THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Rachael Hoffman RIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DdC
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Rachael Hoffman RIP Reply with quote

Rachael Hoffman, drug war victim
DWR Saturday, May 10, 2008

Cannabis Does Not Kill. Unfortunately, Cannabis Prohibition Enforcement Can!
Allan St. Pierre at NORML Blog

Rachael is another kind of drug war victim. Facing drug charges, and afraid to go back to jail, she reluctantly agreed to act as a snitch for the cops and purchase drugs and a gun from two men. She was discovered murdered yesterday.

The cops are making it sound like it was her fault.

Update: Further musing... did anyone else notice that the two men are being charged with kidnapping, and yet Rachael is being accused by police of ignoring police concerns and going with them willingly? I'm wondering if there is a contradiction there.

Words, words... they're all we have to go on
DWR Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chief Dennis Jones, describing murdered Rachel Hoffman:

"She was completing a diversion program for possession of over 20 grams of marijuana and pending felony charges for possession with intent to sell MDA (or Ecstacy), maintaining a drug house, possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell, possession of drug paraphernalia."

Sounds pretty hard core, doesn't it? Translation:

Rachel was a college student who sold pot to her friends. She was first caught with less than an ounce of pot and later caught with 5 ounces of pot and six ecstasy pills.

On the basis of that, they decided she should go to hard core dealers and attempt to purchase 1500 ecstasy pills, two ounces of cocaine, and a gun.

Please help rachael hoffman youtube

Health and Self-Preservation Tip: If law enforcement ever approach you (or a loved one) regarding a cannabis-related offense, and then seek to recruit you to became a confidential informant or a snitch, ‘just say no’ as your life (or that of a loved one) may be in danger.

In Loving Memory of Rachel Hoffman youtube

Rachel Hoffman Funeral Arrangements
May 11, 2008 Reporter: Claudine Cleophat
Rachel Hoffman was found dead Friday morning in Taylor County. The 23-year-old was acting as an informant for the Tallahassee Police Department as part of a diversion program. Orlando police arrested Andrea Green and Deneilo Bradshaw in connection with her murder.

Murder Investigation Update: Rachel Hoffman
May 14, 2008 Reporter: Lanetra Bennett
Questions continue to be raised surrounding an investigation into death of Rachel Hoffman, the young woman who was killed while working as a Tallahassee Police informant.
(Full Story/Video)

SNITCH CULTURE: by Jim Redden

HOW CITIZENS ARE TURNED INTO
THE EYES AND EARS OF THE STATE.

Researched and written by award-winning reporter Jim Redden, SNITCH CULTURE reveals how politicians, law enforcement agencies, private corporations, politically-oriented non-profit organizations, and the establishment media are working together to build the most sophisticated surveillance society in history. SNITCH CULTURE traces the creation of this intelligence-gathering network from the earliest paid informants to today¹s DNA databases and beyond.

Snitch Culture: Jim Redden Watches the Watchers

Disinformation.com/drugs

Disinformation.com

Grits for Breakfast: Snitch Culture

Woman abducted, branded over 16-month grudge, police say
Arizona police allege that four people abducted a woman and used a branding iron to write "SNITCH" on her face. The woman had reportedly sicced family services on two of the suspects -- in February 2006.

No snitching code reinforced throughout culture, not just rappers
August 15, 2007

Informants: Resources for a Snitch Culture
november.org

Death Raises Questions On Use Of Informants; from The Ledger (FL), 5/13/08

Informer's Death In Tallahassee Brings Speculation To Clearwater
from St. Petersburg Times (FL), 5/12/08

Hoffman's Death Sparks Debate About Informants
from Tallahassee Democrat (FL), 5/11/08

More on Rachel Hoffman
www.mapinc.org/people/Rachel+Hoffman

mapinc.org
DdC

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel Morningstar Foundation
In the memory of Rachel Hoffman, her parents have established the Rachel Morningstar Foundation, the goal of which is to pass a law requiring legal advice to be sought before a civilian can consent to undercover work. They will also work to decriminalize marijuana in Florida.

Go Rachel.

Rachel Hoffman's dad wants a change
He's got an interesting idea. Every time some young person dies in a tragic situation, lawmakers seem to rush to make a law named after that youth that increases penalties or outlaws more things.

Irv Hoffman, however, wants "Rachel's Law" to bar police from enlisting young people in their drug war.

Gov. Charlie Crist said he was open to hearing Hoffman's suggestions.

''Anything he would have to say, we would take very seriously,'' Crist said.

The interesting part is when law enforcement will have to step forward and argue that they can't fight the drug war without putting civilians at risk.

Young Woman Busted for Pot Gets Killed Acting as Police Informant
by Stephanie Garry, Tampa Bay (15 May, 2008)

Irv Hoffman and Margie Weiss wondered Friday how their only child went from police informer to murder victim. Rachel Hoffman, 23, who grew up in Pinellas County and recently graduated from Florida State University, was found dead in a rural area near Tallahassee two days after she disappeared while helping police with a narcotics investigation. full story

David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is unbeliverable, but I'm sure they only see her as fodder.
benpadiah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this happened in my town, which, btw, is the same town where the 2000 US election fiasco occured and where, the day after 9-11, someone drove their pickup truck into a Mosque. My next door neighbor sells cocain, but I live in a relatively wealthy part of town. I am a peaceful partaker of my sacrament, but the town has been very dry since this (Rachael's death) happened, and one of my friends had their place broken into and is now having to move. I hate what this town has become as much as I miss how it used to be when I was growing up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: