THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Pastor charged with cultivating marijuana at rectory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Pastor charged with cultivating marijuana at rectory Reply with quote

Quote:
Pastor charged with cultivating marijuana at rectory. Second man accused of trafficking; 35 plants seized
By Gina Mace and Colette M. Jenkins
Beacon Journal writers

The three books confiscated by Norton police seemed out of place in the private office of a Catholic priest.

Opium for the Masses. Marijuana Growers Guide. Marijuana Medicine.

But police said what was going on in the Prince of Peace Catholic Church rectory had little to do with church business.

Following a search of the residence and office of the Rev. Richard A. Arko, Norton police announced Thursday they had arrested the 40-year-old pastor on a charge of illegal cultivation of marijuana.

A second man, Jensen J. Powell, 24, who is unemployed and living at the four-bedroom Shannon Avenue rectory, was charged with trafficking in marijuana.

Both are fifth-degree felonies carrying prison sentences of six months to a year.

Police confiscated not only the books but also 35 marijuana plants ranging from 6 inches to 4 feet, grow lights, electric transformers and air purifiers, all from a room that police said was being used to grow marijuana.

According to police, the plants were growing in a second-floor bedroom of the rectory.

Police took two baggies of marijuana and $1,100 in cash from Powell. They allege that Powell was selling marijuana from the residence.

Both men appeared Thursday before Barberton Municipal Judge Michael McNulty.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/7774977.htm

Wellwhatdoyaknow??!! Shocked

Hehe, I guess someone should have told that pastor about the THC Ministry's. rofl stinky

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rev. Chazman
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That they were mixed up with selling is a blow that hurts us all. Thats what comes to mind for me anyway.

Peace
THC-Ministry "we use Cannabis religiously and you can to" http://www.thc-ministry.org/
Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints.
CDXX Peace Time IV:XX ** Rev.Chazman-Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The 'War on Drugs' All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: