THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
"Sell Marijuana Legally" - in Canada
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prntrkmt
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Adam wrote:
Ummm......I can't really "afford" to do anything. I'm just willing to give in return for nothing even though I barely have anything of my own.

What's the need for the big computer system and lawyers? Grow some cannabis and give it away. What's stopping you?

The need for a computer system is to coordinate large scale transfer of free medicinal and religious cannabis.

I think it is great that you and David are willing to help out a small number of seriously ill indiviudals locally.

But I also think it is important to multiply your efforts so that it can exist throughout the world.

The only technology I know of for coordinating billions is the use of computers. It also happens to be an area where my skills at computer programming are particularly useful.

It is certainly possible that I am falling victim to the "hammer syndrome" (if a person only knows how to use a hammer, then they tend to view everything as a hammer).

The need for lawyers is because a large scale distribution system will certainly attract the attention of the police and the last thing I want to do is get a whole bunch of sick people tossed into prison.

As far as my own thing, I currently help out two cancer patients with cannabis. For free. Not their entire needs, but they do appreciate what I can give them. And they also appreciate my help with other healing herbs. And speaking of other herbs, if someone in Europe could somehow get their hands on dittany of Crete seeds, I'd sure like to start growing the plant here.
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not free? Why not give freely of yourself to someone else with no return expected what-so-ever?

We don't need a big global database and distribution system. We need more people on the local level paying attention to their neighbors needs.

When everyone starts to focus on helping someone else instead of themselves this world will be an amazing place to live.

Do unto others was meant as a way to set an example. Start doing unto others without being asked.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Spin~ello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha every1

prntrkmt
Quote:
This is a very old debate, and extends beyond just cannabis.

Should people who provide essential services be paid for their work?

Cannabis is not Linux ,it has existed for free before a dollar,cent or trade by mankind ever touched it.You are leading to your begging/funding pitch from the get go.

Quote:
Should a doctor ever get paid for medical work? Should there be a law that forbids any doctor to ever get paid, including receiving any pay from the government? Should all doctors be required to work for free until they fall dead from starvation and thirst?

IMO your post is simply "launching into a sales pitch".

IMO you advocate 4 profit and money-making hidden in a veil of religion/spirituality to fund your life.

Quote:
I have repeatedly recommended to the Presiding Elder of the church Pr Ntr Kmt (not to be confused with me or my screen name here) that we create a internet database for coordinating the distribution of medical and religious cannabis.

No confusion here as to your connections(you write the material) or your constant pass all questions & connections to the elder ways.lol
MichaelM does not have the screen name prntrkmt(unless you are him) & IMO you are here to flood these board with begging 4 donations & attempting to lead others to prntrkmt.org.The only confusion I see is the confusion you post.(one example: your attempt to lessen your involvement with prntrkmt.org.)

You then go on about funding you.blah blah blah.

Quote:
It is certainly possible that I am falling victim to the "hammer syndrome" (if a person only knows how to use a hammer, then they tend to view everything as a hammer).

You are falling victim IMO to the claw side of the hammer that pulls out man made money nails(they were once used as money) that poisons trees as they rust.

Rev. Adam
That last post was inspirational wise & eye opening in nature.It was a pleasure to read.Your offer to the ill in your area is beautiful.(you too David the Druid)

I bid(offer)U all peace

Check out my Hemperor & Hawaii themes for Firefox.

Pay heed,I plead,Plant the seed ,. 4 we all
need, the reed weed seed
to be freed, from greed and creeds!

I bid(offer)U peace
prntrkmt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Adam wrote:
Why not free? Why not give freely of yourself to someone else with no return expected what-so-ever?

We don't need a big global database and distribution system. We need more people on the local level paying attention to their neighbors needs.

When everyone starts to focus on helping someone else instead of themselves this world will be an amazing place to live.

Do unto others was meant as a way to set an example. Start doing unto others without being asked.

We potentially have two issues mixed here.

One is whether or not it is wise to have some kind of system to coordinate and connect those who can offer (for free) to hemp out those who are in need. Essentially a matching system. It is certainly a reasonable question as to whether there needs to be any such system and if so what kind of system might be best.

The other is a debate over whether or not people should help others for free. I am on your side on this. I offered to donate my labor for free. You may find my labor to be unworthy of being offered for free.

I do help out on a local scale. Without being paid.

And I complemented both you and David for doing the same on a local scale near you. I think that is highly admirable.

But I also can see that a few isolated cases of people helping out people that they already have met is not going to solve the much larger problem, epecially in the U.S. where health care is a for profit business.

Maybe I am wrong about the need for a database to help local people in need find local people willing to help out. The only other obvious method I can think of is for newspapers to accept paid ads, but that introduces a filter that denies access to the poor, involves a for profit enterprise that you already object to, and is unlikely to occur given the corporate nature of newspaper ownership.

Again, maybe I am suffering from the "hammer syndrome" because I have the skill to write computer software. But a large computer system seems to me to be a highly efficient solution that can be easily customized over time to improve how well it coordinates volunteer growers and patients in need.

I can NOT pay for the server or the bandwidth fees for such a system, but I can donate the programming. I realize that several people here are highly critical of the idea of any laborer being paid for their labor, but I didn't ask to get paid. I specifically stated that I was donating the labor for free. And businesses pay a lot of money for that kind of labor, so my offer in completely non-trivial.

If nobody thinks the idea is worth putting up the money for a server and bandwidth, then so be it. Maybe my idea is completely stupid.

And I need to point out the obvious -- the money for server and bandwidth fees would NOT go to me -- they would go to the for profit business chosen by the person who puts up the money for those services. If you can find someone who will donate those for free, all the better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: