THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
The Day My Ministry Began

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donHeraldo
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: The Day My Ministry Began Reply with quote

My Awakening came as a profound surprise, and by changing my understanding of myself and of the world, a great blessing as well. Here's how it happened:

After several severe disappointments with organized religion as a child, I had become a follower of Ayn Rand, and a confirmed atheist. The reality concepts I was working with led me to believe that God, by all ofthe common definitions I was then familiar with, could not possible exist in a physical universe such as I perceived.

After a brilliant sucess in the investment world, I cashed out and bought a large ranch in southern Oregon. I set it up as a non-profit group retreat, but at that time (mid-1970's) I knew nothing about intentional communities. I settled in with my second wife and moved my remaining publishing offices to the ranch. Most of my employees agreed to relocate to Oregon and soon joined us there. I then invited others - relatives and friends - and several more people joined us.

Eventually we had 21 members in our group. I didn't forsee it at the outset, but the group proved to be very therapeutic and helped me to come out of my shell and begin relating better to others. As this process unfolded, we began to receive more and more visitors.

One now-memorable day, two men drove up the road to meet us, and to see what we were doing. After we had walked the property with them, they joined us in the Lodge. We invited then to participate in our Holy Sacrament, which they did, and then we started getting to know each other.

As we talked, one of the men began acting strangely, and then suddenly suffered a panic attack. By his appearance, I thought perhaps he feared we might be cannibals intent on killing and eating him. I had never seen such a mental break before. As I looked at him, he seemed to me to be very ugly and frightening. I felt like shrinking away and had no desire even to touch him.

Then came a crucial turning point: I refused to retreat, shook off my anxiety and repulsion, and went over to him to help. At the same moment my wife also got up, and together we got him to his feet, suggesting that we all go outside for awhile. It was a beautiful May day, and the grass and trees and flowers were all at their peak. I was confident that such an environment would calm and reassure him.

Then, as we moved toward the door, he began to resist. His expression was one of abject terror. He pleaded with us desperately, "Please, don't open that door." When I looked at the door, for a moment I actually felt his fear and panic: I didn't want to open it either! Then I shook off the fear - reasserting my own vision - and guided him outside. After a few minutes outside, he regained his composure and the two men soon drove back down the road.

As the dust settled and the quiet returned, we all went back inside and began to share our experiences and how we had felt about them. As I listened to my companions, I suddenly experienced an unusual calmness within myself, and an unusual stillness of mind. I looked around to see what was going on, and I was struck by the great beauty of our place and of our group. Then I "heard" (knowing somehow that it was taking place within me) a rich, complex and rising musical flow, like the voices of many, singing and rejoicing, "He's awake! He's awake!

In that instant I absolutely knew - deeply, irrevocably and without any possibility of doubt - that I was safe, blessed, and loved. I had never been lost, alone or abandoned (as I had always believed) and never would be. And as I looked around at my companions, I knew that my blessing was equally spread upon them too, and indeed upon on all of humanity.

I was dumbstruck. I got up and went to the window. As I looked out at the sunlit sky, over the fields and forest, south toward the valley and the city in the distance, I experienced a continuous and flowing stream of visions that overturned and banished, in quick succession, all of my fearful and negative attitudes and beliefs.

I saw that the world of my experience inerringly reflects all of my own beliefs; that I was - always had been and always would be - creating my own reality, my own experience, my own universe. I realized my Oneness with everything and everyone, and felt it deeply for the first time. And I knew that it would not - could not - ever be taken from me. Never.

That transformational ecstatic state lasted for more than two weeks! And it has continued right up to the present to reassert itself whenever I overcome fear-based thinking and feeling, as I did with that anxious visitor back in May, 1976.

After that initial ecstacy, I realized that I had received only a Visitors Pass to Paradise. In order to remain there, I would have to deal with and eliminate each and all of the instances and faces of my fear, as each appeared in my experience, for the rest of my life. But I also had the certain and secure knowledge that there would never be a final failure or loss. That not even death ccould separate me from The One, who is my own deepest Self. So here I am, thirty years later, still walking the walk and talking the talk and performing the Sacred Ceremonies.

I understand that it's a life-long project. But what could be more important, more beautiful, or more satisfying than the Path upon which I find myself? When I first saw what it was and where it led, I chose it. In my heart then and now, that choice is irrevocable.

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. What "We" says, goes.
jwag
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an amazing post! I have gone through the exact same thing but for me it happended in a different fashion a couple of years ago. I still get these periods of clarity whenever I vape and go into prayer. It is like I turned on a faucet and broke the handle off. It just keeps cominig and coming.

There seems to be no end to these things and I continue to create my life based on what I know to be true in my heart. It is amazing to actually realize that we are One and can create anything we want. I am still very new to this and being only 28, have alot to learn. But hearing stories like this still raise the hair on my back and take me back to my enlightenment. The Sacrament allows you to "read between the lines" throughout life. That is why it protested againest so strongly. They are afraid...fear consumes their ego and it builds upon it. Break down your fears, which is the food for ego, and the ego goes away. Living outside of the ego and inside of the Truth feels like I am in Heaven NOW!

"I understand that it's a life-long project. But what could be more important, more beautiful, or more satisfying than the Path upon which I find myself? When I first saw what it was and where it led, I chose it. In my heart then and now, that choice is irrevocable. "

I feel exactly the same way!! How were you able to make this transition and still take care of your family? I am struggling with this currently and would appreciate any insight on how to take the "final plunge", where I dedicate my existance to this awakening, but still can survive. The most important thing we can do for our family is not money related but totally spirtual. Unfortunatly we need money to exist and this is where the road block comes in for me. I know the answer will reveal itself to me soon.

What a beautiful thing that is supposed to be shared with all!

Light and Love your way!
donHeraldo
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Chopping wood and carrying water Reply with quote

Quote:
jwag writes, "How were you able to make this transition and still take care of your family?...Unfortunately we need money to exist and this is where the roadblock comes in for me."

The central truth we experience through enlightenment is the true nature of the choice we face every moment of our lives: Love vs. Fear. Love is the very nature of The One. Fear (and Fear's evil twin, Anger) is the dream/nightmare of the ego. This is a choice that we cannot evade, and that determines the nature of our experience in this reality.

Love is a state of mind or existence. It is not a "thing" that we give or receive. In every moment of our lives, we are either experiencing some degree of love or of fear, and sometimes both virtually at once. We are either accepting and flowing with existence (love) or recoiling and repelling it (fear). This is the choice we make and remake continuously as our lives unfold. In this matter we each have absolute discretion and power of choice. What we say, goes. The resulting world of our experience is therefore entirely up to us. And the events are themselves affected by our choices.

This is the basis of Karma. In our dealings with each other, we are neither victims nor victimizers. I experience the love or fear that I am choosing, no matter what you are doing. And you are always experiencing the love or fear that you are choosing, no matter what I am doing. When we are both (or all) choosing love, we find ourselves in Paradise together. When we are all choosing fear, we find ourselves in hell--like war or other physical violence, for example.

Most of the time we find ourselves among people who are choosing a variety of shades of love and fear. We like some people and dislike others. We give to some, and withhold from others. We share with those who share our states of mind. All of the great avatars found ways to let go of their addiction to fear and chose instead to live in a loving and fearless state. Their names live on. Such is the great power of their path.

The new paradigm, even now opening among mankind worldwide, is the Path of Love. When it is complete, we will be a new species--homo noophericus, Telepathic Man. We will all consciously share one Mind and the universe will be our New Eden.

That said, here is my response to your question: before enlightenment we were faced with the need to create our personal universe and forge a path in it. After enlightenment we are still faced with the same task. But what is different now is that we have gained the power to wield that power consciously as we choose--we no longer have our noses blindly glued to the ground. From our new perspective we are able to see across the field and pick the path we prefer.

We have no choice about whether or not we will experience change. But we now have the power to direct that change using our power of choice. "What we say, goes." The choice in every moment is Love v. Fear. These are the two paths that always stand before you. What do you choose to create? Does Fear still dominate your considerations? Or have you shouldered Fear aside moment by moment until it has become a servant rather than a Master?

Making a living is like taking a bath, or cooking a meal, or taking a hike. You, as a free and powerful being of light, do it because you choose to do it. And for no other reason. And certainly not because you are afraid (bored, reluctant, avoiding, tired, depressed, angry, etc.).

The "problem" to be solved is to see the truth of your condition in every moment and to irrevocably resolve to choose love instead of fear. You ARE The One. Simply choose to BE the One in every moment.

"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water." Gautama Buddha.

donHeraldo
jwag

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I am in this loving state of mind, the path will unfold in front of me? That seems to be true so far. I know what I want to do in life but it seems like I have no directions on how to get there. I continue to meditate on this and have yet to have that solid answer. I am ready for the answer now. Unfortunately, the Universe doesn't go by my time table. I look forward to my time that I know is just around the corner, for me to unfold my wings and take flight. This spirtual path I have before me is one based solely on Love. I know the key to all of our wishes lies inside each one of us. But without the proper direction, I feel as though I am lost.

I have this knowningness inside of me that I have awakened to. I want to share this with others and teach the Truth. I want to dedicate my life to this. I am just waiting for the path to open up and fill me with new oppertunities. I know we all have this gift and knowing that, I want others to feel the peace I know. I am rambling on here. Anyway, thank you for the kind thoughts. Light and Love!
donHeraldo
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Synchronicity--Driving The Direction Of Change Reply with quote

The creative power of The One rests in consciousness. The Thought is father to the Thing. This means that "as a man thinks in his heart, so is he". And that what we place importance on gains the energy of creation and tends to appear in our reality.

For example: I found myself in need of something to write with when I was out and about. I visualized a very short Sharpy marker that would be perfect. But other than approving of it as perfect, I did nothing else to acquire one at that time. In fact, I had never even seen such a marker. Later that day, I found a two-inch black Sharpie on the floor of a San Francisco Muni bus.

Coincidence? Or syncronicity?

If that was the only time my visualized needs were quickly, effortlessly and mysteriously realized, perhaps I might explain it away as mere coincidence. But the truth is, this happens to me all the time. And many, many other realized persons have reported exactly the same thing. If you google "synchronicity" you will see what I mean.

As conscious expressions of The One we have enormous creative power at our disposal. When we visualize the world that we are drawn to or shrink from, that vision appears in our experience with great power and speed.

And the choice is always the same--love or fear. The things we love and need. And the things we dread and hate. Bringing them into mind and focussing on them adds energy to them and spins them into our actual reality. What we say, goes. Choose well. Be very careful what you pray for.

"In the beginning was The Word. And The Word was with God. And The Word WAS God."
Stokes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome testimony, donHeraldo.

In other words,

Life really is like one big acid trip ... you already have the keys to the car, you just need to remember where you put them.

Wink

Where love is, there God is also.

-Mahatma Gandhi
jwag

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what I was looking for! That was the explanation that rings through my heart and so it is! Thank you for showing me your compassion and love by reminding me of the laws of God.

It is already realized in today's business, how to accomplish seemingly unobtainable goals. We are the ultimate creation that can have anything. How blessed we all our to be able to manifest things with a thought.

The brain cannot tell the difference from what is real and what is a thought. When you close your eyes and visualize, the brain acts as if your eyes are open and seeing it. This is powerful.

By always living in the moment, with no judgement, you allow life to have unlimited possibilities. And with detailed visualization, YOU choose to draw whatever exact possibility to you. So to your body and mind, you are now experiencing what it is that you visualized. The only thing left that knows any difference is your concsciousness or Presence, which is always there, all the time, and is ALL knowing. The best part of this is that Presence will always choose Love. As long as the intent is from Love, you will always be blessed with Presence and the ability to create whatever your heart wants. Incredible! The herb has helped me work through this realization along with your previous passages, Again, thank you for the reminder of what He and I, or WE, already know! Light and Love!
PrayerWarrior

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you step into the 11'th dimension you realize we are all one fabric.
Big bangs are going on around us constantly.
Grab a thread and enjoy the ride. Cool
PW

Check this site out!
Rev. Brett M. Schuler (PrayerWarrior)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: