THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Proposed Constitutional Ammendment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slide
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Proposed Constitutional Ammendment Reply with quote

Following is a proposed Constitutional Amendment which if passed could give additional defences to those who believe as we do.

The amendment does use the word God but personally I feel that one could argue your view of God is Nature, the human spirit, or whatever, who ever or how ever you choose to view a higher power. Your higher power may be the cannabis plant!

The part I like is the first sentence

Quote:
To secure the people's right to acknowledge God according to the dictates of conscience

A MAJOR part of how I acknowledge or connect to the Divine is the use of cannabis. And my prayers and positive thoughts and wishes reach the heavens, in part, aided by the smoke of my sacrament.

Quote:

109th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. J. RES. 57

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States protecting religious freedom.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

June 30, 2005

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification, and is intended to include protection of the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, the display of the Ten Commandments, and voluntary school prayer:

`Article --

` To secure the people's right to acknowledge God according to the dictates of conscience:

`The people retain the right to pray and to recognize their religious beliefs, heritage, and traditions on public property, including schools.

`The United States and the States shall not establish any official religion nor require any person to join in prayer or religious activity.'.

http://religiousfreedom.house.gov/text.htm

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c109:4:./temp/~c109Aab2dC::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Freedom_Restoration_Act
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beauty of that is taking a while to soak in to my brain.

The fact that it contains the words "God" "Prayer" and "Schools" will make the theo-cons jump right on board!!

FOX News and Rush "Pass-the-Scotch-and-Oxycontin" Limbaugh will be shouting it from the roof-tops.

That's what it TAKES.

Yet...we, too, will benefit from it. I am in awe.

Thanks for finding that, Slide!

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Slide

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will probably be difficult to pass do to the inclusion of the words God, Prayer and schools. But my little mind can see many ways that positive benefit could come to those of the cannabis faith.

Can you imagine, I'm sorry but you can't take my student loan away for having my sacrament in my dorm room. I am protected under this constitutional amendment! Very Happy
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slide wrote:
It will probably be difficult to pass do to the inclusion of the words God, Prayer and schools.

In a Republican controlled legislature, it will glide through. I think, after that, it requires ratification by 2/3rds of the states...usually with a 7 year deadline.

Quote:
But my little mind can see many ways that positive benefit could come to those of the cannabis faith.
Can you imagine, I'm sorry but you can't take my student loan away for having my sacrament in my dorm room. I am protected under this constitutional amendment! Very Happy

Oh Yes! I can see that! With crystal clarity. I love it.

Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Nice find! Reply with quote

Hello out there,

Aloha. A super find, Slide. Nice going.

Some of the wording about the 'dictates of our conscience' are included in a few, if not more, State Constitution's section on 'Religious Freedom'. I know what my conscience advises me to do. :-}

Much love and respect to one and all,

Roger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: