THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
References to the Holy Anointing Oil in the Bible
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exodus
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting stuff.

i can use this info to show to the people around me, cause as you all also experience (i know) i am looked that and frowned at for the use of herb Sad
wizanda
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Should be legalized Reply with quote

If it is in the bible as all of us know

shouldn`t it then be legalized under religious infringement of the goverment?

As christian means annointed ones and most of the uk and the states is christian

Shouldn`t cannabis be legal so that annointing oil may be produced else how can you be a true christian?
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is: YES.

The longer answer is, it already is...protected by national and international law.

Welcome to the group!

Poke around a bit on our sites and you'll find law, case law, and international law which allows us the freedom to use sacramental cannabis.

Follow Your Bliss
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
wizanda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Cool Thank you
I will added Info to my site as well if that is ok?

So then more can see all the info and we can spread the good news

Like christ said the truth sets us free

Thank you
Spin~ello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exodus 30.30 part reads like this:
30 And you shall anoint Aaron and his sons, and consecrate them, that they may serve me as priests. 31 And you shall say to the people of Israel, 'This shall be my holy anointing oil throughout your generations. 32 It shall not be poured upon the bodies of ordinary men, and you shall make no other like it in composition; it is holy, and it shall be holy to you. 33 Whoever compounds any like it or whoever puts any of it on an outsider shall be cut off from his people.'"34 And the LORD said to Moses, "Take sweet spices, stacte, and onycha, and galbanum, sweet spices with pure frankincense (of each shall there be an equal part), 35 and make an incense blended as by the perfumer, seasoned with salt, pure and holy; 36 and you shall beat some of it very small, and put part of it before the testimony in the tent of meeting where I shall meet with you; it shall be for you most holy. 37 And the incense which you shall make according to its composition, you shall not make for yourselves; it shall be for you holy to the LORD. 38 Whoever makes any like it to use as perfume shall be cut off from his people."

If you believe/follow the bible,and are not of the priestly line of arron/moses.
Then it states it is forbidden,if used or compounded (in any form).
Or you "shall be cut off from his people."
And people were killed for going to close to the tent of meeting.

FORGOT TO ADD THAT PART IN?
AS IN CONTEXT.
How is this banishment circumvented?

Yes the bible used cannabis as annointing oil.
But the truth is moses and his line were the only ones allowed to partake of it.
Just as the original herder/yhwh who dressed adam and eve in skins(no wonder he demanded and prefered sacrifices of meat.)
did not allow them to partake of it,when it was called the "tree of knowledge"
He was a warden.
It was his garden.
they could not eat of the forbidden fruit or there eyes would be opened.
The cannabis removes the veil/blinders.
If you take a work horse remove his blinders.The natural world around him is exposed.He will not work as hard due to distractions seen in his peripheral vision.
GOD/YHWH/MOSES all banned it because it was wild mans symbiotic food source.
Remove the meat,train the dog.
This is why I, turn on, tune in, and drop out.
Also why stoners are seen as "less productive"and lazy.

Give him a substitute and you own him.

Check out my Hemperor & Hawaii themes for Firefox.

Pay heed,I plead,Plant the seed ,. 4 we all
need, the reed weed seed
to be freed, from greed and creeds!

I bid(offer)U peace
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you believe/follow the bible,and are not of the priestly line of arron/moses.

FORGOT TO ADD THAT PART IN?
AS IN CONTEXT.

An interesting point.

It is my understanding, according to the xtian mythos, and within that context, the "old law" was fulfilled. Nailed to the cross, etc.

Quote:
If you believe/follow the bible...

Aye, there's the rub, ain't it? Wink

It does have a very handy recipe for healing oil, of ancient origin...perhaps Sumerian...perhaps even older than that...I simply do not know.

As for the bible itself, it is an interesting collection of writings, but on the whole, rather poorly written.

Starts out with an entertaining bang...2nd act falls completely apart...picks up a bit about 3/4 through...with a compromised, unintelligible Hollywood ending that leaves one thoroughly unsatisfied.

Needs a bit of editing. If it doesn't move the story along, lose it is my rule-of-thumb.

But...I am somewhat difficult to please.

Bishop Hensley, founder of the Universal Life Church once wrote a Reader's Digest version of the thing...but I didn't really read it, so...

I think many of the stories may have useful allegorical meanings... especially of one is seeking such.

I've never found it to be particularly useful. Others, apparently, do.

Your mileage may vary. Smile

Quote:

Well, that was quite rude. Just the very thing that gives mindless theocratic fanaticism a bad name! rofl

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben
P.S.
I did, however, enjoy Neale Donald Walsh's Conversations With God series...and Robert Anton Wilson, of course. Wink

"In Lak'ech"
Spin~ello

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha Mystic Power
Quote:
It is my understanding, according to the xtian mythos, and within that context, the "old law" was fulfilled. Nailed to the cross, etc.
I was just trying to get an answer from the new testiment opinion/side.
I am fuzzy about possibly reading something about,jesus saying something like,let jews keep there ways and gentiles keep theres or something?

I do believe "THE WORD" is perfect in every way ,for what it is.
A recipe on how to domesticate/herd/control/milk man.

Peace and Aloha

Check out my Hemperor & Hawaii themes for Firefox.

Pay heed,I plead,Plant the seed ,. 4 we all
need, the reed weed seed
to be freed, from greed and creeds!

I bid(offer)U peace
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do believe "THE WORD" is perfect in every way ,for what it is.
A recipe on how to domesticate/herd/control/milk man.

rofl rofl applause

welcome to the forums, Spin~ello.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I see it as the oldest, and ultimate Neuro Linguistic programming manual for brain control ever.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Fyrefly1
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was used by many educated priests/bishops, etc. to keep uneducated poor people in the dark for as long as possible...
Ferre

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fyrefly1 wrote:
It was used by many educated priests/bishops, etc. to keep uneducated poor people in the dark for as long as possible...

Correction; It was written by many educated priests/bishops, etc. to keep uneducated poor people in the dark for as long as possible...

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
RogerChristie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Exodus 30:23 in many versions of the Bible Reply with quote

Aloha. As we and others understand the mis-translations of the past and add real Cannabis BACK into the sacred 'recipe' for the holy anointing oil, many healings and blessings will certainly occur. Hallelujah!

Thanks to Rev. Jeremy Nelson in Texas for this.

All the best to you,

Roger

Hebrew Transliterated
30:23 V'aThH QCh-LK BShMYM Ur'aSh MUr-DUrVUr ChMSh M'aVTh VQNMN-BShM MChTShYThV ChMShYM VM'aThYM VQNH-BShM ChMShYM VM'aThYM.

Latin Vulgate
30:23 dicens sume tibi aromata prima et zmyrnae electae quingentos siclos et cinnamomi medium id est ducentos quinquaginta calami similiter ducentos quinquaginta

King James Version
30:23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,

American Standard Version
30:23 Take thou also unto thee the chief spices: of flowing myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty,

Bible in Basic English
30:23 Take the best spices, five hundred shekels' weight of liquid myrrh, and of sweet cinnamon half as much, that is, two hundred and fifty shekels, and two hundred and fifty shekels of sweet calamus,

Darby's English Translation
30:23 And thou, take best spices -- of liquid myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon the half -- two hundred and fifty, and of sweet myrtle two hundred and fifty,

Douay Rheims Bible
30:23 Saying: Take spices, of principal and chosen myrrh five hundred sicles, and of cinnamon half so much, that is, two hundred and fifty sicles, of calamus in like manner two hundred and fifty.

Noah Webster Bible
30:23 Take thou also to thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half as much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,

World English Bible
30:23 "Also take fine spices: of liquid myrrh, five hundred shekels; and of fragrant cinnamon half as much, even two hundred and fifty; and of fragrant cane, two hundred and fifty;

Young's Literal Translation
30:23 `And thou, take to thyself principal spices, wild honey five hundred shekels; and spice-cinnamon, the half of that, two hundred and fifty; and spice-cane two hundred and fifty;
CALM_IN_THE_USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin~ello
Quote:

In my opinion, the holy anointing oil is crucial...for this reason it is what seperates the wheat from the chaff... it cuts off the fleshly man from the spiritual man... by it you become seperate for the Lords service...and enter into the levitical priest hood...by it. as Jesus said he that hateth not his brother sister mother and father are not worthy to be my disciple...this was showing a seperation that was to take place a cut off from the earthly family to that which is a heavenly family. This Old testament scripture in your quote shows that seperation ( a cutting off)...Christ said he came not to bring peace but a sword...the sword was to seperate and to sever darkness from light. Christ ministry of what he did...with his disciples show that he seperated them for service and sent them out to heal the sick and cast out devils...funny they used OIL...what was that oil they used is the question...and again in Pauls ministry we see again the use of oil for Paul writes if there be any sick among you let them call for the elders of the church anointing him with oil and the prayer of faith shall save the sick and the Lord shall raise them up.

But I say this that the cutting off you state in this scripture did not mean a cutting off from God...but a cutting off from that which is earthly...
Pepper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my belief that the Holy Anointing Oil during the time of Moses was to Anoint and ordain Aaron and his sons, consecrating them as priests. The oil was not to be poured on the skin of any People who were unauthorized.

Jesus broke the Law by healing on the Sabbath and sending out his Apostles to heal everybody. To treat others, including enemies, as you'd like to be treated instead of following the Law which authorized an eye for an eye.
CALM_IN_THE_USA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus didn't break the Law he fullfilled it. He said it was Lawful to do good on the sabbath...for what better day to be of service to them that were sick...healing on that day brought those in bondage to pain and disease, rest...which it was commanded for men to rest...to be set free...here he again fullfilled the law by bringing them rest...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: