THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
This is awful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: This is awful. Reply with quote

County Prosecutor Turns Two Medical Marijuana Patients Over To Feds
Two medical marijuana patients, facing prosecution by their California county, were turned over to federal authorities shortly after they showed up for their court appearance. The Oakland Tribune reported on Jan. 16, 2004 ( "Couple Busted For Pot Is Turned Over To Feds") that "An Oakland man who went to state court this week to mount a medical defense to marijuana charges was instead handed over to federal authorities, who have filed charges that could put him and a co-defendant behind bars for the rest of their lives. David Davidson, 52, an Oakland Cannabis Buyers Cooperative member, and Cynthia Blake, 53, of Red Bluff, are to be arraigned today by U.S. Magistrate Judge Gregory G. Hollows of Sacramento. They're charged with manufacturing more than 100 marijuana plants and conspiracy to cultivate more than 1,000 marijuana plants. The former is punishable by five to 40 years in federal prison; the latter by a mandatory minimum of 10 years and a maximum of life."

The Tribune reported that "Davidson and Blake both have doctor's recommendations to use marijuana as medicine, as required by state law, and Oakland Cannabis Buyers Cooperative medical director Dr. Michael Alcalay went to Tehama County Superior Court in Corning on Tuesday to testify on Davidson's behalf. But Tehama County assistant District Attorney Lynn Strom unexpectedly announced the state would drop its charges against the pair, and she and the pair's lawyers went into a judge's chambers to discuss why. When they did, Tehama County Sheriff's deputies -- acting on federal authority under a local-federal drug task force's auspices -- arrested the pair on the federal charges, issued last week by a grand jury in Sacramento."

There is much more here on this and other cases.
http://www.csdp.org/news/news/medmar.htm
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
PotSmokingFiend

Location: On a small blue/green planet in one of the outer spiral arms of a Galaxy called 'The Milky Way'.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

utter bastards!!! that is wrong!! That is immoral telling them that the charges r going to be dropped and then arresting them!! WTF IS GOING ON OVER THERE IN AMERICA!!!!
i only hope that they can get a good defence and get their justice!
Lilli

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LET MEEEEEEEEEEE OUTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAA HEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: