THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Question to Ferre about the Grand Bon Voyage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rishi
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Question to Ferre about the Grand Bon Voyage Reply with quote

Ferre;

As the administrator of the forum, do you know if there is a feature which allows you to delete ALL of a certain persons’ posts at one time? Also, if they were to lose their membership, would their posts just disappear?

The reason I asked the question is because I want to leave the forum, delete my membership and have ALL my posts removed at once. If that is not possible, I’ll certainly be glad to delete each of my thread-starting posts by hand. However, that will look awkward and odd to anyone coming along, as they would see a bunch of comments to non-existent material, and I don’t want to see that happen because of me. The section of the forum where I am the, “moderator” should be easy to delete as a sum-total. Please tell me my options....

Those who have known me here for some time, i.e. the, “leaders of the forum” no doubt have a good idea why I’d want to leave THC Ministries, as they’ve heard me voice my dissatisfaction a number of times. I caution anyone to press the question “why?” as that is a gallon can of worms which I’m sure nobody will want to hear. If you must know I’ll tell you, but be prepared for the unpleasant.
Brother Adam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know why, and I fear not the answer.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
IntrepidEZJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto.

I haven't been here for a while, and have leaned away from this place with the infighting, but Rishi was always one of my pure favorites.
malloryjade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready to hear anything. I've been ready to leave for awhile.not my cup of tea really... however some nice people I like to check in with. It sounds as if you have an opinion of everyone. Peace and Love Mallory Jade
oldmanmozz
Honourable member
Honourable member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scared
viper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...............................?

Rishi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Ok, you asked Reply with quote

Well, first of all it’s a dead issue. If all my posts were deleted no one would miss that material, and so, they might as well be deleted. After 3 years on this forum, not one person has ever given any of the meditations or other herb-focuses I’ve provided even a serious try, and I don’t believe they ever will, (at least, if they DID give them a try they’re damned tight-lipped about it). No one is serious about ANYTHING, not even real discussion. No one cares to accomplish anything here, nobody is here for any purpose other than egotism, “socializing” or idle distraction. Yes, it is an internet forum. But on the other hand, THC Ministries claims to be a spiritual entity with a serious social and spiritual purpose. The fact of the matter is, that it is definitely NOT a place with any spiritual of social purpose at all, let alone a serious one.

Let me give you just a short list of examples…there are MANY more I don’t remember now, and don’t care to.

1)There has been talk of a THC “Newsletter” many times here, for which I volunteered to write or help in any way I could. Every time the subject came up nobody even had as much motivation to continue the conversation, let alone DO anything with it. I couldn’t even get those who brought up the subject to stay interested in their own agenda.

2)I started what was called the, “Smoke Shop project” on the so-called “Elders Area” of this forum, which ALL agreed was a fine idea, (Ferre, Mystic Power, Fyrefly, Echo and a few others). Fine that is, until they actually had to do anything about it. The idea was to contact smoke shops in the Netherlands which attracts thousands each year from around the world, and send them material which they could give their customers along the lines of making better, higher and even spiritual use of the Herb. So I wrote a draft for this purpose, all the “elders” gave their inputs, and I edited the item to include each suggestion. After presenting the end-product all discussion suddenly just stopped, and everybody simply walked away without a word. A week passed, then two, then a month, then two months, and not so much as a peep was said about the matter ever again. I waited patiently without saying anything, and then I asked, “so what IS going on around here?” You all said this was a good idea and then you just walk away without a word!” Then I catch all this flack, and everybody takes this stance like they can’t imagine why I would be upset…”So what do you want us to do Rishi”? and head-games to that effect. After some verbal warfare there the idea still sits, and all they had to do was put the THC name on it and follow up on sending it out, and perhaps reply to some smoke-shop owners. Now if they had said it still needs work or something to that effect, then fine, but to say nothing at all forever more is just bogus. It was then I began to learn that this place isn’t about doing or accomplishing anything…it’s just an ego-based social club without any other purpose then that. Roger never did have anything to say about anything.

3)THC Ministries claims to have a “religious” or “spiritual” purpose, but the fact is that no serious discussion of, “using pot religiously” is EVER had here, nor has there ever been such discussion as far as I can tell. No discussion that is, other than what I’ve tried to start…only to be ignored every single time for 3 years running. This tells me that the forum and the, “movement” if you will, is just a phony-baloney cover for potheads who are looking for a Constitutional loophole to smoke their Herb without legal harassment. I’ll admit that’s a clever way to try to get around these evil laws which compose the, “drug war”, but I must also admit that this place has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with, “religion” or the “religious use” of anything, nor is anyone here seriously interested in a spiritual focus in conjunction with the Herb. I asked the so-called “Elders” of this “church” to simply define the word, “ministry” (in the context of THC Ministry) and nobody could even offer a superficial one. I asked for a definition of the word, “Elders” (in the context of the Elders of THC Ministry”) and nobody could give one, nor could they even begin to describe the supposed duties of these “elder” in this “church”. Fact is they don’t have any, and they are not “elders” of any kind. Nor is this a, “ministry” since it has no practitioners of any kind, and it advocates no doctrine or philosophy. It does not seek to really improve the world, and its’ efforts to ‘minister” are non-existent.

4)Along these same lines the geniuses at the top of this purposeless heap created a website/group called “FUCOK” (First Universal Church of Kantheism) or “FUCK” for short. The website, if it still exists, says almost nothing and appears to be just juvenile reactionism to the drug war and the “establishment”. I can sympathize somewhat with the sentiment, and in fact I volunteered to help, (an offer to which I got no response). But the most telling feature of this aborted nonsense is that like all other things THC, the people involved couldn’t even stay interested in their own idea long enough to make anything of it. There it sits without completion, making little to no sense after how many years of remaining idle? I forget now, but the whole thing is certainly in perfect accord with the pattern already set.

5)After some haggling, I suggested that members here make use of the chat room feature of the forum. We came up with a time to meet and Ferre sent out reminders to all the thousands of members. At least, that’s what he claimed to be doing. Funny though, I only received one of those, and so did my friend who has never posted and who rarely frequents this place. They went on for many weeks and we never did get another reminder. I asked why this was so, and Ferre couldn’t be bothered explaining. Anyway, those chats I did come to were attended by perhaps an average of 4-6 people….4-6 people out of tens of thousands?...what’s wrong with this picture? The so-called, “elders” dropped in whenever they felt like it, which wasn’t often. Those that did show up had little to say about anything Herbal, they seemed more interested in idle gossip with no purpose, just like the majority of posts on the forum. I quit coming to those because they served no purpose, and I apparently, was the only one concerned with that. I can only assume the whole thing faded away and no one gave a damn or gave it a second thought.

6)On the forum I brought up the idea of spiritual community based upon Herb and meditation. This idea seemed to amuse a few people for a while, but then the whole thing was just forgotten. I get the impression that it was too real and too serious for anyone to really talk about with purpose.

7)I recently presented two items of implicit interest to the forum….a movie project based upon Herb and the expansion of consciousness, as well as a potential letter to Congress-people about the “war on terror”. The input to both of these suggestions was of two types…superficial nonsense or comments to the effect of “it will never work, it’s not worth doing, so why bother?” This exemplifies perfectly the attitude around here. The REAL issue as I see it is NOT that such things have no chance of success, but that in SAYING they have no chance is to get an “easy-out” of any and all ACTION which might actually make a difference in the world. It is after all far easier to immediately say something won’t work than to DO THE WORK it takes to accomplish something. But you see, THC isn’t about accomplishing anything.

Shall I go on? I could you know…but what would be the point? The bottom line here is that the forum is composed, (like all other forums I’ve ever seen) of egotists. Egotists don’t REALLY care about anything but their self image. Sure they’d like to look like they care, but that’s a different thing than REALLY CARING isn’t it? Basically, if a post or thread doesn’t spark the egos of those involved then it has no interest for them, and to hell with the truth or anything else. And that is the way it will stay until the forum and in fact society in general gets off the ego-pot and gets focused on the truth, (reality).

For these reasons and others I am leaving the forum for good, and I want all my thread-starting posts removed. I’m sure that this will be a relief to many of the regulars here, and the rest couldn’t care less anyway.
IntrepidEZJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rishi.

You have simply lost some faith in yourself, but stay strong my friend.

Mountains are not moved overnight.

You are a leader, you are one of the 1 percent. You cannot expect the 99 to so readily grasp your ideals so quickly.

Take a look at Ron Paul. This man has been dedicated to public service for many, many years now.

ONLY NOW, are people finding out about him, FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.

The writings of Mark Twain, and others, have had a tremendous influence on my life. This was a man who lived well over 100 years ago.

I have wanted to study your teachings for quite some time, but I have not made time for it. The time will come, and it would be a great disservice to all if you took your material, your life, your teachings, off of this website.

Do not lose faith, do not lose steam. You are as great as the greats.

Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Maybe it's not time for your ideas yet, but the time will come. Hopefully, it will be sooner, than later. You are a gem, and should be recognized as such.
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a lot of frustrations brother Rishi, and a lot of misunderstandings and mis-assumptions too.

Give me a litte time and I'll answer all your points one-by-one.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
IntrepidEZJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferre wrote:
Wow, that's a lot of frustrations brother Rishi, and a lot of misunderstandings and mis-assumptions too.

Give me a litte time and I'll answer all your points one-by-one.

Before you go off on him, if and only if that is your intent, just know that he feels unattached at the moment.

You don't want to lose this guy.

Let me yell a little louder.

You don't want to lose THIS guy!

If anything, look at this post as opening the discussion, and don't look at it as Rishi's exit.

This man has poured an incredible amount of time into these subjects, time that many of us did not, or had not, even thought of devoting.

We cannot lose this one. I'm not even a regular visitor anymore, but the number 1 thing on my mind when I returned, was what Rishi was doing.

I'm sorry I didn't state it out in the open, as all humans need to feel appreciated. I for one appreciate Rishi greatly, and I don't know the man, nor do I converse with him.
Ferre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya brother, and don't worry, Rishi would be the last person I'd want to "go off on", and that's not my intention at all, as he probably already knows from an email I had send him today, before I had read his last post. me too appreciate Rishi greatly and I think he under-estimates the value that his opinions and writings really have, and I also think he underestimates the impact his teachings have on many individuals in our community.

I think his greatest beef is a lack of participation in practical ideas and a lack of feedback as well which adds to a certain amount of frustration.

As I said, give me some time and I'll answer all his points one by one. It's sad that he already removed the posts from the forum he moderated, I could have shown him the many times those posts are actually READ but sadly that's too late. Apparently his ego got in the way and he "had to" make a statement. Sad, especially sad because in the entire existance of these boards not one single post has ever been deleted and we have a strong policy against that.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really too bad.

Rishi was and is appreciated -- but simply didn't know it.

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: