THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
The Ultimatum...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Events and festivities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pateticus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: The Ultimatum... Reply with quote

There's an old saying that miracles always wait until the very last minute.

Last night, a miracle presented itself in the form of a chance meeting with some of the most influential people in Lakewood.

These influential people believe that cooperative measures such as mine take valuable resources away from a system that we all know is big enough to take the occasional loss--I mean, after all, our schools lost $25billion this year. They don't need Social Entrepreneurs like myself encouraging the tax-exempt status in order to take matters into our own hands and improve our communities on our own.

We can't be going around proving that we can accomplish something without the assistance of the Departments of Social Work and Education. How dare I suggest that parents have the right to decide how to educate and care for their own children. That would be wrong. If I don't believe in the system I'm not patriotic and I don't deserve to live here.

I was told, in no uncertain terms, that if I didn't shut myself down that they would do it for me by manipulating the media and digging up the seedy little details of my past and private life. This, not more than a week away from when I intended to get started.

How is this a miracle?

That which challenges our freedom and our livlihood can be met in one of two ways: We can play by the rules, make the adequate sacrifices and then contend ourselves with meeting the challenge face to face--thus occupying that place and that time with nothing but the intent to meet that challenge. Reaping the rewards if we win and licking our wounds if we lose.

Or we can decide not to play, allowing us to make the rules, taking the game up to the next level before they're ready for it. And we can see if the challenge thinks us worthy enough to follow.

When people are pushed to their limit, they are capable of incredible things. Being pushed to one's limit means having nothing left if you lose. But it means getting everything back if you win.

We can continue telling these influential people that they're the ones in control by allowing them to set the pace and place the challenges and make the rules. Or we can tell them that we don't care about their policies, that we don't care to be challenged at this time, and can we please get on with whatever it is that we want to do with ourselves.

These people are looking for a fight, I'm not willing to give them one. I'm just here to have a good time and help a few people along the way.

We can make the statement that this needs to stay together by doing nothing more than getting together to have a good time. No sit-ins, no burn-outs, no protests or marches. Just music, food, fun and families.

If you want to know more:
Tuesday & Saturday Nights at 8pm: The Phoenix Coffee House 15108 Detroit Ave in Lakewood
All Day Fridays and Saturdays: Barbecue and Music Circle at my home in Rocky River (email for details...)
July 15th: A Night of Games at Cyber City 15713 Detroit Ave in Lakewood
http://members.cox.net/pateticus/

Our livlihood, our freedom, is at stake here.
I can't think of a better prize...

Pateticus

Wink
http://members.cox.net/pateticus/
Torkel
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you & the cause, good luck.

Stand up for your rights..

Peace,
Torkel Smile

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Events and festivities All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: