THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Rastafarianism
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Rastafarianism Reply with quote

Rick Branch wrote:

Rastafarianism

Founder: Marcus Garvey's philosophy is credited as the beginning point.

Founding Date: 1930

As with many other religious groups, the history of this one also begins before the group itself. Marcus Garvey, born in 1887, would direct the philosophical ideologies that would eventually grow into the Rastafarian movement.

In the early 1920's, Garvey was an influential black spokesman and founder of the "back-to-Africa" movement. He often spoke of the redemption of his people as coming from a future black African king (Magical Blend, June/July 1994, p. 76). On one occasion, Garvey proclaimed, "Look to Africa for the crowning of a Black King, he shall be the Redeemer" (The Rastafarians, p. 67). Only a few years later that prediction would be fulfilled in the person of Ethiopia's king, Haile Selassie. As Barrett has explained, "in the pantheon of the Rastafarians, Marcus Garvey is second only to Haile Selassie" (Ibid).

Full article : CLICK HERE

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rev. Chazman
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is interesting. I continue to learn.
Thanks for the post.

Peace
I praise good thoughts, good words, and good deeds and those that are to be thought, spoken, and done. I do accept all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I do renounce all evil thoughts, evil words, and evil deeds. ---Avesta: Yasna
---------------------------------------------------
Future Servant of Cannatopia ©2004 - ∞ Rev. Chazman all rights reserved
Ska_Pastora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if I remember correctly... in 1930 they believed they had found their Haile Selassie... a man by the name Ras Tafari
Rastafarianism has always interested me... although I am not black.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ska, glad to see you found your way here from the other board Very Happy

Ferre, One thing though, arent they separatists? If not im sorry I was wrong. If they are, well I think separatism is counter to what I believe in. I think as long as we keep blocks up between us for any reason, well, we still lose.

Once again if im wrong about the separatism thing then sorry. I certainly dont mean any offense to anyone.

Peace
I praise good thoughts, good words, and good deeds and those that are to be thought, spoken, and done. I do accept all good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. I do renounce all evil thoughts, evil words, and evil deeds. ---Avesta: Yasna
---------------------------------------------------
Future Servant of Cannatopia ©2004 - ∞ Rev. Chazman all rights reserved
Ska_Pastora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when you think about it... Rastafarianism is baised on sepratism from the "white man's world"... often refered to as Babylon! Many believe Rastafarianism is a religion baised on hate!
Rastas believe that Selassie was the Jesus that Christianity speaks of and that the white man tricked the world into believing that he was a White man. Some see this as hate, others see it as pride...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Boojum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be way off here, not knowing much about rasta outside reggae music, but the whole haile selassie thing disturbs me, I have seen many articles rating selassie as one of the most selfish & brutal dictators the continent of africa has seen, responsible for many deaths due mainly to starvation while he sat in his palace feasting, yet he appears to be as important to rastafarianism as jesus was to christianity. Maybe the articles I read were wrong about him.
And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.
American Beauty.
Lilli
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: what I know Reply with quote

I have read alot and some think hallie was Jesus. Its said that he refutes this. It seems there Should be some unity therein . But there seems to be alot of disagreement within. After all God is a God of order not disorder the bible states. ~Lilli~
el hajj hakim
getting into high spirits
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: it's true, boojum Reply with quote

yeah selassie really was a brutal dictator, I had a prof in school from ethiopia and she finds the whole rasta thing really distasteful. When she was in school she was forced to pray to a picture of selassie, not unlike the Iraqis being forced to worship a picture of hussein, or american children bring forced to pledge allegience to the flag. In truth haile selassie had no interest in becoming a deity, least of all the deity of a group of scruffy jamaicans. When he visited jamiaca in 66 he was said to be 'horrified' by the rastas, and refused to meet with their leaders. When Marcus Garvey acquired an ocean liner- the black star liner- in order to take jamaicans to ethiopia, they were refused entry by selassie.

But I don't fault the jamaicans for selassie's refusal to play messiah, they were (still are) poverty stricken and needed something to have faith in to make things look less bleak. I think Garvey was trying to make a self-fulfilling prophecy, you know, to convince african leaders to help africans in the new world. He didn't count on Selassie being a vicious and greedy dictator. In truth, most slaves came from west africa, few if any came from ethiopia. Selassie didn't care about freedom for slaves, he was more concerned with his fleet of BMW's.

JAH KNOW!
Ska_Pastora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: what I know Reply with quote

Lilli wrote:
I have read alot and some think hallie was Jesus. Its said that he refutes this. It seems there Should be some unity therein . But there seems to be alot of disagreement within. After all God is a God of order not disorder the bible states. ~Lilli~

Selassie was believed by the rastas to be the reincarnation of Jesus in the 20th century... when Haile Selassie 1 died, the rastas believed it was just the media trying to bring them down... many later believed that he did die, but his atoms spread across the word, going in to new babys and other forms of life.
Ras Nariyahuw
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: haji and the rest Reply with quote

yow. alot of people have them remarks about Ras Tafari and dont have a clue.

first thing is First. there is no ism in Ras tafari.Rastafari is not a religion or a dogma but a movement.there is no hate racism, or any of the things you see with the muslims, western christians and jews.

that sound too funny comin from muslim that Selassie I was a brutal dictator.same muslims who tried unsuccefully to murder him countless times. the same muslims who are mass murdering christians all over the world.the same muslims who persecute women. cho !!!! fyah burn ya deep haji.

Haile Selassie I is the Last King of the Solomnic Dynasty.The Conquering Lion of Judah.Elect of God Light of the world.

so by that ya know Ras Tafari is for every man, women, and child regardless of race color culture or creed.he is the comforter. he do more for the betterment of mankind than anyone sence the first coming of the christ.

Ras Tafari is pure and un defiled Christianity in its fullness.some Rastas sight Him as God incarnate, some sight him as Jesus in his second coming and some Just Sight Him.there are no popes or priests in ras tafari.each man is free to find his way.The bible is our Handbookand God is our guide.

for all those who are really interested in their own spirituality i will leave you with a link. all wolves do not even bother to come the fyah is too hot for you. www.rastafarispeaks.com

Ras Tafariu Bless.......

ras nariyahuw nahimana Keezheekoni
The Conquering Lion of Judah hath prevailed!!!
Ras Nariyahuw
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. el haji who ever ya are. why ya end ya post with Jah know?

hmmm someone is lost
Lilli
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant speak for him, but he is a good friernd of mine Jah= Jehovah
know=knowing? hallelujah literealy means praise Jah. Thats a little premature to call someone lost isnt it?

peace ~Lilli~

Last edited by Lilli on Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Ras Nariyahuw
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u people have nerve. it premature to say he;s lost ? no i dont think so its obvious this man needs guidence. and so what is hes a good friend.what are you jesus? and uh y not Say Jahovia then?

blasphemors
Ferre

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ras naritahuw wrote:
u people have nerve. it premature to say he;s lost ? no i dont think so its obvious this man needs guidence. and so what is hes a good friend.what are you jesus? and uh y not Say Jahovia then?

blasphemors

Hi ras naritahuw, first of all, welcome at the ministry. Let me add a few words here. We all appreciate it if you clear up misunderstandings people might have about Rastafarians. We do not really appreciate it when you get personal towards members who have another opinion, or maybe less knowledge.
Please try to refrain from questioning other member's state of mind, intellect, name calling and other useless frases that usually don't add anything to an adult conversation. These boards are meant to Unite us all and to create more understanding towards eachother's personal dogmas. Try to understand this please, these are not battle grounds.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ras Nariyahuw
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny how i get reprimended for sayin some one is lost.and being Rasta i refuse to sit by and let people disraspek I king and i movement. instead of repreminded me maybe you should have a talk with all your friends about spreading lies and hate.

ps. ferre your ministry is goin in the same direction as the churches.
pure folly.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: