THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Singapore: Hanged for 2.7kg of cannabis!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Singapore: Hanged for 2.7kg of cannabis! Reply with quote

Quote:
Singapore:

DRUG TRAFFICKER HANGED ON FRIDAY

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/singapore/story/0,4386,262337,00.html

A CONVICTED drug trafficker, who had stored 2.7kg of cannabis in a Teban Gardens flat, was hanged in Changi Prison on Friday.

Raman Selvam Renganathan, 39, was sentenced to death on Sept 1 last year after an eight-day trial. In February last year, narcotics officers had arrested him at his home at Block 24, Teban Gardens Road.

Less than an hour earlier, another man, Dhanabalan A. Gopalkrishnan, 33, had also been nabbed nearby. Officers then raided another flat at Block 52 and found the drugs and items including scales, masking tape and a chopping board.

Dhanabalan, who was sentenced to a 20-year jail term and 24 strokes of the cane, fingered Raman Selvam as the mastermind.

Signapore is HIGHLY SUPPORTED BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION to do this kind of thing btw.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sibannac
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is absolutely ridiculous you cant hang someone for cannabis what is happening in this world.
I for one will enquire on every bit of packaging on goods and boycot singapore's goods.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Lilli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all should do that bro. Good call.
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
DiracFeynman
getting into high spirits
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It angers and saddens me that this happens. The man had a plant grown on this earth with him and he loses his life...
RogerChristie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Aloha to him ... Reply with quote

Dear Ferre and friends,

Aloha to brother Raman and to those he left behind. May his spirit be free! May he be the last 'death penalty' on Earth for cannabis.

I have an idea. If we had known about this earlier we could have written to the court and newspapers in Singapore to ask for clemency or amnesty for the dear brother. It's too late to serve brother Raman in this way, but may we be motivated to serve so that this NEVER happens to anyone else.

Please, may all of us be extra vigilant and observant to world cannabis news from this moment on. Any word or notice of such an extreme penalty for cannabis will be met by the THC Ministry doing a media action from our headquarters here in Hawai'i and from our headquarters in Amsterdam. I know that together we can generate the will to transform the minds of those who would harm another for such a non-crime as has been done to brother Raman.

May his soul be blessed and serve as a reminder to those who his spirit has touched. May he be the last 'death penalty' EVER for cannabis on this Earth. And so it is... Amen.
Lilli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Jesus name amen and Hallelujah
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Romadon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a hard time understanding how any people can be so blind or heartless. It's really hard for me to keep from wanting to invoke vengeance on such seemingly willful ignorance that so many people seem to revel in. I know the Lord said vengeance is mine, I will repay, and any vengeance I attempt to invoke always ultimately returns upon my own head but it is so hard when it is your friends or family who are being attacked. The only way I really know how to deal with such things is convince myself that my enemies are my friends or loved ones also and that I love them as much as the ones they are abusing. But such feats seem to require a much greater imagination than I seem to possess most of the time. I guess it's something I just can't do on my own or without the help of something or someone far greater than I. I guess it's a good thing my name isn't Elijah.

Ferre wrote:
Signapore is HIGHLY SUPPORTED BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION to do this kind of thing btw.

Well now that's just dandy. So I gotta love the Asshole and his Suckass Administration anyway. God help me.
Smoke and Mirrors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: The law is screwed up Reply with quote

That is just the most horrible thing. The world works in such a backwards way!! In allegedly civilised countries, people are punished more harshly for growing or possessing drugs (even ones that grow. NATURALLY!!) than for violent crimes. Like a group of people hospitalising someone (someONE!) and causing them physical injuries that will never get better (and mental damage that will never get better either) getting off with a caution cause 'they had a bit too much to drink' (seriously)...and then there are the people who get a permanent record for getting caught with a crop. A crop of PLANTS! That disturbs me so much. I guess they justify doing people for 'intention to deal' or whatever if they have large amounts. Why? Cause they must be going to SELL it and make money. They couldn't just want to enjoy it, share it with friends, have some to keep...have a good peaceful enlightened time. Reefer madness, anyone?

(that bit about the beating the crap outta someone and getting off with a caution...it's true. i'm the person with the permanent damage. but hey...alcohol was involved and alcohol, as we ALL know, is the universal excuse for ridiculous behaviour. but at least i know they had a good reason. oh no, i forgot. they didn't. they were just drunk and i was just there.)

Ok, getting off my soapbox now Very Happy

Rock,
Kitty xxx

Ps. On the upside, I can confirm that cannabis KICKS ASS as a treatment for seriously crippling back pain, not to mention reducing the stress involved with panic attacks, flashbacks and agoraphobia. And it helps with the insomnia too. And migraines. Here I am...study me Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: