THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
"third-eye" meditation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brother Jon_Paul
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: "third-eye" meditation? Reply with quote

so, there's this thing i can do. i shut my eyes and clear my mind. focus on what is on the other side of my eyelids. after some time meditating like this, i can actually see with my eyes shut. i can move around a room and perform actions, although that generally tends to break my concentration and i can see nothing again. this started as an accident, and it has gotten a little easier with practice, but is still very hard and still fades quite easily, due to my lack of self-discipline - which i'm working on. i have found that when using the herb, the process of focusing my mind on "flipping the switch" and turning on my new vision is a lot easier, as is sustaining the vision. do any of you have experiences like this? any tips?
Rink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are expereincing is actually known as 'energy mapping'.
Mapping is essentially using the Aura's of your surroundings to 'see'.
If you want to get better, I suggest doing a lot of focus meditation.
Start practicing at night, or somewhere dark, as the bright light against your eyelids has a tendency of disorienting the results, atleast until you get a good handle on it anyway.
aeroplane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could think of your experience as a taste of astral projection. We do it anytime we are able to 'imagine' something. The more you can give yourself to the experience of 'imaging' something, the more you transfer your consciousness away from the reality that your body is experiencing.

Here's a meditation I find to be really trippy.

Imagine that you are lying down, floating on a warm sea.

You are very aware of any body part that is above the surface, but not so much beneath.

You can only look forward with little movements otherwise water will pour into your nose, therefore you cannot see behind or beneath yourself.

You look up to the sky.

What do you see?

What do you feel?

What is beneath you?

Are you sure that there is there anything beneath you if you can't see it?

Allow yourself to sink a little beneath the water.

You see less of your body and have less sense of it as well.

Sink further, allowing the water to take you.

As your nose goes beneath the water, you realize that you never need to worry about breathing.

Relax. Let go completely and allow your consciousness to travel. Your mind is as empty as the darkness of the water.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

US President Jimmy Carter
MelT
getting into high spirits
getting into high spirits

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff:) There's a new forum primarily about weed and meditation, you should post the above there: http://forums.headstuffbooks.com/

MelT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: