THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Sacred Gardens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Sacred Gardens Reply with quote

I really want to talk about sacred gardens, because a sacred garden is a lot easier to defend in court than a "grow operation". Unfortunately, my best words on the subject are tied up in a magazine article that is still under consideration, so I can't go into a lot of detail until either the article is rejected or printed.

I do want to point out that there were four essential components for an official ancient Egyptian temple garden:

(1) A sacred mound, a pyramid, or a temple. This represented the emergence of land from water in most of the creation myths (the ancient Egyptians had more than a hundred creation myths -- far more than the two of the Jews, Christians, or Muslims).

(2) A sacred pool or stream. The water represented the Nile.

(3) A sacred grove. This is the very heart of the temple garden (the very reason it exists). Outdoor temple gardens always had trees. Trees represented the Tree of Life and the Goddess. The most common Tree of Life was the sycamore.

(4) A protective wall. This was usually stone for large temple complexes, but could be a wide variety of other materials. And small sacred gardens often used hawthorne as the protective wall. This symbollically separated the sacred or holy space from the more mundane or secular surrounding areas.

Adding sacred symbols and artwork also helps clearly indicate that the garden is sacred in nature.

I hope that bit of information helps.
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great if you're following egyptian texts/beliefs. What happens to those who are just following their soul?

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Adam wrote:
That's great if you're following egyptian texts/beliefs. What happens to those who are just following their soul?

I personally love a garden with a serene atmosphere and streaming water has a very peaceful effect, I've always made my gardens an oasis of peace and tranquility, with streaming water, and I think that's indeed good for the soul, at least for me it is.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
prntrkmt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Adam wrote:

The Egyptian idea of sacred garden spread to many other religions, eventually influecing even religions as far away as China.

The famous Babylonian Hanging Gardens, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, was a reinterpretation of this idea in the context of the Sumerian/babylonian religion.

Many European "pagan" religions copied the idea of a Goddess Garden.

This idea translates into most of the world's religions, with huge numbers of examples from most of the world's religions.

I mention the version of Am Khent Kemeticism (from ancient Egypt in the vicinity of BuBastis, the city, garden, and temple dedicated to the worship of cannabis and the cannabis Goddess, Bast) as an example.

You are free to include or exclude any particular ideas in your own version of a Sacred garden. Drawing on an ancient and archaeological established religion may make a court case much easier for your defense lawyer.

There is no need to associate your streaming water with Hapi and the Nile, although doing so would add evidence in a federal prosecution against growing cannabis. You could also associate your streaming water with water Goddesses from numerous different European, African, Asian, or American religions. Adding the symbols of your chosen water Goddess would be additional evidence to support your religious defense.

I might mention that both Christianity and Islam have a long tradition of contemplative gardens. The lack of specific well established symbols makes proving things more difficult in court (they really like unambigious evidence), but doing things like arranging the garden in the shape of the Christian cross with the long direction on an east-west asix would help make it more clear to a judge and jury that your cannabis garden is unambigiously religious in nature.

As Hillel said "If I am not for myself, who will be? If I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?" be true ot your own religious beliefs.
Nachtschattenreich

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A desert culture surely will have a different idea of a garden than an oasis culture.

As to Africas landbridge to the rest of the Old World, this reminds me that recently the lead negotiator of Persia has termed the most influential Egyptian in our world an European.

Quote:
Episode Three: Two years negotiation and suspension of all nuclear activities and the result was a plan in which nothing was clear, and which Mr. Al Bradaie and other Europeans said was an inappropriate plan.

The IAEA headquarters are in Europe but director Mohammed ElBaradei still is an Egyptian, or why was the translator instructed to camouflage the remark from the fulltext search?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: