THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Ron Paul, anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benpadiah
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Ron Paul, anyone? Reply with quote

did anyone see the PBS pre-primary Republican party nominee debate?

okay, well, I didn't see the whole thing either. I've got better things to do.

But afterward, a couple concerned citizens managed to get back to me the video footage of Republican party (actually he's a "Libertarian" posing GOP) presidential nominee Ron Paul.

I should say, it made me a little biased about the 08 pres. race. In favour of Ron Paul!

If you have time today, I would strongly recommend you google "Ron Paul," "PBS debate" and "war on drugs." I think you guys might be as pleasantly surprised as I was to hear what he has to say about this important issue.

Here's a quick quote excerpt as only one small example of what this guy thinks:

"We have already spent over $400 billion since the early 70s and it's wasted money. Prohibition didn't work; prohibition on drugs doesn't work. Blacks make up 14% of those who use drugs, yet 36% of those arrested are blacks and it ends up that 63% of those who finally end up in prison are blacks. This has to change. We don't have to have more courts and more prisons, we have to repeal the whole 'War on Drugs'-- it isn't working. So we need to come to our senses...it's a disease. We don't treat alcoholics like this. This is a disease and we should orient ourselves to this."

Not for nothing, but I do believe addictive controlled substances (mainly cocain and heroin) ARE a "disease," and should be treated with medical alternatives (ensuring free rehab for quitters, free needles for users), and I'm pretty sure rep. Paul didn't mean us cannabis users by that remark, just in case there's any question. Other than that, I agree with his sentiments 110%, and I'm shocked to hear words I actually AGREE with flying out the mouth of a REPUBLICAN CONGRESS PERSON!!

WOW. I'm excited. Anyone else feeling it too?

-Rev. JG
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for Ron Paul, from where I'm looking at it he's the ONLY canditate with both a heart and a brain.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No...I get more the feeling that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He still supports the idea that 19 arabs with box cutters pulled off 911 and that Al-quaida and Bin Laden are the perpetrators.

See this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfdq6hoe-XY

He's also pro-life, which means he is pro making decisions for other sovereign beings, which I don't go for.

I'm an all or bust kinda guy. I tend to lean more towards the idea that our entire govt. is corrupt (no secret) and should be abolished and started anew. That's my duty as a patriot. Anything else is merely complacency.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
benpadiah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the responses, you two.

I'm all for voting for Ron Paul as a candidate, although I'm a registered Democrat so I can't vote for him as a nominee. I admit I haven't seen him speak or read his writings enough to know that much about him, but what I have seen and read I do like. I didn't know he was pro-"life" (don't get me started on that term), and I was actually wondering about that most of today. I did know he voted against the PATRIOT Act, and that his grounds for doing so was that it was un-constitutional. If that's the case, I would expect him to uphold Roe V. Wade at the federal level, which specifies essentially it is the state's right to determine their own laws on this issue. This would seem to be in keeping with his overall philosophy, "Libertarianism," which I don't adhere to personally, but about which I know enough to respect as a movement that is becoming increasingly popular.

Of course, the idea of him being a NWO "Trojan Horse" occured to me as well. It is possible he is only another Gore/Kerry who would concede defeat as a means of further disenfranchising and disheartening his supporters, and alot of the issues he is addressing most directly could, also, only be diversions to get swing-states to vote GOP (such as gun and border control, the "national ID" card, etc.).

I'm reserving my opinion on Rep. Ron as a potential pres., but in either event it does take alot of nerve to stand up against the "war on drugs" when it's your own political party that started it. Whether he would betray his campaign promises or not, he has entered it into public record that the "war on drugs" at least can be questioned aloud by public officials, and, combined with his voting against the PATRIOT Act (and thus, effectively, against the "war on terrorism" as well), that's enough for me to toss him the worthless crumb that is my vote.

He very well may be just another Ross Perot, a puppet to distract us into thinking we might still have any chance via the route of conventional Democracy, but I am still willing to give that old horse one last beating before I prepare to take measures necessary once I've given up on it completely. Maybe it's too late, maybe not. Hopefully it isn't, but either way, we'll all see for ourselves soon enough. Until then, yeah, I'll keep my fingers crossed for Ron Paul.

-J
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democracy is a dirty word. This is a republic. Democracy is mob rule. Sorry, but that change in the language is DANGEROUS. IMHO, we are beyond a chance with anything. Electoral voters determine the next president, and often times those people are a mystery to the public. Their names don't always even show up on the ballots next to the candidates/party that they are selected for. It's up to THEM who becomes president, and they are hand picked by the parties anyway. Of course, our sliver of a chance lies in us voting in the right electoral college, but they can vote any way they see fit. THIS was meant to be one of our checks and balances AGAINST democratic (mob rule) elections and doing it as a republic, but there again is those damn electronic voting machines, votes being counted behind locked doors with armed guards (illegal), and nobody knows the exact count because it's made up.

My vote says we crush the federal govt like the squirming slime that it is and try again. There's a reason the constitution REQUIRED congress to meet at least ONCE a year when they wrote it. They didn't expect them to be there EVERY FRICKIN DAY!!

I just don't believe that following the same system of electing corrupt officials who will just write themselves more control over us is doing any good. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I am NOT insane.

I say we take our lesson of the past 230 years and rewrite the constitution MINUS the flaws that made the govt. think we authorized it's totalitarian power of today.

Just my opinion....tired of barking up this old tree.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Ferre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Paul: We have to repeal the whole war on drugs.. It's a disease...

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: