THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
The DNA of hemp and Cannabis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Medical Cannabis, science and law.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: The DNA of hemp and Cannabis Reply with quote

Hello Brooks Kelly, PhD.,

Aloha, my old friend. Have you seen this? What do you have to say about this ... and more? Where are you? I miss you!

I hope and trust you are well and happy and living peacefully in an old-growth hempfield, doing research to your heart's content and eating the fresh seed at harvest time. Mahalo for your brilliance and your passion for hemp.

All the very best to you and yours,

Roger

###

DNA separates hemp from marijuana plants

MINNEAPOLIS, March 22 (UPI) -- Two University of Minnesota scientists have become the first to unequivocally separate hemp plants from marijuana plants by using genetic markers.

Hemp, a crop grown for fiber and seed, and marijuana, the most popular illegal drug in the United States, both belong to the species Cannabis sativa. They differ in levels of the psychoactive drug tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, but are otherwise difficult to tell apart.

The study's authors -- George Weiblen, a Minnesota professor of plant biology, and Shannon Datwyler a postdoctoral associate who is on the faculty of California State University-Sacramento -- say the new DNA "fingerprinting" technique holds promise for distinguishing different domesticated plant lines in U.S. criminal cases. It may also prove useful in nations where the cultivation of hemp is permitted, but marijuana is illegal, as in Canada and Europe.

The study appears in the March issue of the Journal of Forensic Science.

###
Rev.DeGray2
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this post brother Roger.

After reading this and also reading the hearing from the senate from the tax act from the emporor. I think this has a bit of confusion as depending on how you really look at it they are both the same, (female hemp and male hemp-being diocous) same species with many different forms that contribute to health and longevity along with greater knowledge/wisdom and much much more as we know it along with the unknown as we can still learn much more as time goes forward here on earth.

I think it can be used to confuse many and/or even to portray this sacred tree of life as something opposite of reverence or something of the sort.

What do you and everyone think?

Mabey i could use more on that put in here or something?

Sincerely Rev. DeGray 2
King Green

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its the politics of consciousness.

In my mind its one species with variation within the species.Like people may have different blood phenotypes A,B AB and O also a postive or negative for Rhesus factor, found in rhesus monkeys..I have A+ but I am not a seperate species from people who have A-.

The difference between cannabis that produces CBD as its main cannabinoid ( hemp ) and cannabis that produces THC as its main cannabinois is only 1 gene locus. The B locus, alleles designated BD make CBD while BT alleles make THC.

"Field Corn and Sweet Corn

For crops less encumbered by polemic than hemp is, functional distinctions among varieties are commonly recognized. Consider the case of field corn and sweet corn.

The untrained observer cannot tell the different varieties apart just by looking, Both belong to the genus Zea mays.

But if a grocer attempted a substitution, he would hear complaints. Your average consumer will recognize the difference.

And when sweet corn is planted too near field corn, the resulting cross-pollination reduces the sweetness of the former. Companies like Green Giant that grow huge acreages of sweet corn for canning go to great lengths to ensure that an adequate distance separates their fields from corn destined for the grain elevator, or they grow the different varieties at different times. Either way, pollen carrying the dominant gene for starch synthesis is kept clear of cornsilks borne on plants of the recessive (sweet) variety. "

Hemp and Marijuana

Myths & Realities
http://www.naihc.org/hemp_information/content/hemp.mj.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Medical Cannabis, science and law. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: