THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
The Tax act.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilli
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: The Tax act. Reply with quote

TSRev.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trips me out every time I see it. It is such an embarrasment that I cannot believe this BS law is still tolerated after being sold this way.
TSRev.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: The Tax act. Reply with quote

Lilli wrote:

Sorry, all, but I still cannot belive how alienated and betrayed I feel when I contemplate this bit of racist BS perpetrated by Hairy A.. Embarassed This would be funny if it were not a true part of American history. Shocked

As a (mostly) white male I feel betrayed in the fact that he has neglected to mention the effects of the devil weed on white males. Does this mean that MJ will not help me to "...seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others"? Rolling Eyes
"any others"???

I guess it was too early in history for it to be fashionable or else he would have blamed Communism, Rock and Rap, Dykes and Fairies on MJ as well. Help me here... who else did he leave out of the insults?
Lilli
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I to am appaled by that statement. Makes you wonder doesnt it how it ever got passed. Lol Is that guy some relation to Ashcroft?
Romadon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this idiot was in a position of power and considered by many to be an intellectual I suppose. I don't know whether to get mad, laugh, or cry.

Maybe I should do all Evil or Very Mad Laughing Crying or Very sad.

A subsidiary of Terrafirma Hollowed by Cannabis, Inc.

Last edited by Romadon on Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Meghan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think something important about the marijuana tax act is that it outlawed, recreational, medical, and any research regarding cannabis. But-not religous use.
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm.....let's see....

During the 1930s, Anslinger proclaimed that "marijuana" or "marihuana," in his clever way, turned regular people into homocidal maniacs and mass axe-murders...

Then...during the Korean War, Anslinger testified that "marijuana" was dangerous because it turned soldiers into pacifists.

It may just be me...but...it seems there's a bit of inconsistency, there. Laughing

I laugh, not because it's funny-funny. Laughter is my defense mechanism to reduce suffering.

None-the-less...

Follow Your Bliss!
Ben Power
Pepper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the US, it's the scheduling system that is used to perpetuate the war on cannabis. Think about it, why was this needed?
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepper wrote:
In the US, it's the scheduling system that is used to perpetuate the war on cannabis. Think about it, why was this needed?

That's correct. The congress could repeal the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 this afternoon, and it would not make one bit of difference. Cannabis would still be classified as a "Schedule One Dangerous Narcotic with absolutely no medicinal use" despite 10,000 years of medicinal use in every single culture on earth.

I assume it was "needed" as a standard government redundancy, but I'd love to hear your thoughts....

Follow your Bliss,
Ben
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember in the 50''s when there was a lot of discrimination...very wrong but also very common. My parents were like that; they believed all blacks were worthless; a throw back to a much more primitive time when 'educated people' heavily discriminated against the poor and underprivileged. Then in the 60's because of Vietnam and the reaction against the war and government corruption everyone began to become more educated in a different way...more enlightened to the need around them. New ideas began to pop up like: it's the cool, educated people that smoke weed, maybe it's OK and slowly society began to turn...like the Titanic trying to turn to miss an iceberg bigger than she was. Unfortunately, our government is still in the middle of the turn and taking on a lot of ice.....

Fyrefly1
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Fyrefly....there was, indeed, a renaissance going on during that period. It was a very big deal.

Then...it seemed like, one day, we looked around and said, "Hey. Where'd everbody go?"

Follow Your Bliss
Ben
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Where'd everybody go?'...I think they all hid under their covers. The gov't's anti marijuana (the Dare program) scare campaign was so effective that most people believed it lock, stock and barrel.
The Fed is very very good at being spin doctors, don't you think..?
But not forever.

Fyrefly1
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. They did scare people, and continue to do so.

I remember when I first heard the words ZERO TOLERANCE ooze forth from Bill Bennett's mouth, I thought, "Uh-oh. We're in for a very bumpy ride, indeed."

And yes....I'm still amazed at how many cannabis people believe that there is something wrong with what they are doing.

It's as if they deny the validity of their own experience and embrace the lies of the spin doctors. That's some mighty powerful spin.

I'm so glad I've found this ministry and all you folks. We're needed "out there"... we have a lot of brothers and sisters who are walking in darkness. They need our light and love.

And, as for ZERO TOLERANCE...like a good little meme, it has been absorbed into America's common vocabulary and institutional reality models. ZERO TOLERANCE is now applied to all sorts of politically incorrect thoughts and behavior.

But, as you point out...not forever.

Follow Your Bliss --Always--
Ben Power
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin doctors get paid well, ask any lobbyist. The trouble is, they never tell all sides of the story...they can't because then the spin wouldn't work.

Fyrefly1

BTW, I admire your Avatar every time I see it....where did you find it?, or did you create it yourself...?
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyrefly1 wrote:

BTW, I admire your Avatar every time I see it....where did you find it?, or did you create it yourself...?

I've seen it several places, but this is where I "borrowed" it:

http://westwood.fortunecity.com/chanel/771/

...and, having given his URL, I've fulfilled his only request (for folks who use what they find there.) He has about 5 pages of good cannabis clipart...

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: