THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
State Assembly Approves Hemp Farming Bill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rev. Steven Wilson
Shaman
Shaman

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: State Assembly Approves Hemp Farming Bill Reply with quote

Quote:
State Assembly Approves Hemp Farming Bill
Posted by CN Staff on May 10, 2007 at 15:40:44 PT
By Samantha Young, Associated Press Writer
Source: Associated Press

Sacramento, CA -- The state Assembly on Thursday approved legislation that would allow farmers to grow hemp, narrowly overcoming objections that it violates federal drug laws and could put growers behind bars.
The bill by Assemblyman Mark Leno, D-San Francisco, would legalize the cultivation of industrial hemp, a biological relative of marijuana used to make clothing, paper, soap, cosmetics and food.

"This is an agricultural product that will provide jobs to our communities," said Anthony Adams, R-Hesperia, who voted to support the bill, against the majority of his party. "This is an agricultural product we currently use."

U.S. manufacturers currently import processed hemp to use in their products because it is illegal to grow in the United States.

Lawmakers voted 41-29 to pass the legislation. If senators approve it, the bill would need Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's signature. Bill Maile, a spokesman for the governor, said he had not yet taken a position on the measure, although Schwarzenegger vetoed a similar bill last year.

In his 2006 veto message, Schwarzenegger said legalizing hemp farming in California would give farmers a "false sense of security" because the practice is against federal law.

Under current national drug control policy, industrial hemp can be imported, but it can't be grown in the United States except with permits from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, which are difficult to get.

Some object to growing hemp because the plant contains tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the same drug that gives marijuana its intoxicating effect. The California bill would require that hemp crops contain less than three-tenths of 1 percent of THC, significantly lower than the amount commonly found in marijuana.

Critics said legalizing hemp farming would send the wrong message to anti-drug efforts and complicate law enforcement efforts because marijuana plants could be hidden in hemp fields.

"At the end of the day, the cultivation of this crop in California will still be a federal crime," said Assemblyman Greg Aghazarian, R-Stockton. "I don't want to put a farmer in my district, or your district, in jeopardy."

Supporters said the state has legal standing to enact its own law after the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in 2004 ruled that the DEA did not have authority to regulate hemp.

The bill positions California among at least 10 other states seeking to legalize hemp farming in what supporters say has become a $300 million-a-year import business, mostly from Canada and Europe.

Once a man sees his immortality, there is no turning back. He is on the Quest of Knowledge whether he knows it or wants it. He can fight against it and live a turbulent life. Or follow it and find inner peace.

Peace and flowers
Rev. Steven Wilson
(Shaman Quester)
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schwartzenager is a slave to the federalies. How that meathead got to be a governor is beyond me completely. Have the states simply given up all of their individual rights to the feds? I don't think so. Maybe Cali should do like Wyoming's sheriff did and tell the feds to leave the state.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Nachtschattenreich

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the article -

Quote:
... because marijuana plants could be hidden in hemp fields.

Isn´t it exactly the other way round?

Where there´s a lot THC-poor hemp around, THC-rich hemp can only be cultivated in strict segregation, due to the risk of pollination spoiling the seeds?
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct, Sir!

Hemp pollen will sully any nearby cannibis grade crop...and "nearby" can mean miles.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

Nachtschattenreich wrote:
From the article -

Quote:

Where there´s a lot THC-poor hemp around, THC-rich hemp can only be cultivated in strict segregation, due to the risk of pollination spoiling the seeds?

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
prntrkmt

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nachtschattenreich wrote:
From the article -

Quote:

The problem of cross-pollenation is the reason that I have been advocating using the power of the continental divide to keep the seeds and pollen separate.

West of the Rockies, plant only medicinal and religious cannabis. East of the Rockies, plant only industrial and commercial hemp.
Spin~ello

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha every1

Mystic Power
Quote:
Hemp pollen will sully any nearby cannibis grade crop...and "nearby" can mean miles.

It works both ways(if they flower @ the same time)
The toking grade cannabis I would imagine would do the same back to the hemp(if they flowered @ the same time.)
I do know from actual experience I have grown plants outdoors in growbags & moved the males downwind & to a lower elevation (less then 100 ft away with a visible windbreak of foliage.).It was in a mountain situation with a reliable wind pattern ,not an open field one.I had no seeding occur(maybe I was lucky) ,except where I hand pollinated & used twist ties to mark the selected pollinated buds.I am simply showing that the pollen does not always travel the full radius it is capable of.

I would imagine if hemp is growing nearby one choose(or create) a variety of toking grade cannabis that flowered a few weeks after the hemp was done flowering.That is the cool thing about cannabis it has IMO the most adaptable & workable genetics of any plant I know of.Therefore one could breed a toking cannabis so it does not coincide with local hemp(***when hemp becomes a reality on a large scale.***)

prntrkmt
Quote:
The problem of cross-pollenation is the reason that I have been advocating using the power of the continental divide to keep the seeds and pollen separate.

You have been "advocating" to whom.lol
You make it sound like you are some kind of representative with power.lol

Quote:
West of the Rockies, plant only medicinal and religious cannabis. East of the Rockies, plant only industrial and commercial hemp.

Sounds 2 me like your statement is made 4 your "personal benefit" & it seem to me to be self serving ,as you live on the west coast.I do not "advocate" lol anything because it is not currently a situation in America I or you deal with(it could be in small areas of Canada) & like to not cause separation except as an last resort option.When I look at it objectively from many sides.I see that if hemp became a big crop like Jack Herer paints a picture of ,west of the rockies being the "breadbasket lands" of the mid~west would be the place.Therefore in you scenario you would live in the hemp~zone.lol
I still would prefer my flowering time scenario of breeding around the possible situation of cross breeding problems.

I am glad you are not my advocate on any subject & in reality are "one" with any clout as far as I am concerned.
advocate:
1340, "one whose profession is to plead cases in a court of justice," a technical term from Roman law, from O.Fr. avocat, from L. advocatus, orig. pp. of advocare "to call" (as witness or advisor)
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=advocate

I bid(offer)U all peace

Check out my Hemperor & Hawaii themes for Firefox.

Pay heed,I plead,Plant the seed ,. 4 we all
need, the reed weed seed
to be freed, from greed and creeds!

I bid(offer)U peace
prntrkmt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin~ello wrote:

prntrkmt
Quote:

You have been "advocating" to whom.lol
You make it sound like you are some kind of representative with power.lol

Quote:

Sounds 2 me like your statement is made 4 your "personal benefit" & it seem to me to be self serving ,as you live on the west coast.I do not "advocate" lol anything because it is not currently a situation in America I or you deal with(it could be in small areas of Canada) & like to not cause separation except as an last resort option.When I look at it objectively from many sides.I see that if hemp became a big crop like Jack Herer paints a picture of ,west of the rockies being the "breadbasket lands" of the mid~west would be the place.Therefore in you scenario you would live in the hemp~zone.lol
I still would prefer my flowering time scenario of breeding around the possible situation of cross breeding problems.

I am glad you are not my advocate on any subject & in reality are "one" with any clout as far as I am concerned.
advocate:
1340, "one whose profession is to plead cases in a court of justice," a technical term from Roman law, from O.Fr. avocat, from L. advocatus, orig. pp. of advocare "to call" (as witness or advisor)
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=advocate

I bid(offer)U all peace

I have no authority. Sorry if there ws any confusion.

I did not claim to be a lawyer. I said that I advocated a particular position (which I previously outlined and you quoted). Advocacy is NOT limited to lawyers in the U.S. The U.S. Surpeme Court has repeatedly upheld the right for ANY person to advocate ANY belief or position at all (with the exception of advocating the violent overthrow of the U.S. government).

My suggestion is based on the fact that the Continental Divide is the only natural barrier in the U.S. big enough to prevent cross-pollenation of medicinal/spritual cannabis and industrial/nutritional/cloth/etc hemp.

Because there are far more uses that involve hemp than uses that involve medical/spiritual, and because the Continental Divide is uneven in its lcoation, it makes sense to me to give the larger area (the eastern) to the more numerous need.

You also share the same freedom to advocate any belief you so desire, including belittling my beliefs.

I support your right to disagree with me.
Spin~ello

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha every1

prntrkmt
I know you have no authority & was not ever confused as to if you were one or had any.
I do know the way you often present yourself is as you were an authority.
I do find a few tidbits of cool stuff in your posts but 4 the most part find you to prey on those that seem to take you @ your word without questioning it or are too naive or busy to ask 4 or to check & research the things you often present as if they were fact & are in reality often an opinion or a biased view.

Quote:
Advocacy is NOT limited to lawyers in the U.S. The U.S. Surpeme Court has repeatedly upheld the right for ANY person to advocate ANY belief or position at all (with the exception of advocating the violent overthrow of the U.S. government).

I did not ever claim you were a lawyer.
I place the etymology definition to show you the roots of the word advocate.
I did this because to use that word IMO the way you did IMO makes you come across as if you are a mouthpiece for more than your self.
I did not ever say it was not an opinion or deny that you have the right to express one or that word.I simply pointed out what I deciphered.

Quote:
My suggestion is based on the fact that the Continental Divide is the only natural barrier in the U.S. big enough to prevent cross-pollenation of medicinal/spritual cannabis and industrial/nutritional/cloth/etc hemp.

Because there are far more uses that involve hemp than uses that involve medical/spiritual, and because the Continental Divide is uneven in its lcoation, it makes sense to me to give the larger area (the eastern) to the more numerous need.

I start by saying that in a scenario like the one of hemp on one side of the rockies & toking type on the other side I would prefer a breed around the situation by timing flowers to appear before or after each other by selective breeding.I think separation would be a last ditch effort in such a scenario.

When I stated:
Quote:
I see that if hemp became a big crop like Jack Herer paints a picture of ,west of the rockies being the "breadbasket lands" of the mid~west would be the place.

***I was wrong & incorrect*** the breadbasket is east of the rockies & apologize 4 stating that your "opinion" on the subject was self serving.

I would like you to do me the same courtesy & answer my post here:
http://www.thc-ministry.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8462&start=15
The one Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:41 pm
From what I gathered you need to fess up to your involvement with prntrkmt.org. & explain the lack of me being able to verify non profit status about prntrkmt.org.If you deny or try to act as if your mistake in playing a confidence game is a honest mistake as was mine here about the breadbasket or deny involvement I might just take you up on your offer to call Mrs.Boxer as you requested.I have much much much more info on your activities BTW.

I bid(offer)U all peace

Check out my Hemperor & Hawaii themes for Firefox.

Pay heed,I plead,Plant the seed ,. 4 we all
need, the reed weed seed
to be freed, from greed and creeds!

I bid(offer)U peace
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: