THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
The FDA says a cherry is a drug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Health and Food issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
payitforward
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: The FDA says a cherry is a drug Reply with quote

I just read this article and thought that you all might appreciate it...

Quote:
FDA tyranny and the censorship of cherry health facts (opinion)

In the past, I jokingly said that broccoli might someday be banned as soon as the public begins to learn about the potent anti-cancer chemicals found in the vegetable. That’s because, as I jested, the FDA wouldn’t want people treating their own cancer with the anti-cancer medicines found in cruciferous vegetables. But it seems that my joke wasn’t so funny after all, because the FDA is now threatening cherry growers with raids to confiscate their cherries, haul them into court, and put them out of business for doing one simple thing that the FDA cannot stand to allow: The distribution of scientific information describing the health benefits of cherries.

On October 17, 2005, the FDA sent warning letters to 29 companies that market cherries. In these letters, the FDA threatened these companies with legal action and told them they had to remove the scientific information on their websites that described the health benefits of the natural medicines found in cherries, such as the anthocyanins that reduce inflammation for arthritis sufferers. According to the warped FDA logic that now seems to be standard, when cherry growers post scientific information about the health benefits of their cherries, they magically transform their cherries into drugs and therefore, as drugs, they must have FDA approval in order to sell them in the United States.

The FDA says a cherry is a drug
Now, any normal, sane person would look at a cherry and say, “It’s just a cherry.” It’s a natural fruit that people have been eating for as long as anyone can remember. But the FDA, in light of the fact that people are now discovering that cherries are actually good medicine, looks at a cherry and says (paraphrasing), “No, it’s a drug, and you have to have our permission to market it, and if you continue to talk about the health benefits of cherries, we will use our power to put you out of business.”

read the whole article here http://www.newstarget.com/019366.html
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm going to re-post it over at the dot-org.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
revjohn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we all know how full of crap the FDA is now don't we?
aeroplane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, if they consider cherries to be drugs it certainly won't make legalizing marijuana any easier, now will it? Laughing

I wonder if there is any plans to confinscate all willow trees from peoples lawns in America as willows have a natural pain relieving chemical compound similiar to aspirin?

US President Jimmy Carter
Torkel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aeroplane wrote:
...I wonder if there is any plans to confinscate all willow trees from peoples lawns in America as willows have a natural pain relieving chemical compound similiar to aspirin?

The Fraud and Drug Admin. will most likely confiscate the willows along with the slippery elm trees which help with pain too. Smile

I've also heard they were considering to make it a crime to have black walnut trees in one's possession due to the fact that the leaves are unacceptable competition for flea/tick control corporations products. Laughing

It's been said that the Oral-B dental products company is making plans to deter possible competition from "frayed birch twigs!" (work as a toothbrush with built-in mouthwash) Laughing

Aftew the FDA is finished squashing the competition of their employer's, these dangerous plants will be made available at a reduced rate by their new boss'. (same as the old boss Laughing )

"Lava nother"

Peace,
Torkel

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Health and Food issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: