THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
This legal precedent didn't work. A lot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: This legal precedent didn't work. A lot! Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

Aloha. Here's one tactic that succeeded, but made things WORSE! Imagine all the money and (wo)manpower that it took to pass this city legislation. What a waste!

Every day that goes by makes me believe even more in the power of our mission and our methods. 'Getting high' with Cannabis sacrament in private by sincere people is a religious activity protected by State and Federal Constitutions.

Nice try, Mason and Denver people, but join us now or you'll probably join us later. The Constitution is ready to help as soon as you'll let it.

All the best to you,

Roger

@@@

Legal Pot Activists Angry at Police
Posted by CN Staff on April 10, 2007 at 07:34:11 PT
By Lou Kilzer, Rocky Mountain News
Source: Rocky Mountain News

Colorado -- Marijuana legalization advocates say they are furious with Denver police for arresting more people for misdemeanor possession after city residents voted to legalize the weed in 2005.
Mason Tvert, who led the charge to get marijuana legalized, said the group will hold a noon news conference today at the steps of City Hall to decry the findings.

Arrests for most minor crimes rose in Denver last year, and rose faster than marijuana arrests, following a change in policing philosophy.

But Tvert said nothing can justify an 11 percent spike in marijuana possession arrests last year.

"If there's one, it's too many," Tvert said. "They (police) have the discretion not to arrest."

Although 54 percent of Denver voters approved legalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana by adults, it is still illegal under state law. Denver police have always said that they would continue to enforce state law.

By December of last year, Denver reported that arrests for all crimes were up 14 percent, more than the increase in marijuana arrests.

And misdemeanor arrests were up even more.

Tvert said that blacks make up 32 percent of those arrested for possession, while comprising 11 percent of the city's population.

Tvert plans to have retired Denver police Lt. Tony Ryan on hand to speak for retired law enforcement officers who favor legalization.

Ryan said that many lawmen have known for years that "marijuana is not the evil, demonic gateway drug that some want you to believe it is."

One person not sharing that idea is City Councilman Charlie Brown.

"It's still state law," Brown said. "We can't be selective about the laws we enforce."

Misdemeanor pot busts:

• 2003 2,151

• 2004 1,912

• 2005 2,196

• 2006 2,446

Source: Denver Safety Office Of Policy Analysis

Note: Possession busts rise despite city voters' OK.

Newshawk: The GCW
Source: Rocky Mountain News (Denver, CO)
Author: Lou Kilzer, Rocky Mountain News
Published: April 10, 2007
Copyright: 2007 Denver Publishing Co.

@@@
zero
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This article isn't completely right.

We all knew beforehand that even if we did legalize marijuana in Denver, state law would still make it a misdemeanor. That is the way our government works. If we are going to try to change things, we need to go about it the right way. These folks are crying over spilled milk.

SAFER tried to do it the right way last year, but I think they went about it wrong. By using the domestic violence ad campaign, they were just associating marijuana with negative things.

I think we would be better off not lying about things. Legalizing marijuana is not going to stop domestic violence, cut down on drunk driving, or make the city a safer place.

What it will do is add money into the economy. Jobs will be created and an entire new trade will be established. There is big money in Marijuana, some to be had by all, if only it was legal.

The billboards with the chick who had the black eye were in bad taste. It brought about negative thoughts to anyone who viewed it. It was also shady in its intention, not specifically mentioning marijuana. A positive, less controversial image would have done a lot better for the last vote.

Anyways, the problem here does not lie with the state of Colorado, it lies with the activists that did not do their homework and simply went about things in the wrong way. I hate to say it is our fault, but it is. Colorado is very liberal when it comes to marijuana, anything under an ounce is just like getting a ticket for speeding.

Someone in say, Alabama might have a real problem with marijuana laws. Get caught with a jpint, go to prison. To people in Colorado it is more of a minor nusence to get busted for weed, akin to getting caught speeding. It sucks but it won't ruin your week.

I don't even know why we are worried about Colorado. What we really need to worry about are the states that send stoners to prison. Let's stop that first.

Wow. This was a pretty long rant. Before anyone tries to quote me and argue a point, I was really stoned and just kind of venting with this post.

"I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
Nachtschattenreich

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, without your post I never might have taken notice of that campaign.

It is perfectly ok to write from the High. Being high is not a bad state for mind in which one should refrain from posting, like being tired or something.
zero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does nobody even read what I write here?

"I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero,

I try not to read your posts!!!
aeroplane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ryan said that many lawmen have known for years that "marijuana is not the evil, demonic gateway drug that some want you to believe it is."

One person not sharing that idea is City Councilman Charlie Brown.

"It's still state law," Brown said. "We can't be selective about the laws we enforce."

Oh that Charlie Brown. He's a clown. He's still pissed because Lucy won't let him kick the football!

US President Jimmy Carter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: