THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Rastafari

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mama Ma'at
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Rastafari Reply with quote

Blessed Love:

I saw where there was a previous discussion thread on Rastafari. I would like to open another educational discussion regarding Rastafari as I am a Rastawoman.

Give thanx,

Mama Ma'at[/img]
Lilli
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jah love

" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
Rev. Chazman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum Mama Ma'at. Glad to meet you. Smile

Peace
THC-Ministry "we use Cannabis religiously and you can to" http://www.thc-ministry.org/
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Future King of Cannatopia ™ © 2004 Rev. Chazman all rights reserved
Echo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please enlighten us Mama Ma'at! And feel very welcome.
Slide

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Mama Ma'at!

I would love to learn more about Rastafari.
Mama Ma'at

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Misgana (thank you in Amharic)
Todah (Thank you in Hebrew)
Gracias (Thank you in Spanish)....

Well u get the Idea.

The previous post was full of misconceptions of Rastafari...hopefully if there is any questions regarding it, I can clear it up.

Eternal Love,
Mama Ma'at
Slide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mama Ma'at,

What are the basic tenets of the Rastafari faith?

Thank you
Mama Ma'at

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Basic Tenants Reply with quote

Blessing:

Well, there are quite a few basic tenants in Rastafari. We name ourselves Ras Tafari because we follow the teachings of Haile Selassie I, who reigned as Emperior of Ethiopia from 1930 until 1974 and before he was coronated Haile Selassie, he was referred to as "Ras Tafari". We see His Imperial Majesty (HIM) as a Divine King and prophesy fulfilled and our spiritual leader. He is the only successful African leader who was able to protect his country from being colonized or enslaved. In that, he took the last stand against colonization, Arab/European Dominance, Imperialization, Globalization, Oppression and class systems based on race. The fact that Ethiopia is the birth of both mankind and civilization, we see that Ethiopia was divinely protected as a guiding light for all Africans to rise up and take their proper place in the world order. The only and worse Global Crime that has been committed against humanity is the trans-atlantic slave-trade, slavery and oppression of African peoples. I said Global, because every where on this earth that the European has dominated, he did so from black labor. Therefore if we are to correct the ills of today, we must go to the source of where it all started and correct that situation first.

In Rastafari we seek for clean living, as we feel that not only for our well being, but our thinking processes, our nation building and our very divinity is dependent upon a mostly raw vegetarian livity (not diet, as that has the word "die" in it). Mostly Raw vegetation also increases your brain vibratory level so that we become more spiritual beings. We see the Holy Herb (marijuana) as a means of contacting our innerselves, of communicating with our divine nature and receiving inspiration and deep insights.

We lock our hair for several reasons. First reason was as a form of resistance against the Matrix/Machine. The next reason is that our locks are our spiritual antennas. Hair is a conductor of electricity and our thoughts are chemical-electrical reaction, so it enhances our thoughts, and sometimes may influence negatively our thoughts if we attract negative vibrations. That is why many of us cover our locks so that we can protect our hair from getting dirty and receiving negative vibes from being in areas that we cannot control the content of emotional energy. We also wear our locks as our crown, to identify us as Rastafari.

Haile Selassie successfully modernized Ethiopia and established trade routes and airports so that it was able to contend with the European nations and not be dominated. It is through His success of sovereignty that he has the right to teach the rest of African Nation what is to be done in order to establish a strong home base (Africa) and therefore be respected and independent in any country in the world.

That is all I can think of right now.

Thank you for your time,

Bless,
Mama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: