THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
nuna 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> General news topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldmanmozz
Honourable member
Honourable member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: nuna 2 Reply with quote

hey, the dutchies are winning the solar car race here.Its from where I live in Darwin to Adelaide my birthplace in southern aussie (3500 K)

I wonder if they bought any cookies Rolling Eyes

nah not really, but good effort really, it would be really hot going through centre.

maybe you one day Rev. Ferre, spreading THE message, cheers an cones Mozz
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thank you for that information oldmanmozz, I found the latest updates here :

http://www.wsc.org.au/latestupdates.htm

And pictures of the vehicles in this race here :

http://www.wsc.org.au/photographs.htm gallery

Cheers. jpint

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oldmanmozz
Honourable member
Honourable member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dont worry about pics, I'm in the trunk or hidden somewhere when they ship the car back home. See ya soon Rev. Laughing

cheers an cones Mozz (not really to cold)
oldmanmozz
Honourable member
Honourable member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEAM Nuon Solar celebrated in style following their record-breaking win in the World Solar Challenge yesterday.

The champagne and beer flowed for the Dutch team, who cooled their heels with a dip in the Victoria Square fountain after completing the 3010km Darwin to Adelaide race in just 30 hours and 54 minutes.

With an average speed of 97km/h, the Nuna II was almost two hours quicker than the team's own 2001 record set in Nuon Solar.

Team manager Diederik Kinds said the celebrations were likely to last long into the night.

"I'm going to get very drunk, party like hell for sure," Mr Kinds said.

"It is fantastic, the sweet taste of victory.

"We drove fantastically, we had no big problems on the road.

"The car performed well, the team performed superb, so we're very happy.

"Today we had such a good battery pack, we just couldn't go faster than the speed limit."

Nuna II team member Marc Olsthoorn, who drove the car over the finish line, said the team took nothing for granted.

"It's incredible, we had to concentrate until we crossed the finish line because anything could have happened," he said.

"The others aren't that far away."

Event director Chris Selwood challenged NASA to support a US team to challenge the European Space Agency-backed Dutch in the 2005 race.

"I want to lay down a gauntlet to NASA to support one of the American teams . . . with NASA technology," he said.

Victorian entrant Aurora was second over the timing line at Angle Vale – 1 hour and 10 minutes behind Nuna II, after being granted a 10-minute extension to finish the race.

The Aurora will arrive in Victoria Square about 8.30am today.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology entry Tesseract was 20 minutes further back – agonisingly close to the final line.

The first SA entrant, the SA Solar Car Consortium, is eighth – stopping 5km north of Coober Pedy last night. They are due in Adelaide on Friday.

Mannum High School's entry Christine was last night in Alice Springs.

good stuff Mozz
Echo
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Nuon Solar!!!
bigok music claps dance rocker weldone

Echo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> General news topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: