THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Religion could save Emery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepper
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US wanted to keep Emery in jail but the Canadian courts didn't agree. Emery paid taxes on his seed sales and the Canadian government gladly accepted the money.

Canada has tolerated seed sales for several years. Health Canada was referring medical patients to the internet to get seeds.

I think this is the first extradition in history for seed sales.

Is there a holy war on marijuana? I suppose it depends on your point of view.
sara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he paid taxes and he has a good lawyer, then he should have to worry.
HalfDead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kind of tax your talking about is paying off other people around his block and in office to leave him alone with. While he still makes tons of money supporting groups like NORML. <---- witch exploits to keep Cannabis laws down.

He didn’t pay TAXATION OF MARIJUANA SUBSTANCES (Title 44, Chapter 49) here in the US… If anything there’s an import tax some place out there for this kind of thing. Just like import tax on cigarettes and other things.

I mean come on this is nothing more then just drama made up probably by marc Emery him self because if we really wanted to bust him for seeds they would have no problem bagging his ass and sending him on his way over here right now.

So maybe he’s lying and paying off some people to play his run around game like he did in his last jail game run around… I mean come on we all heard about the boy who cried wolf right…. Well that’s Marc Emery been exploiting the cause so long it’s finally caught up with him. I mean come on the way he exploited Magbee case and made his death threats to that federal judge… Is it any wonder why they are picking on him if that is the case? I’m sure if Nirvana or any other seed vendor ran around lying to the people the way marc does they be messing with him also. Out of all the stuff I have seen Marc Emery do with my own eyes it just surprises me that they haven’t got him sooner… Or maybe that’s the plan get Marc Emery over here for his seeds and then charge him for making death threats to a federal judge now that would be something wouldn’t it? Very Happy

You want to give someone credit for doing something right in this world????? Why not give some thanks to Roger and what he has done for people that smoke this plant for their own personal blessings. I look forward to sending my donation to roger in thanks for showing that he does care for other people and their right to smoke Cannabis. Its not for greed its for need.

I’m still kicking my self in the rear for giving money to Overgrow when they support High Times that looks to only exploit off the people while making all kinds of money for their self’s. It feels kind of like a sin if ya ask me… a sin of supporting corruption with out fully knowing or understanding what I was doing… but now that I know I can educate others and show them what I know and what they can find out on their journey to finding the truth about what’s going on and why people exploit this plant to keep it down the way they do$…
clown
sara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nirvana does that too, poor Uncle stoner.
Shocked
Pepper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

- Mahatma Ghandi

Marc has disclosed where the money went.

Quote:
Of $2.3 million collected for seed sales, about one million went to seed suppliers. $320,000 went to advertising seeds. $300,000 went to staffing the seeds ( full time buyers in Holland, shippers, senders, collaters, webmasters) . $350,000 was donated to activist causes (including Summer of Legalization Tour which cost about $40,000). $30,000 went to shipping and bank charges. That left $305,000 for me that year, of which $144,000 was given to Canada Revenue Agency in personal income tax. So that left me with $161,000. Of that, my exwife Kelly got $3,000 a month = $36,000. So that left me with $125,000. Another ex-spouse, Coral Clay, got $30,000 in support for her & her child that year, that left me with $95,000. Another ex, Marcy, received $18,000 in support that year, leaving me with $77,000. One of my adult children, Jordan, received $1,500 a month that year, and that was $18,000 that year, that left me with $59,000. That year, my apartment was $2,600 a month ( x 12) costing $31,200, leaving me $27,800. My car payments were $1,000 a month ($12,000 for the year), leaving me with $15,000, which was barely enough to live on ($1,200 monthly or so for food, utilities, gasoline, phone,etc.).

Fortunately, I have no hobbies, drug habits. Any travelling was strictly for speaking/activist appearances. I have no other expenses because I have always worked 6/7 days a week on the cause. I never travel for leisure and I spend only little on clothes.

Other years my personal income was less, or much, much less. I picked 2003 because it was the year my personal income peaked, so that is the most I made for 'myself', which as you can see, really means the Governments of BC, Canada, three ex-spouses, one of my children.

That $350,000 some reporter claimed, was supposed to be $305,000, which is the actual taxable income I declared in 2003.

I have never received any income whatsoever from CC Magazine, POT-Tv.net, BCMP Bookstore or the BCMP. I had no outside sources of income. I have never owned investments, assets, property, offshore accounts, or any kind of fail-safes or rainy day funds. My car was always a lease (now returned).
sara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in a private garden, not a farm.
about growing what you wish to have for your own private use.
so that you can make the choice of what strain you would like most to smoke eat or drink or oil with, sure I pay tax when I buy a plant/seed in a shop, but after planting in my garden I can harvest it and eat it without paying tax on it again. it may not be that way in a farm but it is so far for personal use.
why? just because the clouds are moving in the sky,I don't smoke cigarettes
and don't pay taxes.but that's a good point you are making.
Cool

Marc is no friend of mine,but I will not call him names on our Holy THC ground.
HalfDead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Of $2.3 million collected for seed sales, about one million went to seed suppliers. $320,000 went to advertising seeds. $300,000 went to staffing the seeds ( full time buyers in Holland, shippers, senders, collaters, webmasters) . $350,000 was donated to activist causes (including Summer of Legalization Tour which cost about $40,000). $30,000 went to shipping and bank charges. That left $305,000 for me that year, of which $144,000 was given to Canada Revenue Agency in personal income tax. So that left me with $161,000. Of that, my exwife Kelly got $3,000 a month = $36,000. So that left me with $125,000. Another ex-spouse, Coral Clay, got $30,000 in support for her & her child that year, that left me with $95,000. Another ex, Marcy, received $18,000 in support that year, leaving me with $77,000. One of my adult children, Jordan, received $1,500 a month that year, and that was $18,000 that year, that left me with $59,000. That year, my apartment was $2,600 a month ( x 12) costing $31,200, leaving me $27,800. My car payments were $1,000 a month ($12,000 for the year), leaving me with $15,000, which was barely enough to live on ($1,200 monthly or so for food, utilities, gasoline, phone,etc.).

Fortunately, I have no hobbies, drug habits. Any travelling was strictly for speaking/activist appearances. I have no other expenses because I have always worked 6/7 days a week on the cause. I never travel for leisure and I spend only little on clothes.

Other years my personal income was less, or much, much less. I picked 2003 because it was the year my personal income peaked, so that is the most I made for 'myself', which as you can see, really means the Governments of BC, Canada, three ex-spouses, one of my children.

That $350,000 some reporter claimed, was supposed to be $305,000, which is the actual taxable income I declared in 2003.

I have never received any income whatsoever from CC Magazine, POT-Tv.net, BCMP Bookstore or the BCMP. I had no outside sources of income. I have never owned investments, assets, property, offshore accounts, or any kind of fail-safes or rainy day funds. My car was always a lease (now returned).

That sure is some good stuff…
My brother has to pay child support and its only like what $250.00 a month.. So I guess it would be ok for him to run out and exploit a plant just so he can pay his child support out of the peoples money? The money the people send to him for those seeds? That’s a lot of money to a lot of people that do jack to help push for regulation or decriminalization of the Cannabis plant. Or better yet he could have signed his rights away on his kids so he didn’t have to use the peoples money to support kids he didn’t want to take care of.

And again he may have paid cannabis tax in canada but he didn’t pay US tax of sale of marijuana. As shown here. THE MARIHUANA TAX ACT OF 1937 http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/taxact/mjtaxact.htm

Read that it says importers must pay the government tax if you’re a seller like Marc Emery is. Now that you have posted that, it ticks me off just a little more about what he is doing. Taking the peoples money and giving it way to pay for his child support when he can use his own money from his book sales and sales from his store to pay that off with… Most of his add for seeds came from his own magazine and pot-tv from his own company.

Oh yeah and defining Marc Emery as an Exploiter is not name calling it’s a fact of what he’s doing to steal money from other people. Then turn around and try to use religion to help him keep exploiting the cause… I think your report there hurts Mister Emery more then anything else it sure is a shame .. I wouldn’t ever use the money from seeds to pay my bills with… Then turn around and try to right it off to the public like he’s really trying… Where’s the rest of the money and where did it go to is what I wana know. Where’s all the money people have donated to him for the cause??? See he’s only showing the people what he wants them to see just so he can keep his rear covered like what he’s doing now…

If you have any more fine info like that I would sure like to see it. Wink
Pepper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People willingly sent money to Emery for seeds. I don't consider that exploitation because people made the choice to enter that contract when they placed an order.

If there is is some kind of fraud, I haven't seen any evidence to support the accusation. The burden of proof is on the US government, so we will see.
The GCW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Extradition trade. Reply with quote

US CO: Land of the Free

Pubdate: Aug. 18, 2005 Source: Boulder Weekly (CO) Contact: letters@boulderweekly.com Website: http://www.boulderweekly.com/

Viewed at: http://www.boulderweekly.com/incaseyoumissedit.html

Land of the Free Following the recent arrest of Canadian Marc Emery on a U.S. warrant, the good ol' red, white and blue is attempting to have him extradited to face charges of selling marijuana seeds over the Internet to Americans. The Canadian government has begun to comply with the extradition, but this has drawn fire from Canadians and Americans alike who don't want to see someone prosecuted for selling plant seeds. Other Canadians are calling it a sovereignty issue, saying Canada alone should be able to decide which laws to enforce within its borders.

While selling marijuana seeds is technically illegal in Canada, it has not been prosecuted in several decades. Additionally, the Canadian government has been collecting sales tax on the seeds for the past decade, and Emery, who is dubbed "The Prince of Pot," has sold them openly since 1998.

It seems the true "Land of the Free" resides north of the U.S./Canada border, and we're not talking about Alaska here. As the war rages on in Iraq, many Canadians point to the high crimes committed by the Bush administration—i.e., fixing intelligence to start a gruesome war—as a much greater injustice than selling a few pot seeds.

Hey, Canada, maybe we could make an extradition trade: You give us Marc Emery and two crates of cannabis seeds, and we'll send you George W and a vice president to be named later. Whaddya say?
Rev.Holden Greene

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

halfdead get your facts straight man mpp is all for legalizing on a state level for med mj & has played a critical role in many of the current state laws.

now on to emery you just posted rhode island law he should follow. wtf was that hes canadian canada is sovergn. also he has been payin taxes on it for years claimin cannabis seeds on the paperwork openly.

im far from a fan of emery for several reasons i wont list hear publicly i think hes a slimeball but he doesnt deserve this for sellin seeds(bogus overpriced whatever).

and on the religion front he may have a chance possibly its canada & our defence doesnt realy tackle much but us law and canada is very lenient on cannabis.

i guess time will tell.

Tyler Durdan
Rev.Holden Greene

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt see the second page.

i like your trade idea.lol

halfdead you need to take some time to read what you post dawg IMPORTERS must pay the tax.

Tyler Durdan
HalfDead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Pepper:
People willingly sent money to Emery for seeds. I don't consider that exploitation because people made the choice to enter that contract when they placed an order.

If there is is some kind of fraud, I haven't seen any evidence to support the accusation. The burden of proof is on the US government, so we will see.

1 entry found for exploiting.
To make use of selfishly or unethically: a country that exploited peasant labor. See Synonyms at manipulate.

2 entry found for exploiting.
someone who uses other people or things for his or her own profit or advantage

Looks like he manipulated everyone in to paying his child support for him so he didn’t have to do it on his own… Yes he told the people he would use the money they sent him from selling seeds to help free this plant… He’s making money off a plant that has been ban for his own greedy profit like a lot of other people are doing now. That is exploiting…

The GCW:
Good news update GCW. Wink Yeah well see and I hope they get my letters stating I support the lock up of Marc Emery… Just be one less exploiter down hurting the movement…

Quote:

Rev.Holden Greene:
halfdead get your facts straight man mpp is all for legalizing on a state level for med mj & has played a critical role in many of the current state laws.

I think you can sit down now and watch this… Oh did I say that? Lol

Here’s a TV commercial ad for you to watch.. I think you can learn something from it. Very Happy

http://www.mpp.org/WarOnDrugCzar/commercials/index.html
NICK: Okay, maybe a little of the money I spend on marijuana supports terror and violence.
NORML: Right.
NICK: And that's because marijuana is illegal.
NORML: Exactly.
NICK: When I buy a beer, that doesn't support terror, because beer is legal, right?
NORML: Now you got it.
NICK: So you're saying if we make marijuana legal and regulate it like beer, it wouldn't support violence.
NORML: Did I say that?
Marijuana prohibition. Harmless?
paid for by the Marijuana Policy Project
1-877-JOIN-MPP (toll-free)
MarijuanaPolicy.org

Quote:

Rev.Holden Greene
now on to emery you just posted rhode island law he should follow. wtf was that hes canadian canada is sovergn. also he has been payin taxes on it for years claimin cannabis seeds on the paperwork openly.

im far from a fan of emery for several reasons i wont list hear publicly i think hes a slimeball but he doesnt deserve this for sellin seeds(bogus overpriced whatever).

and on the religion front he may have a chance possibly its canada & our defence doesnt realy tackle much but us law and canada is very lenient on cannabis.

i guess time will tell.

Quote:

HalfDead:
So if Marc Emery or anyone wants to sell anything to do with cannabis maybe they should tax it rather then try to claim religious rights.

I didn’t say he has to follow any tax Law that’s. what I said is MAYBE they should have.. not he has to. you should go back and read what I have posted over and over again.

He should tax his stuff coming in to the US just like everyone else has to…

I have never seen any seed vendor put any US tax stamp on any of illegal “product “ not sacrament just so you don’t start tripping or anything…They smuggle in to the USA..

Quote:

Rev.Holden Greene
didnt see the second page.

i like your trade idea.lol

halfdead you need to take some time to read what you post dawg IMPORTERS must pay the tax.

(b) The term "marihuana" means all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of such plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds, or resin- but shall not include the mature stalks of such plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil, or cake, or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination.
==========================
SEC. 2. (a) Every person who imports, manufactures, produces, compounds, sells, deals in, dispenses, prescribes, administers, or gives away marihuana shall ( 1 ) within fifteen days after the effective date of this Act, or (2) before engaging after the expiration of such fifteen-day period in any of the above mentioned activities, and (3) thereafter, on or before July 1 of each year, pay the following special taxes respectively:
(1) Importers, manufacturers, and compounders of marihuana, $24 per year.
(2) Producers of marihuana (except those included within subdivision (4) of this subsection), $1 per year, or fraction thereof, during which they engage in such activity.
(3) Physicians, dentists, veterinary surgeons, and other practitioners who distribute, dispense, give away, administer, or prescribe marihuana to patients upon whom they in the course of their professional practice are in attendance, $1 per year or fraction thereof during which they engage in any of such activities.
(4) Any person not registered as an importer, manufacturer, producer, or compounder who obtains and uses marihuana in a laboratory for the purpose of research, instruction, or analysis, or who produces marihuana for any such purpose, $1 per year, or fraction thereof, during which he engages in such activities.
(5) Any person who is not a physician, dentist, veterinary surgeon, or other practitioner and who deals in, dispenses, or gives away marihuana, $3 per year: Provided, That any person who has registered and paid the special tax as an importer, manufacturer, compounder, or producer, as required by subdivisions ( 1 ) and (2) of this subsection, may deal in, dispense, or give away marihuana imported, manufactured, compounded, or produced by him without further payment of the tax imposed by this section.
“SEC. 12. Any person who is convicted of a violation of any provision of this Act shall be fined not more than $2,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both, in the discretion of the court. “

Now that you have opened that can of worms would you like to brake down what I just posted? I mean scents your telling me to go back and read it make me understand it… come on brake it down for all of us to understand… I’ll be here waiting for ya.
Again if he had paid US federal tax they wouldn’t and couldn’t go after him like they are doing now….

Now for people like us that use Cannabis as a sacrament we don’t have to follow these tax laws for we can give our sacrament away and share it with others because that’s part of what we do and it’s the law.
I’m a follower of the law I don’t tell people they can go out and get them self’s arrested and thrown in jail to help the cause like Marc Emery has done… that’s plain out wrong telling people to go hold up the court system with out any kind of defence to help them with their recoard because if anyone did listen to that man they found them selfs with a nice little record that will make it every hard for them to fined a place to live or get a job… or even get a stuident lone all that’s thrown out the door by that man named Marc Emery…
If you ask me I’ll be glad when he’s gone then I can move on to the next exploiter and work them down and send the dogs after them to feast on.

So untill next time all my Cannabis smoking and growing friends. Puff,
puff.
Winkpeacepipe Wink
sara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you ask me I’ll be glad when he’s gone

ME TOO.
zero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sara wrote:
hey, I too need to pay rent and eat, done enough charity up until now,
if i don't sell my plant I have no food.religion or not religion.

Hey, im just saying dont get caught.

If you sell your plant then you know the importance of keeping shit undercover.

meaning dont sell on the internet where everyone with a web browser can find you.

We all know the consequences.

My co worker put it well the other day while we were talking about this subject.
"Well shit, the motherfucker deserved to go to jail, selling weed on the god damn internet, how fucking stupid can you be to try to sell weed on the computer when you know god damn well the feds will come after your ass"
"but hes canadian"
"I dont give a fuck if hes scandanavian, the motherfucker should have known better"

it was actually kind of funny, the way he put it.

"I understand that fear is my friend, but not always. Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed."
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's next? Busting Dutch coffeeshops for selling weed to Americans? Laughing rofl

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: