THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Plastic: What's in it, and is it safe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Health and Food issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Plastic: What's in it, and is it safe? Reply with quote

Quote:
Plastic: What's in it, and is it safe?

January 2, 2007
By Romana King, CBC News

We bathe with it, clean with it, play with it and eat off it. Plastic. It's a petroleum engineer's dream and a product manufacturer's best friend. It allows for lighter, tougher and better packaging and provides cheaper options for gifts and merchandise.

Yet, the very substance that revolutionized consumer goods may actually be harming us.

Plastic is raising concerns among researchers that in some forms it may be toxic and dangerous — not only to the environment but also to human health. While it's everywhere in modern society, there are options for those who want to minimize the use of plastic.

READ MORE...

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferre,

Due to my work I have a big interest in UPVC, and it is the chemicals in the manufacture of the plastic that is the problem, whats good is that plastic takes a long time to decompose, so the carbons and chemicals are imprisoned and released over a thousand years instead of months like paper. there is also bad chemicals in the manufacture of paper.

I remember when I was 16 my friend was looking for work and we walk into a warehouse. There stood a guy stiring a pot of what smelt like contact adhesive. My friend asked where the office was, the guy looked up and straight through us and mumbled. My friend said "sorry I didn't get that, say it again". The guy lefted his arm and pointed, but waved it around and mumbled louder. My friend said "Thank you" and we never went back. You can imagine the guy running to work in the morning with a limp mumbling "Stir pot, stir pot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Health and Food issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: