THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
"Sell Marijuana Legally" - in Canada
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: "Sell Marijuana Legally" - in Canada Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Aloha. http://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/organic.html

Amazing! A great breakthrough for some of the growers (or wanna-be growers) of Canada to 'go legal'. This looks like measurable progress. What do you think? Any debunking to be done here? :-}

* Friends in Canada - do you know of this, yet?

All the best to you,

Roger
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds more like a breakthrough for legal dealers of the sacred plant. I think they should put more effort into making sure everyone can grow their own safe, unadulterated cannabis.

Their motive is simply to profit, and I don't agree with that. If they were trying to help, they would be educating people how to do it on their own.

I don't know about debunking, but I don't support their efforts. There is a very important piece of the puzzle missing for those who miss out on cultivating the plant.

It's cool to see legalization move forward somewhere, but it's a little bitter-sweet when the driving force is profits.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Pepper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone that needs medical marijuana wants to (or can) grow their own medicine. I see they are educating people by teaching courses on how to grow and how to do it legally. Cannabis has value, it requires labor and it costs money to cultivate so charging a nominal fee is not so terrible is it?
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Adam, Why don't they join the Ministry and and teach us how to grow and give it away to medical user.

I believe that if a disabled person does not want to grow, it is plainly because they do not want to get busted, if after we are allow to grow freely, then ask disabled people if they want to grow and make a bit on the side selling to visitors or travellers, we will get a true reflection on legitimate cannabis businesses.

We are fighting to free the weed, not put a price on it!
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if anyone ever needs grow advice, just let me know. I'll give that away for free. If anyone ever needs to toke a little, let me know. I give that away free also. If you need a little to take home, I usually give that away free also.

I think David is absolutely right. Most people who "can't" grow, don't because of the laws, not a physical disability. Those people who can't move about to handle a grow, usually have care takers that can water plants once a day.

If they want medical cannabis but don't want to grow they have a conflict of interest within themselves they need to resolve. I would prefer growing mine any day over getting it from someone else. Even if I had to have someone else tend to them.

Pepper, you and I both know these people did not get into what they do for anything else than profit. There are far too many ways to help people with cannabis without making a profit. If it's legal for them to grow, the sunlight and compost are FREE.

Selling cannabis is a disgrace to the plant and everything it stands for, but what do I know?

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Last edited by David on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
prntrkmt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
I agree Adam, Why don't they join the Ministry and and teach us how to grow and give it away to medical user.

I believe that if a disabled person does not want to grow, it is plainly because they do not want to get busted, if after we are allow to grow freely, then ask disabled people if they want to grow and make a bit on the side selling to visitors or travellers, we will get a true reflection on legitimate cannabis businesses.

We are fighting to free the weed, not put a price on it!

I work with several people who are terminally ill. Many of these people aren't able to get out of bed, much less start a garden.

Even for those who are still ambulatory (able to walk on their own), the pain and nausea (even with the relief of cannabis) is too great for them to engage in many normal, even trivial activities.

Certainly there are seriously ill people who grow their own plants, but this is not always possible.
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riiiight.....but!

It's funny how so many want to call themselves "caregivers" when in reality they are only caring for a profit.

You mean to tell me able bodied people aren't taking care of those bed ridden?

You mean all these so-called "care" takers (money takers) aren't able to throw a plant or two in their garden to help the sick?

Once again....it's all about profit. Almost every one of these money takers was growing cannabis before the medical laws were passed. This just made it legal for them to capitalize on people.

Fuck it.....you want to see how it's done?

I will hereby donate 25% of my meager harvest of clean, fresh, safe cannabis to any terminal patient who can't grow their own in my local area.

If you know of anyone in the Jacksonville area who could benefit, let me know.

FREE OF CHARGE.....

Screw these money hungry jerks. Evil or Very Mad

-James Madison

Brother Adam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemme add "properly dried and cured cannabis" to that. Not some wet shit 3 day dry bs with no cure. I will give it just as much care as I give my own, and I will continue to pay the outrageous electric bill it takes to do it......

I want nothing from it.

Learn.

-James Madison

prntrkmt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Adam wrote:
Well, if anyone ever needs grow advice, just let me know. I'll give that away for free. If anyone ever needs to toke a little, let me know. I give that away free also. If you need a little to take home, I usually give that away free also.

I think David is absolutely right. Most people who "can't" grow, don't because of the laws, not a physical disability. Those people who can't move about to handle a grow, usually have care takers that can water plants once a day.

If they want medical cannabis but don't want to grow they have a conflict of interest within themselves they need to resolve. I would prefer growing mine any day over getting it from someone else. Even if I had to have someone else tend to them.

Pepper, you and I both know these people did not get into what they do for anything else than profit. There are far too many ways to help people with cannabis without making a profit. If it's legal for them to grow, the sunlight and compost are FREE.

Selling cannabis is a disgrace to the plant and everything it stands for, but what do I know?

This is a very old debate, and extends beyond just cannabis.

Should people who provide essential services be paid for their work?

Let me use the example of Linus Torvalds. He received permission from Andrew Tanenbaum to tinker for free with Tanenbaum's teaching operating system called Minix. Linus turned it into a new operating system called Linux. Linux is free and open source (although there are dozens of companies that sell it along with tech support and sometimes additional extra software).

Linux is now the third most used operating system in the world (behind variations of Windows and variations of Macintosh).

A lot of people cite Linux as an example of how things of value should be free.

Overlooked is the fact that Linus was originally able to work on Linux for free because his nation (Finland) was paying for his ability to attend college. And that Linus was originally able to distribute Linux for free because his college (University of Helsinki) was paying for all of the costs of distributing it.

After Linux started to gain popularity, several large corporations (along with literally tens of thousands of individual donors of both money and labor) started paying for both the costs of maintaining and distributing Linux and that IBM and a couple of other large U.S. corporations (the names of which I forget at the moment) pay for all of Linus's costs for living and travelling around the world.

While Linux may be free to the end user, someone is actually paying for it. Otherwise it would have never existed.

Certainly there are people who are wealthy enough to grow substantial amounts of cannabis and give it away. I know of three people (who I will not name) who do this on a small-to-medium scale and I knew one person who was growing 4,000 plants for free. All of these people came from wealthy families and can afford to spend substantial amounts of time and energy growing plants and then give away the cannabis for free.

And there are people who have benefactors who pay for the costs and provide them with a place to live. I know several people who do this or in the past have done this for some pretty famous Hollywood stars.

I also know a huge number of people who have grown a small number of plants (less than a dozen at a time) for personal use or for the use of a sick relative. In these cases, sales almost never happen. Any excess is given away.

I even know of one person who was involved in a large scale commercial grow operation (he is no longer involved). While the vast majority of their produce was sold, they did set aside several pounds from each harvest that they donated for free to local medical marijuana dispensaries.

Should a doctor ever get paid for medical work? Should there be a law that forbids any doctor to ever get paid, including receiving any pay from the government? Should all doctors be required to work for free until they fall dead from starvation and thirst?

While I like the idea of essential services being available to those in need for free, I also understand that if you starve all doctors to death it will not be long before there are no doctors. Someone eventually has to pay to support those who provide essential services.
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.....I forgot.

You're not ready to get past the money part yet.

-James Madison

David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Last edited by David on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Enough people jump on a bandwagon like this and it will make a real difference at no cost to the people who need it.

I'm tired of hearing so and so spent some fake digits on something so that makes them entitled to extra fake digits in return.

Money is worthless.

-James Madison

prntrkmt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rev. Adam wrote:
I will hereby donate 25% of my meager harvest of clean, fresh, safe cannabis to any terminal patient who can't grow their own in my local area.

If you know of anyone in the Jacksonville area who could benefit, let me know.

FREE OF CHARGE.....

David wrote:

I hearby match that Adam, anyone bed ridden in brighton gets the same!

Can we do that, or will Roger ban us Adam.

That is great that both of you are willing to help out in that manner!

I know that both of you will help out people who really need your help.

Rev. Adam wrote:
Riiiight.....but!

It's funny how so many want to call themselves "caregivers" when in reality they are only caring for a profit.

You mean to tell me able bodied people aren't taking care of those bed ridden?

You mean all these so-called "care" takers (money takers) aren't able to throw a plant or two in their garden to help the sick?

Once again....it's all about profit. Almost every one of these money takers was growing cannabis before the medical laws were passed. This just made it legal for them to capitalize on people.

I certainly understand your rant about people who are in it to make a profit.

A few months back I contacted every cannabis buyers club/compassionate use clinic in the area that was open to the public.

With ONE exception (which offered its cannabis for free only and only to the most seriously ill), they ALL were launching into a sales pitch. It was immediately obvious that their only concern was profit. It was kind of obvious that many of these people were using California's medical marijuana law as an excuse for a grow and sale operation.

It did sound as if a few were concerned about getting medicine to real patients, but they wanted to make sure their costs were covered first.

I can understand the need for legitimate services to get some kind of money to cover their costs.

Hospitals in the U.S. get their money from their patients. Hospitals in Canada get their money from the government. Either way, somebody has to come up with the money to pay for the existence of the hospitals.

I understand that both Rev. Adam and David are sincere in their desire to help and have the means to help out a limited number of seriously ill people for free.

But there is no way that two humans on the entire planet could possibly meet the exceedingly large needs for medical cannabis.

I am not an advocate of corporations and profit and money-making, but I also realize that the need here is far greater than can be accomplished even if we coordinated the efforts of everyone in the world who was interested in helping out for free.

I agree that there are many people who are in this only for profits and that they have no concern at all about the actual patients.

I have repeatedly recommended to the Presiding Elder of the church Pr Ntr Kmt (not to be confused with me or my screen name here) that we create a internet database for coordinating the distribution of medical and religious cannabis. I have the computer programming skills to build an excellent system. I do not have the money to be able to afford the servers or the bandwidth.

The Presiding Elder keeps rejecting my proposal until I can come up with a lawyer who will confirm that the proposed system is entirely legal and won't put the church at any risk of being shut down by the government.

I can't afford a lawyer and I don't know that a lawyer would be able to guarantee that this would be legal even if I could afford one.

If someone is willing to come up with the money for a domain name, web server, and bandwidth, I will donate the time to build a computerized system for coordinating the free distribution of medical and religious cannabis. That someone should almost certainly also be able to afford a really good lawyer too.

And, again, I want to congratulate both Rev. Adam and David for their generous offers. That will be very useful for at least a few people who really need it.
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm......I can't really "afford" to do anything. I'm just willing to give in return for nothing even though I barely have anything of my own.

What's the need for the big computer system and lawyers? Grow some cannabis and give it away. What's stopping you?

-James Madison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis news All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: