THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Sativex® Relieves Spasms And Stiffness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Medical Cannabis, science and law.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Sativex® Relieves Spasms And Stiffness Reply with quote

Cannabis Based Medicine (Sativex®) Relieves Spasms And Stiffness In People With Multiple Sclerosis

Quote:
Today, a leading neurology journal - European Journal of Neurology (EJN) reports a study1 which shows that Sativex, a cannabis based medicine, significantly reduces intractable spasms and stiffness (spasticity) in people with Multiple Sclerosis (MS).

Spasticity is one of the most common symptoms of MS, occurring in up to 84% of patients1. Spasticity can severely impact quality of life and is one of the most difficult symptoms of MS to treat1.

The study, a randomised, double-blind trial, led by Professor Christine Collin from the Royal Berkshire and Battle NHS Trust, Reading, UK, saw Sativex or placebo added to existing anti-spasticity medication. Sativex demonstrated significant superiority to placebo in reducing spasticity (p<0.05). Further, the addition of Sativex produced a more than 30% improvement in spasticity in 40% of the people treated1.

Fern Andrews, a person with MS who has participated in clinical trials with Sativex, commented: "Spasticity can make the simple daily activities that most people take for granted, seem daunting. Just dressing and moving around the home can be difficult and I often have to rely on a carer for support. With Sativex, I'm able to choose how much I take depending on how bad my symptoms are - which is a real benefit".

Read more...

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Rev. Jack
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh Hu Rolling Eyes them> smash <us
Soon we will have hundreds of studys like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Medical Cannabis, science and law. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: