THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
The effects of 'Space'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: The effects of 'Space' Reply with quote

I have a question for Urbanhog. In your cooking practices Did you find any way of being able to predict jsut how stoned you would get on a given serving? For those who want a mild buzz or it would mean eating less, of course. But how much is 'less' and how much is 'more' and how much is 'OMG WHERE DID THAT SPACESHIP COME FROM!'?
Urbanhog

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: There's no actual answer just use your common sense. Reply with quote

Its a not easy question to answer..... but it all comes from my years of experience..... the most best way to start and work out is look at SEVERAL THINGS that you need to ask yourself first in advance before you even start: Shocked

Quote:
1st: Look at the weed that are you using.... are you using hash?, buds? buds potent strain? resinous?, leaves? (shade or bud leaves?), or the tips of these small shitty buds that common seen at bottom of the plants due lack of light?, etc etc ..... How long did you simmer the weed in butter? are you using cannabutter? If using cannabutter, what was the cannabutter made with buds or leaves? how long did ya simmer for? or just fresh chopped weed directly in the food/cooking process? Or using fresh hash directly in the food/cooking process...?? Using fresh or old weed? using fresh or dried weed?

why? - because it's all depends on the quailty/potency of the weed you are using can affect the potency rates of your foods... you just need to know more information about the background of the weed that you will be preparing with... might need to use more or less.... its all depends on the weed you are using Wink

If using just cannabutter in some cases it can be easily to "overproof/overdose/increase the potency" way more than expected because some cases you only need little or more, if just using dried buds/leaves its hard to judge in some cases you might need to use more or less.... you just need to know more information only the COOK who is preparing them knows better than what I can give you a better advice because I am not there helping you in your kitchen Wink

Quote:
2nd: ... is look at the guests that you want to cook up a storm for them..... are they low or high tolerenced when they smoke weed, meaning are they light or heavy or regular smokers?, have they eaten weed before? look at their bodies... are they skinny? average? large build? overweight? (this can affect the length to take to feel the effects, as everyone's bodies is different just our own personal DNA) they eat weed often?

why? - people have funny weird body systems... often I have guests.. where I only ate one peice of muffin and I was completed ripped and they weren't even stoned, just a slight buzz.. because of their body sizes...some big people might need to eat bit more or wait bit longer before they could even feel the effects... and if they are heavy smokers and smoked some weed before they eat some "canna-foods" and they might don't even notice much because there's already some THC in their systems...

They wont even realise that they are still actually stoned like 3-4 hours later... they like.. "shit I am stoned but I smoked weed hours ago... oh yeah it's from those cookies... oh yeah.. etc etc " for light smokers... they might get stoned easily and the stoneness is lasting them even longer, etc etc .... so it can be hard in some cases if you tired yourself beforehand and you thought it was mild, but you gave to someone who was skinner and they got even more wasted than you did in the first place, but it's a lot easier if you know your mates's past history or they have similar tolerence/body sizes as you (the cook I mean Razz)

Quote:
3rd:.... are you/the guests going to be smoking few jpints/cones before or after eating "canna-foods"? have they smoked or used weed earlier in the day?

why? - it could help you better to judge the dosage rates if they plan to smoke before or after and specially if they are people with low tolerence. Or if you are trying to help them to work out their "plans" to reach a "certain" level of cannabis stone.

Quote:
4th:... are they "big eaters".. do they love foods? eat a lot? or dont eat much... meaning they eat a bit and "feel full" easily? they got small or large stomaches? They unfit or fit people?

why? - sometimes... "big eaters" just can't simply help themselves, they just love food and will just eat and eat just out of habit, and if they are the big eaters type, maybe make the pot foods "low strength" because they are more likely to have a extra cookie, then extra cookie then other cookie... since if the cookies were in low dose, it wouldn't affect them too badly but if the cookies were in high/potent strength and they eat too many cookies.... it could be a unpleasant experience for some who are not used or haven't experienced massive high doses of "pot foods" because the effects is often a lot stronger and last a lot longer... up to over 5-6 hours easy in some cases...easily up to 2 days.. specially if you had a massive dose of pot foods after dinner or for dinner and you probably will be still feel pretty stoned the next day after you wake up! If they are the people that get full easily... maybe they only want small amounts of high potency canna-foods compared to others who might need twice as much of the dose than what the skinny person normally needs to reach the effects of their personal choice.

Sometime if people are fit... they have better blood circulation and heailther body systems and sometimes it can make the cannabis effects to come up and fade away quicker in some cases.... while for unfit people... maybe their blood circulation system is bit poor and it could take longer to feel the effects.

Quote:
5th:... will they be using other substances/drugs along too? are they on any sort of medication?... will they be drinking few beers/wines/spirits in small doses or large doses along with eating "canna-foods"?, if they are/do... they big/heavy drinkers with high tolerence towards alcohol? do they get intoxicated on alcohol easily or not?

why? - .... eating cannabis and drinking alcohol can be a pleasant experience for some, but for some people it can be a very very unpleasant experience.. it can make you more dehyrated faster than just alcohol alone... and alcohol can speed up the THC effects faster specially if you are drinking and eating on empty stomach...

you know when you drink on empty stomach, you feel tipsy quicker? well as the THC goes and is easily absorbed by alcohol and the alcohol and THC mix very well in the blood/body system and it could go directly go faster to our brains and liver and the effects will be noticabely stronger than without mixing with alcohol even you are the same dose when you ate without alcohol... alcohol INCREASE the THC effects but not everyone enjoys the alcohol/cannabis mix.

Some other drugs and substances can increase or decrease the drug effects.. for example.."speed" or meth/amphetamines can actually "overlap" the THC's actual effects so some case you are just wasting your time sometimes maybe not.... the human brain is a strange powerful organ and still not fully understood, and everyone reacts differently when mixing cannabis/canna-foods with other medications/substances.

Even people on anti-depressants medication have reported stronger effects while on medication, while others may simply get more depressed and don't enjoy the cannabis's magical effects at all. So the doseage rates is very hard to judge for people who are on medication, or mixing with other drugs/substances.

Quote:
6th... what kind of "food" you have in mind? they fussy eaters... on special diet, got any allergics? got heart problems? they chemically senstive? they only eat vegetables/fruits? they refuse to eat dairy/egg/meat products? food snobs? low/medium/high fatty foods? using "healthy fats or unhealthy fats"? you using high fibre or low fibre foods?

why? - if you want to impress them for the THC effects, or the food? or the both or foods without the canna-aftertaste? Do they just want to enjoy the THC effects mainly or both? Its even better to see them so pleased and enjoyed the eating experience. Believe me I know Wink

If they are on special diet? you might need to change some foods that could be low fat which you could might have to increase the cannabis used or cannot use the cannabutter because of its high fat content. And some fats are made from dairy products or animal fats depending what you are preparing/cooking. Because Cannabis's main psychoactive chemical, Tetrahydrocannabinol, or delta 9 THC, commonly known as just "THC" is often easily soluble in oil/fat bases, so meaning people with heart problems are often on low fat diet, so you might have to try make extra potent canna-butter so you use less canna-butter which might contant less fats than using a standard doses of canna-butter.

High/low fibre foods can affect the length of time to feel the THC effects because the high fibre foods like beans, bread, etc etc take a while to work and dissolve in your stomach so it will take extra time to reach your liver and get the THC's start working.

For the chemical senstive... is the weed homegrown or commerically grown, that you don't know the weed's growing history? There's so much chemicals in commerical crops and some people could get chemical allergic reaction if it was consumed orally. It pretty important this part especially for people who are seriouslly ill and they immune system is weak.

More details can be found at my FAQ at the Cannabis cooking forum index Wink

Quote:
7th:...they recreation or medicial users? they just want to get completely wasted or just get wasted for the "sake of weed".... just want to eat for "social reasons" or "medicial reasons for their condition"? they want to ease the pains but not get too "stoned"?, they want to eat weed while still be able to be bit socialable while chatting to others? or just want to nod off and pass out in "semi-coma"?

why? - I think only you can answer that... ask the "guests" you are cooking weed for. Each person has their own preferences, so you work out from there. Wink

Quote:
8th: .... what you "plan" to make... for breakfast? morning tea? lunch? afternoon tea? dinner? desserts? snacks? you want to make a "lunch/dinner" party? what to have pot in every single course from starters to main course to desserts without they passing out halfway the main course or dessert? Or just "want" some snacks for munchies?

why? - because this could be the ANSWER you are looking for.... its all about practise and experience.... its easier to have alll foods in LOW DOSAGES if they are the type that enjoy "eating foods" so they can work out the dosages that suits them Wink

The answer I really can give you is use your COMMON SENSE and judgement... only you can work out because I dont know the people, only you.... are they medicial users just want small amounts of foods with high THC content or low THC content?

Well.... even I have been cooking with cannabis for nearly 9 years... I still don't know the actual answer.... everyone is different and have different tolerence levels... you just have to ask the people the questions yourself and do bit of digging on their history.... the best and safest way for people who just want low buzz is cook with small amounts or weed/hash/cannabutter.... people who just want to get completed wasted... cook and find receipes that use high cannabutter content like mudcakes, etc etc

If I ever open a cannabis foods cafe... I will have a menu with wide range of foods with high THC content foods and low THC content foods and split into low and high fat groups for people who want to get the effects faster or slower if they want to enjoy the meal all the way their "dining experience" without passing out halfway face down onn their dinner plates hehe....

Hope I have given you bit of points and directions towards to your question... Wink

Sorry for the long post... I was trying to explain in the WHOLE picture from many different point of views.....

Cheers.... Urbanhog Cool
Dragon

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Urbanhog! Very informative and interesting. You brought up some points I never gave thought to. I hope that with practise I can become almost as knowlegable as you in cannabis cookery. You are well versed in this art.
Urbanhog

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing no worries Dragon Wink

I am very happy to help you, and it will be great to see more people to gain more skills, experience and knowledge in cannabis cookery... this reply took me almost half a night to reply while chatting to few people on MSN, while going thru a bottle of red wine, one canna-muffin, and cooking my dinner which I made some Creamy Garlic and Basil Chicken with Mushrooms on Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Gnocchi while replying your question! Shocked

Any more questions.. feel free to ask!

Urbanhog Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Talk about yum! M MMM Good! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: