THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Spiritual Interpretations of a Bad Trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuddhaBubba
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Spiritual Interpretations of a Bad Trip Reply with quote

Other than convincing yourself that there is no such thing as a "bad trip" I was wondering what people think about what god or the higher power is trying to tell us when we experience ill effects from kannebes (sic)?

For me, I can't understand why god would want me to feel depressed when I take the sacrament sometimes. I wonder, how important is ritual when one takes the sacrament kannebes.

Thanks all.

Shalom
Lilli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God doesnt want you to feel depressed. Thats not what hes about friend. He wants you to have the fruits of the spirit and depression just isnt one
of them
The most famous passage about the 'fruit of the Spirit' is in Galatians 5:22, where Paul gives us a list of fruit. The list is meant as a contrast to the list of the deeds of the flesh' found in 5:19-20. The fruit list is clearly not intended as an exhaustive description of the fruit, but was given to highlight the fruit that Paul wants the Galatian church to keep in mind. He lists the following fruit:

love;
joy;
peace;
patience;
kindness;
goodness;
faithfulness;
gentleness;
self-control.
When Paul follows the list of the fruit of the Spirit by saying that "against such things there is no law", he was talking about the fact that the societal authorities find it pretty hard to object to behavior that shows these characteristics. Even a staunch enemy of the church will likely find these qualities appealing. They are known to be positive characteristics by the general public, in most eras, in most lands.

'Gentleness' is an interesting one. It has a tie-in to Jesus, too, for didn't he speak of the meek inheriting the earth? The gift of 'gentleness' isn't about being wishy-washy, indecisive, unassertive, or just plain wimpy. It is connected instead to a refusal to use power over anyone, an unwillingness to cut and slash at people, wounding them for vengeance, spite or control. It's about being out to build people up instead of harming them or scaring them. There are gentle ways to be bold, non-violent ways to stand up for what is right, non-manipulative ways to lead and to convince. But it is not in the human nature to be that way. It goes beyond 'instinct', or 'education', or 'society's influence'; we are simply not gentle creatures. Certainly not males, despite the term 'gentleman'. Women have historically been more gentle, but that is a relative matter; they have their own ways of being vicious and destructive. No. If we are to be truly gentle, we need God to give us the ability to be gentle when it counts.

OTHER PASSAGES WHICH BEAR 'FRUIT'
Notice that the Galatians list is made of stuff that is both something you are and something you do. It is the Spirit giving you the character of Christ. There are other such lists in the Epistles, and they are also relevant to any talk about the 'fruit of the Spirit'.

In 1 Cor 13, in the midst of Paul's description of the gifts of the Spirit, there is a section on love. While not directly about 'fruit', it is about what springs from love, and it is in much the same vein. According to verses 3-8, love:

suffers long;
is kind;
does not envy;
does not parade itself;
does not get 'puffed up';
does not behave rudely;
is not provoked;
does not think evilly, nor rejoice in sin;
rejoices in the truth;
bears all things;
believes all things;
hopes all things;
endures all things.
In Phillipians 4:8, Paul advises us to think on things that are:

true;
noble;
just;
pure;
lovely;
of good report;
of any virtue;
worthy of praise.
In Colossians 3:12-16, the church members are told to put on (wear) these things:

tender mercies;
kindness;
humility;
meekness;
patience.
Then, they are further instructed to:

bear with one another;
forgive one another;
love;
let the peace of God rule their hearts;
be thankful;
have the Word live in them;
teach and admonish one another;
sing with grace in their hearts.
This is all to be done in the name of Jesus, to further the purpose He came for.

These matters of character are the stuff that gives life-ness to life. It is something you are, not just something you do.

In Jeremiah (6:19), God speaks of the disaster which is about to come, and speaks of it as "the fruit of their plans" -- that which comes from evil scheming. So bad character also comes to fruition.

Best wishes your friend Lilli
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"

Last edited by Lilli on Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "bad trips" are just the teacher-plant's way of showing us areas within ourselves that need a little work or fine-tuning.

Joy is an inside job.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben
Echo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mystic Power. It's a way the herb tells you something is not quite right. The journey to discover what is not right is yours.
'You, your joys and your sorrows, your memories and your ambitions, your sense of personal identity and free will, are in fact no more than the behaviour of a vast assembly of nerve cells and their associated molecules,' Francis Crick (1916~2004)

Kent THC Ministry
Fyrefly1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bad trip is usually about timing....if we are serious about our experiences with Cannabis we will then prioritize our journeys with it. Just 'having fun' may not be enough...it just might be a waste of a good opportunity.

Cannabis is a wonderful 'teacher-plant' because of its being a "window herb".

By window herb, I mean that it naturally shows us who we are as tho we are looking at ourselves through an open window.

If we are willing to believe in love and honestly see ourselves as we really are, then it can teach us the deep truths.....it shows us the access point we need to find in order to be close to the creator, the same One that created the herb also created you in order to find the window and thus find God...

But isn't that who we are...?

But, we all know that God is eternally with us (and we with Him/Her/It)without the herb, right?

By being a window herb all reality then becomes accessible and truths can naturally flow in and through us as easily as the air we breathe...
The window simultaneously morphs between window and mirror so we get both views.

Once our eyes are opened we will see the 'doorway' and thus walk right through.....

This is the experience of Cannabis that I'm looking for.... Smile
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a bad trip, only good ones. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oldmanmozz
Honourable member
Honourable member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferre wrote:

me too Smile

cheers an cones Mozz Cool
Lilli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferre wrote:

The only bad trip I ever had was at age 15 and I took 2 hits a blotter acid
and then while peaking got on a rollercoaster at an amusement park. I wouldnt recommend that to ANYONE.
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: