THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
READ IT & SIGN IT! (I Stand for Peace & Justice)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Issues of war and peace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The GanjaCat
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: READ IT & SIGN IT! (I Stand for Peace & Justice) Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

Please consider joining us in adding your name to the following statement.

Thousands of people have already done so, including Ezequiel Adamovsky, Vittorio Agnoletto, Michael Albert, Tariq Ali, Patrick Bond, Leslie Cagan, Noam Chomsky, Bill Fletcher, Eduardo Galeano, Susan George, Marta Harnecker, Boris Kagarlitsky, George Monbiot, Suren Moodlar, Hector Mondragon, Tanya Reinhart, Carola Reintjes, Arundhati Roy, Lydia Sargent and Howard Zinn.

If, after reading it, you like what it has to say, take a few seconds to visit http://www.zmag.org/wspj and add your name to the list of endorsers.

The statement was released on March 27, 2003, and already more than 88, 231 people have signed it as of today! Here it is...

"I stand for peace and justice.

I stand for democracy and autonomy. I don’t think the U.S. or any other country should ignore the popular will and violate and weaken international law, seeking to bully and bribe votes in the Security Council.

I stand for internationalism. I oppose any nation spreading an ever expanding network of military bases around the world and producing an arsenal unparalleled in the world.

I stand for equity. I don’t think the U.S. or any other country should seek empire. I don’t think the U.S. ought to control Middle Eastern oil on behalf of U.S. corporations and as a wedge to gain political control over other countries.

I stand for freedom. I oppose brutal regimes in Iraq and elsewhere but I also oppose the new doctrine of "preventive war," which guarantees permanent and very dangerous conflict, and is the reason why the U.S. is now regarded as the major threat to peace in much of the world. I stand for a democratic foreign policy that supports popular opposition to imperialism, dictatorship, and political fundamentalism in all its forms.

I stand for solidarity. I stand for and with all the poor and the excluded. Despite massive disinformation millions oppose unjust, illegal, immoral war, and I want to add my voice to theirs. I stand with moral leaders all over the world, with world labor, and with the huge majority of the populations of countries throughout the world.

I stand for diversity. I stand for an end to racism directed against immigrants and people of color. I stand for an end to repression at home and abroad.

I stand for peace. I stand against this war and against the conditions, mentalities, and institutions that breed and nurture war and injustice.

I stand for sustainability. I stand against the destruction of forests, soil, water, environmental resources, and biodiversity on which all life depends.

I stand for justice. I stand against economic, political, and cultural institutions that promote a rat race mentality, huge economic and power inequalities, corporate domination even unto sweatshop and slave labor, racism, and gender and sexual hierarchies.

I stand for a policy that redirects the money used for war and military spending to provide healthcare, education, housing, and jobs.

I stand for a world whose political, economic, and social institutions foster solidarity, promote equity, maximize participation, celebrate diversity, and encourage full democracy.

I stand for peace and justice and, more, I pledge to work for peace and justice."

http://www.zmag.org/wspj signed GanjaCat. Tuesday 26 August 2003.
Echo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done Ganjacat!

Echo

'You, your joys and your sorrows, your memories and your ambitions, your sense of personal identity and free will, are in fact no more than the behaviour of a vast assembly of nerve cells and their associated molecules,' Francis Crick (1916~2004)

Kent THC Ministry
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep,.. done. stinky peace

dove
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason
Creativity team member
Creativity team member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done! And it looks like 88387 others have also! Cool
papabill
getting into high spirits
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: You go G-Cat Now if Bush only knew how to read. Reply with quote

I could never pass up a petition that states itself as good as this one. In 30 years I have always voted Republican - this year it will change as there is no way I can vote for a treasonous, vile, war mongering low life like Bush. He should be tried for treason and international war crimes. His method of war is just like vietnam, the war on terror, and the drug war. It has no set goals and objectives or plans for peace.
The US is only attacking hot spots and too many people are being killed, ours, theirs and innocent civilians. He is running a war to express his Machismo, with his bring it on tough guy attitude. Instead of going around chasing Taliban like Gen Custer, another loser, we are attacking the symptoms and not the causes of terrorism.
We should find the cause and seperate ourselves from that nation and the attacks will end.
Bill - Admin http://eu.cannabis-belgie.com
I was 88452
Feel free to start a thread on my site, if you want me to start a board for you let me know.
indicaspice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have signed it. spinnin
Rev. Zanda
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed, sealed and delivered. yourock
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed!

Peace
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
-=//Mika~Pants\\=-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Yup,.. Me too. Reply with quote

rocker Good luck against the Bush Dictatorship! rocker
Boojum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

88804 - cool, that means over 350 folks have signed it in the last half a day alone. pc1
And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.
American Beauty.
rigdog
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: OOH!! YES!! Reply with quote

Not only did I sign, ...I cried!
BTW: I got my first Marinol prescription today. It REALLY WORKS!!
My KARMA must be good, a friend came by with an oz. of some healing herb for me.
This all happened today & I ran out yesterday [smoke].
Cool PEACE & RESPECT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lilli

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: me 2 Reply with quote

I added mine as well ~Lilli~
"2 Corinthians 1:12 - For our boasting is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and sincerity before God, (not in fleshly wisdom but in God's grace,) we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly towards you.' Over the oil
http://www.missouri-thc-ministries.tk
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me,others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Rev. Bob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorcan

Use the Cannabis as a Sacrament ;
http://www.thc-ministery-eire.tk

http://www.3mz.utvinternet.com
natural_mom
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done and done Very Happy
mc nick-grassmoke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally signed it, #88,989 thats me. i hope everything is well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Issues of war and peace All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: