THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Prohibition - Re: "Family bravely battles to defeat dem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KanMan
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Prohibition - Re: "Family bravely battles to defeat dem Reply with quote

Prohibition - Re: "Family bravely battles to defeat demon drug," Feb. 17.

Anyone see the LTE I wrote that was published February 22 / 07 in the Calgary Herald?
I was just told about it by a friend. I noticed MAP does not have it listed.

Futile
Prohibition - Re: "Family bravely battles to defeat demon drug," Feb. 17.

They have my contact information on record so the local media does not even bother to phone me when they want to publish the LTE's I write them.

Below is what I wrote....

Family Bravely Battles To Defeat Demon Drug
Pubdate: Sat, 17 Feb 2007
Author: Valerie Fortney, Calgary Herald

How many more people have similar stories? I can tell you at the very least it is millions of Canadians alone.
Do we build the necessary treatment centres to treat these people? No of course not. We continue to ignore the facts and use prohibition laws to just to imprison drug addicts. Wasting millions of dollars annually on creating criminals out of drug consumers and drug abusers. Prohibition has proven it only creates even more harm adding to the harm addictive drugs cause us all already. Recorded history has told us people will do drugs, gamble, etc.., in other words humans will take risks. Threatened with expensive long prison terms and even death humans still consume drugs. Drugs regulated like alcohol is the only real safe answer at this point in time. Stop the harm caused by prohibition, regulate, tax, educate. Use the billions saved and build/fund treatment centres and fund research in to better ways to stop or at least reduce the harm caused by drug addictions.

Keith Fagin
(403)-***-****
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Legislation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: