THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Organic or value for money

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Health and Food issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Organic or value for money Reply with quote

New taste study just carried out on four chickens.

1) Forced raised smart price.
2) corn feed forced raised.
3) free range.
4) organic

and they came in favourite in that combination, and not because of the price. it shocked the judges.

price range between £2.99--£7.99.

Is organic better or just a scam?
What are the long term health implications?
Are the cheap chickens ladened with harmful chemicals?
can we believe anything we read?

I'm vegetarian so I don't give a fuck, but it does raises a need to know. Fuck the war are we healthy?
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer organic, those forced raised chickens are full of antibiotics and other chemicals to keep them alive in the bad circumstances they grow up.

Of course, when "popularity" is the measurement the cheapest product usually wins the popularity contest but that's not how I personally rate my food.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When half the population are
Quote:
full of antibiotics and other chemicals to keep them alive in the bad circumstances they grow up.
I think spending 2.5 times more on organic for some is unreasonable. Personally I don't think there should be a price difference. At the end of the day we're all just worker ants or canon fodder. Who knows what to eat now days.
Ferre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on how to look at it, for me spending 2.5 times less to get a product full of antibiotics and other crap is unreasonable. the only way those chicken factories (NOT farms) can produce such a cheap product is by using not only ethically immoral techniques but their end product is not even healthy for humans.

People are somehow conditoned to believe that the "norm" for prices of food is what the mass producers ask, thereby totally ignoring that this is not the actual "norm", the actual norm is what a healthy product costs to produce, all the rest is just cheap alternatives but people don't realize those are cheap alternatives for real food, they believe that the real stuff is "expensive"

It's that line of thinking that makes a market for "soap bars" in some areas, people smoke that garbage because of the price and those people who smoke it find real hash "too expensive".

Wheter it is hash or chickens, quality does reflect on the price, it's a choice for every induvidual to make what they want to put in their bodies.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll take the organic. People don't know what tastes good these days. They think the poisoned meat is the good stuff because it's all they eat! Also, some of the stuff they call organic doesn't mean it's not genetically modified crap chickens anyway. I am very leary about any meat these days. They pack meat with co2 to make it stay red when it should have turned brown because it's garbage.

I have changed my diet drastically over the last year. I eat mostly vegetables, salads, and high fiber foods. I get a good bit of my protein from beans and other stuff instead of red meat and chicken. There is a definite problem with the taste of most meats in the US. The quality has gone WAY down hill. Almost ALL packaged foods in the US have meat in them that I swear is like the meat in dog food, fake processed mush meat. Blech..

I'll take the cleanest organic foods I can get now. No doubt.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Health and Food issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: