmet vinegar bottle with herbs inside, only BETTER! The bud goes a long way, too. This is a potent liquid. Usually a few drops will work the magic. Ok, a dropper-full can really do wonders.

151 rum is too hot for tincture to me, and it's not delicious. I tried Stoly vodka, tequila, Bailey's Irish cream whiskey and Amaretto - all with about a 1/4 to 1/2 ounce bud inside. They all make tincture, but Grand Marnier is the crowd-pleaser of them all.

Here's how I do it now: take a one ounce eye-dropper bottle and put about one-half gram of cannabis bud inside. Add Grand Marnier almost to the top, leaving room for the dropper. Screw the top on tight and place the bottle in a pan of water. Bring almost to a boil and leave the bottle in the pan for about three minutes. Take a drop or two while warm and taste-test it yourself. If you can definitely taste the bud through the delicious orange-flavored Cognac then it's perfect. If you need more bud, add a little and heat it up again.

Tincture is great. It can go in your pocket and pass through a metal detector. You can take a drop or two almost anywhere at any time. Zero smoke.

Enjoy tincture of cannabis soon.

'Tincture of cannabis' recipe

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Rev. Chazman
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried some today made from 190 proof alcohol and cannabis. A few drops do you just fine. Its a good way to enjoy cannabis if smoke is out of the question.

Peace
I praise good thoughts, good words, and good deeds and those that are to be thought, spoken, and done. I do accept all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I do renounce all evil thoughts, evil words, and evil deeds. ---Avesta: Yasna
---------------------------------------------------
Future Servant of Cannatopia ©2004 - ∞ Rev. Chazman all rights reserved
PotSmokingFiend

Location: On a small blue/green planet in one of the outer spiral arms of a Galaxy called 'The Milky Way'.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm...
sounds good! i like my spirits an liqueurs so this sounds very nice!

do you need to heat it up or can you just pack say an eigth into a 35cl bottle of the prefered spirit and leave it for a while?

how long would you recommend me to leave it for? 2days, 4days, a week?

for a 35cl bottle how much would you recommend i add for full effect?

do you know "Drambuie"? its a liqueur made from wiskey, honey and some herbs and spices. 40% alcohol and very very nice. its sweet and slightly viscous. i LOVE it!!!!

thanx for the idea Ferre rocker
PotSmokingFiend

Location: On a small blue/green planet in one of the outer spiral arms of a Galaxy called 'The Milky Way'.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just started a small batch of my own...
can't wait to see what it comes out like! Cool Laughing drink spinnin grins grins
Senior Gato
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Success! Reply with quote

I made this recipe just as given, except I used St. Remy Napoleon Brandy. After the three minute simmer in about 180 degree water. I tested it with a few drops and I could feel it. About fifteen minutes later a few more drops. Repeat again. I notice I am having some trouble adjusting to get 'dosage' right. It seems to come on strong and then fade very quickly. It is funny some other tincture recipes I found said you have to use 190 proof grain alcohol for it to be worth it. But I am definately feeling the effects from this preparation and it tastes really good too!

Also do I leave the herb in the bottle?
Or should I strain it out after some time?
I also noticed it has gone cloudy, after about half an hour. Does this just indicate the further dissolved solids?
Senior Gato

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Degredation Reply with quote

Well there seems to be a problem with degredation. After about a week it seems to have totally lost its potency. I left the plant material in the tincture. Does anyone think think that could have anything to do with it? Or does the alcohol break down the THC and other cannabinoids?
Ferre

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I have no idea to be honest. I was hoping someone else could give you an answer, I have done it several times, strained it though and didn't leave the plant material in it. Also I never noticed it getting less potent after a while. But I must say it never lasted long enough to find out.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
PotSmokingFiend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the stuff i made i just put the greenery in the bottle and left it there! i didn't heat it it or anything. it doesn't seem to be that potent but it certainly does hav some effect. i just recently poured what i hav left into a hip flask and i filtered out the weed. it doesn't seem to taste as harsh now either. i'm going to hav to try making it again but i'll try heating it this time and see if that has any different effect.

i'll hav to wait until i'm back at uni and hav connection to my broadband so i can try and find out if alcohol breaks down thc. i doubt it does, as far as i'm concerned the longer you leave the weed in the drink the better really. more thc will be extracted and thats never a bad thing Laughing Laughing

will post again when i've found out anything else, till then keep experimenting and post any useful findings here.
Senior Gato

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I filtered out the plant material, and that agitated the solution quite a bit. I tried about 10 to 20 drops and the potency seemed to return a bit. So maybe the THC settles to the bottom, and you need to shake it up a bit before use. Also, I kept the filtered plant material and let it dry out, I then consumed about 10 drops of the solution then smoked some of the plant material. And that was very potent, but if I just smoked the plant material, or just consumed the solution it was not as potent. Perhaps there are some cannabinoids that are not being extractred with the alcohol, and they are synergistic with the ones that are. The solution alone was a bit more potent than the left over plant material smoked. But combined it was very potent.
kytaira

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read various reports about adding Lecithin to anything Cannabis baked/made. (or at least injested!)
Lecithin is available at almost any health food store as it is a substance that makes "Fat Soluable" and make them "Water Soluable" which allows the THC in the injested recipe to be absorbed quicker, with a higher percentage of the THC being absorbed by the body, and the effects will apparently last longer as well. It apparently has no flavor. I read about a guy doing a test with batches of brownies that he made (1 with, and 1 without it) and fed them to his friends without their knowledge of the added lecithin. The results were positive.
I am planing on trying this out with my next harvest. But on the note of the alcoholic cannabis:
I had a recipe for "Potka".
Basically, fill mason jars with as much stem and shake as you wish (Use the buds for more potent mixtures) Fill the jars with Just as much Vodka as it takes to cover the stems/Buds. Seal the jar and place it in a warm dark place for about a week. Give or take a week. Check on the mixture daily, popping the lid to allow some fresh air inside every couple of days. (Not sure if this does a damned thing though!) After a week or 2 of soaking the buds, strain the greenish-yellow colored "potka" and serve with your favourite Fruit Juice, or just on the rocks and enjoy!
This method works well, but I have only used the stems and shake to make it. I was only looking for a slight addition to the vodka, but next time it's gonna have some buds too!

Enjoy your Potka in moderation
(Just kidding!)
Don't Drink and Drive!
Rev. Anthony
roney

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I tried this using Grand Marnier . I ground up 3 grms of bud and poured them into the bottle. they would not settle and seemed to float around (very trippy seeing seeing bits of bud move slowly around the liquid...quite beautiful when held up to the light Very Happy )

so i left it overnight and this morning it had all risen to the top!! it still remains in the bottle but is gathering on the spout of the bottle..

oh well i'll leave it a few weeks and see what happens.

peace all

roney

"It is not possible to consider Creation and the Creator, Nature and God as different or separate. Just as the bubble is born in water, stays on water and disappears in water, so too the Cosmos is born in the Absolute, exists as a part of the Absolute and merges back in the Absolute. Recognise the truth that just as the bubble cannot be conceived without water, the Cosmos cannot be conceived without God. "

http://www.radiosai.org/pages/Thought.asp
aeroplane

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea! Have you ever made it with hashish, or do you know anybody who has? Very Happy

US President Jimmy Carter
aeroplane

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay my brethern, I shall dare the marriage of hashish with fine single malt whiskey. I think just the fact that I'll have to hold the single malt in my mouth for several seconds to fully appreciate it will help facilitate the absorbsion of the THC through my mouth.

If this works I might try marrying THC with absenthe. Now that's a trip waiting to happen. ShockedExclamation ... Twisted Evil Cool

US President Jimmy Carter
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Single Malt do you like the best?

Have you tried Lagavulin.....very smoky!
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice bit of Americana, circa 1900:

Lot's of great Cannabis medicine bottles and advertisements, etc, here: http://www.conquestdesign.com/uncler/html/Misc2/

Lilly pharmaceuticals was into cannabis, big time. At least a century of research there!

Tinctures were, indeed, cannabis + alcohol. You can bet your great-grandpa was real good about taking his medicine!

Bliss on

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: