THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Oldest evidence of hasheesh..some help please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pantagruel
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Oldest evidence of hasheesh..some help please Reply with quote

Dear ministry friends

I twant to know if someone can update me on the oldest (archeological/scientific) finds of hasheesh...i have this information from Hans Georg Behr that hash was found near Berlin in a 4th century grave.
Now this is the oldest european evidence but how about other finds and literature of the old world and asia.....anybody has some sources?

Thank you all
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Circa 500+ A.D. Reply with quote

Dear brother,

Aloha. A quick search and I found this reference for you. It's a bit vague, but yet another piece of the hashish puzzle.

"Marijuana, from its stronghold in India, moved westward through Persia, Assyria and Arabia by 500 A.D. With the rising power of Islam, marijuana flourished flourished in a popular form as hashish."

http://www.walnet.org/rosebud/ancienthistory.html

All the best to you and yours!

Roger

P.S. It's good to see you here. I hope we get to meet in person some day soon as I greatly respect what I know of you and your family. Mahalo for your contributions to Cannabis hemp.

@@@
Pepper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another link to another piece of archeological evidence.

Drug Trade Thrived in Biblical Times
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bro...

Here's some more: http://www.forbiddenfruitpublishing.com/chris/

Quite a few articles there.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
~ Ancient Mayan: "I am another YOU." ~
Pantagruel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you very much for all the help from all of you at the minitery
I forgott about the israel find thanks for reminding me to that one.
If any of you find more please let me know...any refernces in archeologie or literature any reliable source is great

Thanks again all for your input..keep smiling and happy

P.S. Sure I would like to meet up one day Roger, thanks for all your good work....see you one day soon Wink
RogerChristie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: The origin of hash? Reply with quote

Hello Pantagruel and everyone,

Aloha. I just found this reference in a comic book from 1976 called "Dr. Atomic, The Pipe and Dope Book" issue number 4.

The author says that hashish was created in the area of Mazar-I-Sharif in northern Afghanistan around 1500 B.C. by a man named Qu who is often referred to as Baba Qu or Baba Quey.

Connecting the dots.

All the best hash to you!

Roger

@@@
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The author says that hashish was created in the area of Mazar-I-Sharif in northern Afghanistan around 1500 B.C. by a man named Qu who is often referred to as Baba Qu or Baba Quey.

Well, Brightest Blessings upon Baba Quey! We should erect a statue!

In fact, it's a good thing we're not going to have any more kids... or I'd be tempted to saddle the next one with that delightful moniker! Laughing

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
Pantagruel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High again....this is basically what I have been using many years as asource but should be updated: http://mojo.calyx.net/~olsen/HEMP/IHA/jiha5208.html

I found this source of a german guy Christian Ratch on this message board about paganism..the interresting parts are all in english so ignore the dutch: http://www.nederlandsheidendom.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25279&sid=2f77487fe55a19188e286a70675a1f5b

happyness and good fortune to you all

Alan
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, Pantagruel. Very helpful with some research I'm doing.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
Chris Bennett
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oxford archeologist Andrew Sherrat points to the use of cannabis incenses at a gravesite of a group known as the Proto-Indo-Europeans, the Kurgans, who occupied what is know Romania 5,000 years ago. The discovery of a smoking-cup which contained remnants of charred hemp seeds at the site documents that 3,000 years before Christ humanity had already been using cannabis for religious purposes for millennia.
Don Quixote

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

i believe that probably the oldest documented uses of Cannabis sacrament come from Tibet , India and China.

here is a link dating Cannabis use back 10,000 years in Taiwan ------>

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/history/first12000/abel.htm

all three used Cannabis both religeously and medicinaly.there is considerable evidence that the Vedic scriptures from India are copied from original Sanscrit scriptures dating back over 10,000 years and more.

Also , i think Herodotus mentions the Scythians using cannabis.

many of the more ancient African tribes are known to have used Cannabis for various purposes , industrial , medicinal and religious.

then you have the Arab peoples who undoubtetly traded hashish along the mighty caravan routes , particulrly the Beduin.in my lifetime they still used to trade in Cannabis , although the silk road has long since been blocked by closed borders and war.

in the days before standardised currency exchanges the world traded in gold , silver , spices silk and Hashish. it would have been an important commodity and currency going back thousands of years.

i would be interested in finding out about the most ancient examples of Hemp cloth and paper.

i also believe that cannabis was indigenous to 'the Americas' long before they were invaded by columbus.this would suggest that Cannabis was around before the the great continents were split apart by asteroid impacts.

the problem i have found is that a lot of these more ancient races didn't leave written documents about their histories.their traditions were oral.this probably means we should be looking for accounts writen by other peoples who had both a written history and a propensity for travel.

PEACE.

Chris Bennett
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10,000 year old Taiwanese evidence is for hemp cloth. !0,000 year old sanskrit texts are sort of like the book of Genesis, based on myths not historical records. From what I have looked at hemp came to the Americas with the Europeans.
Don Quixote

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes sorry folks.

i wasn't very clear about what i was saying.

ok - with regards to the sanskrit scriptures - if a 10'000 year old book speaks of Cannabis and hashish does it not follow that the people who wrote that book had a knowledge of Cannabis and hashish 10'000 years ago ?it seems to me that this must be so.the knowledge in the book must be at least as old as the book - no?

with regards to the 10'000 year old samples of Taiwanese hemp cloth and fishing nets - i think it is highly unlikely that these people did not discover the 'intoxicating' effects of hemp.bear in mind that natural , wild hemp does in fact have a high THC content.it is covered in resin which readily rubs off onto the skin when it is handled.my reason for thinking this is based on my little knowledge of the Nepalese.before 'drug barons' started cash-cropping Cannabis in Nepal , the finest temple ball hash was produced from wild stands of hemp.NOT from cultivated hemp.this was the same hemp which was used forr a 1001 industrial uses.

it is only due to the pressure of the UN and EC that 'modern' industrial hemp has been bred to have a low THC content.

with regards to 'the Americas' - sorry but i have to dis-agree.if you were to travel to south and central America the local , indigenous people would tell you a very different story about the origins of Cannabis.they would insist that they knew hemp long before they were invaded by savages from europe.

has anyone ever tested the cannabis in the highlands to see if it related to hemp from the 'old world' ? - no.

has anyone examined the samples of cloth from places like the Nazca plains or the Oaxacan highlands etc...etc...? - no.

the 'civilised' west is so busy spreading lies about human sacrifice and such bull that they havent even began to interpret the langauge and belief of these people.we know nothing about their way of life because we have been trying to eradicate their culture.

you only have to look at their cities and compare that to the nonsense written by europeans to realise.NOBODY ever took the time to ask the local people.we assume that they are lying or mistaken.i guess history and science are written by the conquerer and not the vanquished.

i am certain that Cannabis existed in South America long before columbus - why? because i have been told that by indigenous people from different parts of the Americas.

the point i am making is this - if you want to know how long the Bedu have been trading Cannabis resin - you have to go ask them.

by the way.the oldest samples of hemp from europe originates from Ireland and England.strangly , it then spread EAST from there , although you would have expected it to have been spread in the opposte direction - ie east to west assuming it did originate in the Himalayan lowlands.

It seems to me that there is so much religious and cultural racism inherent within most western science and literature , not to mention the genocidal war against cannabis users that we must start to look elswhere for answeres.

but then - what the f*ck do i know anyway.i am just a peyone writting on a forum.

sorry i know non of this is any help.its just that when i read about cannabis i seem to be reading words written by europeans.
why the hell doesnt someone ask these indigenous peoples.
we seem so reluctant to accept their knowledge unless it has been 'certified' by some proffesor with a degree from europe.
odd considering europeans were probably the last people to discover this miraculous plant.

PEACE.

Chris Bennett
High and aware
High and aware

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their is no 10.000 year old book of any kind in existence and The oldest coppies of the Vedas in existence are not even close to that date. Hemp cloth does not equal hashish. Archeological evidence is more reliable than indigenous stories. Do you want facts or myths?
Mystic Power

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you want facts or myths?

Your point is well taken, Chris.

For an overall snapshot of the Human experience, I believe I'd like to have both facts and mythology.

We tend to talk to ourselves in stories. Still do, really. I think they're quite important, though not as weighty as hard-core facts a proveable data.

Our mythologies are a part of who we are, as a species, and reveal a lot about where we've been and how we got to where we are, now.

Follow Your Bliss,
Ben

"In Lak'ech"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: