THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
The UN on Cannabis - Document Circa 1950

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: The UN on Cannabis - Document Circa 1950 Reply with quote

Another excellent link with information i just received from Roger;

Roger Christie wrote:
High to All,

This is amazing. How the UN attitude has changed. Enjoy some of the positive history of cannabis .

Roger

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/bulletin/bulletin_1950-01-01_4_page003.html

I found this to be an interesting part of their conclusion:

Quote:
Conclusion

To sum up: there is only one species of hemp (Cannabis sativa), of which Cannabis indica is only a variety. Both varieties have textile fibres and oleaginous seeds, and are capable of providing inebriant resin if the circumstances of habitat and climate provide the necessary conditions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rev. Chazman
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of uses listed, Thats interesting. Thanks guys.

Peace
I praise good thoughts, good words, and good deeds and those that are to be thought, spoken, and done. I do accept all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I do renounce all evil thoughts, evil words, and evil deeds. ---Avesta: Yasna
---------------------------------------------------
Future Servant of Cannatopia ©2004 - ∞ Rev. Chazman all rights reserved
HvyFuel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this sounds stupid even to me but I can't find the bit that makes it stupid.

Quote:
In India it is used by beggars and poor fakirs for chewing, and plays an important part in the rituals of many Hindu temples, being regarded as a sacred plant.

Are we using the wrong book? The UN recognises it's a sacred plant to Hindus already.

Just a careless thought.

peace Smile
HvyFuel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people seem to forget that this is a multi-faith Ministry and there is more than one book that guides the beliefs of it's members. The Hindu Bhagavad Gita or the Koran, for example, can be used as reference works in the cause of this Ministry with equal standing to the Christian Bible.

peace Smile
Ferre

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not using the wrong book at all, because we don't "use a book" as other religions do. We do know these books and refere to all the other religions that have their written references to cannabis as a sacrament. If you go to the first page on this very website: www.thc-ministry.net you will see this text:

Quote:
It is our opinion that cannabis is the original sacrament of
Hebrew, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Shinto, Buddhist, Rasta and more,
and fulfills the prophesies to 'feed all our hungers'.

Also on the 'home' page:

Quote:
The THC Ministry is based on ancient wisdom, modern science & the enlightening & healing properties of cannabis sacrament. Our mission includes liberating the cannabis hemp plant & the minds of those who do & of those who do not revere it.

(By Roger Christie btw)

THC Ministry is not into worshipping books and gods. THC Ministry is researching those scriptures for references. THC Ministry does recognise the spiritual and all other values of cannabis for our human race and mandates the use for its members.
You are welcome to worship any god you like, this is no barrier to become a member but as I mentioned before, THC Ministry is not about worshipping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HvyFuel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ferre.

Peace Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: