THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Scotland’s first legal witch wedding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> General news topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Scotland’s first legal witch wedding Reply with quote

This is good news for religious freedom. Very Happy

Quote:
A nice day for a witch wedding

SAM HALSTEAD AND GARETH EDWARDS

A COUPLE are set to tie the knot in Scotland’s first legal witch wedding.

Canadians Paul Cameron Rickards, 37, and Laurie Schedler, 42, are to take part in the landmark ceremony in a vault beneath Edinburgh’s Old Town later this month.

Followers of white witchcraft, also known as Wicca, have hailed the ceremony as a major breakthrough for their faith which is set to trigger dozens of other similar requests from couples.

But while the wedding has been welcomed by the General Register Office for Scotland, senior churchmen have expressed concern.

The couple will both jump over a broomstick and have their hands bound together with a red cord during the 30-minute ceremony at the Temple of the Source Coven of the Blue Dragon in Niddry Street on September 21.

George Cameron, known as The Hermit, a Wicca witch and grand master of the Source Coven who will conduct the ceremony, said: "This is the most important event since the repeal of the Witchcraft Act in 1951.

"I am delighted because I have been trying to make this happen for many years. It is the biggest thing to hit pagan witchcraft for years.

"This is very significant as the ceremony is classed as a religious ceremony, which gives credence to the craft and recognises it as a religious faith."

Mr Cameron, 53, said the ceremony - which will take place in a nine-foot circle lined with flowers - would be a blend of the traditional hand-fastening ceremony and a conventional wedding.

At the end of the ceremony, a high priestess will pick up the broomstick and ritually sweep the circle clear of all evil influences. The cake will then be cut with a ritual sword.

The only tell-tale sign of most Wicca followers is the pentagram jewellery they wear, which is often hidden beneath their clothes. They practise spells, foresight, exorcisms and pranic healing - using power channelled through the hands. Wicca followers believe the white magic they practise can be a powerful force for good.

More:
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1089832004

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
indicaspice
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the big deal?

NO Deep integration!

What worries you masters you.

Haddon W. Robinson
Smoke and Mirrors

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a rather beautiful ceremony ( my own involved a registry office, a cigarette on the steps afterwards and then a trip to a tattooist...people have asked if I wished I'd had a 'proper' wedding). I can't believe people get freaked out of anything that doesn't fit perfectly with their neat little traditions. If everyone would/could celebrate their beliefs and ceremonies openly, the world would me a considerably more beautiful, colourful place.

Kitty xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> General news topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: