THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
AustraliaBasqueBulgariaCanadaChinaEgyptFranceGreeceIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIrelandJamaicaJapanJordanLatviaMexicoNetherlandsNew Zealand
NorwaySpainPakistanLebanonPeruPolandPeurto RicoRomaniaRussiaSingaporeSouth AfricaSudanSwedenThailandTurkeyUnited KingdomUSAUzbekistan
Now what

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilycreek
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Now what Reply with quote

Ok, I joined THC ministry, got my ordination (that was too easy) and I'm thouroughly enjoying this cyber place and want to get going spreading the word, so now what?

Do I have to purchase the kit? Cuz I don't got the $200 right now Embarassed
I'd also like to get a bit more educated, where can I go for more THC ministry Education?
The Spirit of Yahweh God is upon me, because Yahweh has anointed me to bring good tidings to the afflicted; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound... (Isaiah 61:1-2)
Lilli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.thc-ministry.org
the home site has alot of info join there too. bloem dove
Build you a website and start your THC Ministry for your area.
" I pass to you the torch that Christ once passed to me, others are still in the dark an need the light to see"
RogerChristie
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: A good question... Reply with quote

...deserves good answers.

Aloha Lilycreek,

Thanks for your inquiry. Sister Lilli has the beginning answer. Go to
www.thc-ministry.org and get some more education. It's easy and fun and it lasts for life!

Then ask your State government to send you a hard copy of the State Constitution where you live. Look-up the 'religious freedom' section. That's the guarantee, in writing, of freedom for:

a. sincere cannabis 'practitioners' who are
b. legitimate,
c. have a mandate to use cannabis for spirituality,
d. who grow and use in private - at home or church, and
e. who are not 'in commerce' or selling cannabis.

Bingo! That's (part of) the magic formula for freedom. Don't you love it?

I also recommend that you find out what it takes for a brand new minister (you) to marry people in your State. Whatever 'it' is, please apply for it and obtain it. You'll be happy you did. You don't have to marry anyone - ever, however it adds to your 'legitimacy' in the eyes of the law, or a jury.

Pretty soon your question-marks ? will all be turned into exclamation marks! That's part of my job here and I love my work. There's also much help and support from the other wonderful members of this e-ministry, as you have already noticed. Nice job, people! :-}

You can order a Cannabis Sanctuary Legal Defense Kit when you're good and ready. It's optional at first, but mandatory for those who start new ministries. We avoid 'ministry malpractice' by preparing and educating our
ministers as properly and easily as we can. Before you spread the word to others it helps to be ready to do so. The kit does that job very well.

Any other questions? Ask away whenever you feel the need.

All the very best to you,

Roger
lilycreek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Roger and Lilli.

Sounds like I got my work cut out for me after all Wink
The Spirit of Yahweh God is upon me, because Yahweh has anointed me to bring good tidings to the afflicted; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound... (Isaiah 61:1-2)
Mystic Power
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup
admin THC-Ministry YahooGroup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lilycreek! I'd have said hello sooner, but you must have slipped under my radar....

....I'll blame it on the hurricane diverting my attention. I have about a 10 day window where I can blame everything on the hurricane before having to assume personal responsibility again... Laughing

Welcome to the THC Ministry. You've got some solid advice from Roger and Lilli, and I think you'll do just fine. Lots to learn, but it's about one of your favorite topics, so...

Brightest Blissings
Ben Power
lilycreek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ben,
Cool Avatar you got Laughing Great to have an excuse for at least 10 days, who knows you could try and keep using it, i.e. the hurricane was emotionally upsetting, caused intermittent memory loss, time and space warp ? Just some ideas Smile

I just gotta get time to get the "paperwork" done and build a website for myself, I'm always too busy building everyone elses Crying or Very sad (That's my excuse window )

I do have one more ? How bout the Holy Oil, I want to make some (don't have 9 lbs of cannabis though Shocked Is there anywhere I can find the recipe and other herbs in it, or do I need to buy the kit before I'm allowed to make it?

@rtfullly,
Karen lee

Last edited by lilycreek on Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
TSRev.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the blue letter Bible NKJV; Exodus 30.22
Moreover the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Exd 30:23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred [shekels], and of sweet cinnamon half so much, [even] two hundred and fifty [shekels], and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty [shekels],

Exd 30:24 And of cassia five hundred [shekels], after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin:

Exd 30:25 And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil.

From the Bible on the web; EXD 30.22 Moreover, the LORD said to Moses, 23 "Take the finest spices: of liquid myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet-smelling cinnamon half as much, that is, two hundred and fifty, and of aromatic cane two hundred and fifty, 24 and of cassia five hundred, according to the shekel of the sanctuary, and of olive oil a hin; 25 and you shall make of these a sacred anointing oil blended as by the perfumer; a holy anointing oil it shall be.

New Living Bible translation;
Exd 30:22 22 Then the Lord said to Moses,
Exd 30:23 23 "Collect choice spices-121/2 pounds of pure myrrh, 61/4 pounds* each of cinnamon and of sweet cane,
Exd 30:24 24 121/2 pounds of cassia, and one gallon* of olive oil.
Exd 30:25 25 Blend these ingredients into a holy anointing oil.
Footnote:
Hebrew 500 shekels [5.7 kilograms] of cassia, according to the sanctuary shekel, and 1 hin [3.8 liters].
New Living Translation © 1996 Tyndale Charitable Trust

I have seen many arguments about the formula and whether mistakes were made in various translations of the Bible from ancient Hebrew/Aramaic/Latin/Old English/English.
I wish I were able to read the original language myself.
Calamus/sweet cane? I see two different translations of this in the Bible versions.

And further- two different possibilities for what calamus is;

cal·a·mus [kálləməss]
n
1. Asian palm: a tropical Asian palm tree, some species of which are used for rattan.
Genus: Calamus
2. See sweet flag
3. root of sweet flag: the aromatic root of the sweet flag plant, the source of an aromatic oil used in perfumery

I must stop now for lunch, but will post some more on this later. TS rev.
RogerChristie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Holy anointing oil - Exodus 30:23 Reply with quote

Hello Lilycreek and everyone,

Aloha. Thanks for asking about making 'holy anointing oil'.

As far as I'm concerned 'intention' is a key ingredient in this recipe. Also a super clean environment, hands and a desire to heal is necessary for me. I make it on the full moon each month, so far, for extra good energy. I'm learning by doing so I'm open to always improving, too.

The recipe calls for the choicest of ingredients, 'principle spices', the best you can find. The base is olive oil so it's pretty easy to find an exceptional, organic quality of that. As for myrrh, cinnamon bark and cassia I'm now using Tiferet from Oregon (541) 344-7019 and Jerusalem 624-6907, but I'm told that Young Living has THE premier oils going. When I need to re-order I'm going there next. As far as the bud, well, your very best stash is called for and I find it's worth it.

Some day soon hopefully someone with a mathematical mind will help take the Old Testament recipe and break it down precisely into increments.
Shekels of spices and a hin of olive oil = ? I have translated that down to a managable amount to work with, but I would like some help to see how accurate I have been. Any slide-rule people among us?

Yesterday I used one cup of premium, organic olive oil as the base.

I ground-up one quarter of an ounce, or seven grams of spectacular buds in a coffee-grinder and added it to the oil in a Pyrex measuring cup.

I heat the oil in a double-boiler, in otherwords I sit the pyrex cup in a pot of boiling water and turn the heat off. The oil and the bud gets plenty hot through the glass, enough to infuse the ground-up buds into the oil. (cannabis is fat-soluable) Stir with a chop-stick.

Then add the other spices to the mixture, one drop at a time in the proportion mentioned in Exodus 30:23.

Myrrh resin essential oil
Cinnamon bark essential oil and
Cassia (cinnamon leaf) essential oil

Stir and pray. Then I strain-out the ground buds and pour into smaller bottles, each with an eye-dropper top.

Is that it? I think so. This is a crucial recipe for healing and I'm open to always doing a better job of it as time goes on. I'm self-taught in the 'art of the apothecary', as they say in the Bible. Anyone out there who can add or subtract any wisdom from this formula is most welcome to do so.

All the very best to you,

Roger
TSRev.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPs, I somehow left out my preamble in my previous post and got into scripture chasing--I am very interested in the annointing oil myself.
I am glad to see Roger is answering here as well, meant to refer to some evidence on his website as well.

I do have some more to share about weights and measures from the Bible and I will post more soon.
The New Living Bible translation has modern measures in it.(in my previous post)
lilycreek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this conversion at
http://www.cannabisculture.com/backissues/cc11/christ.html
But it does'nt give the other measurements

nine pounds Shocked of flowering cannabis tops extracted into a hind (about 6.5 litres) of olive oil, along with a variety of other herbs and spices.

BTW finding quality bud in my neck of the woods is almost impossible.
TSRev.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find in Encarta;cas·sia [káshə]
n
1. tree with scented bark: an evergreen Asian tree with an aromatic bark.
Latin name: Cinnamomum aromaticum
2. aromatic bark: the bark of the cassia tree

So we are at;
#1 Myrrh-500 shekels

#2Cinnamon-250 shekels

#3sweet cane/cannabis-250 shekels

#4 Cassia-500 shekels

#5 olive oil-1 hin

At this point in the Bible a shekel is mentioned as a weight, later it becomes known as coins/weight.
I find no clear coversion to modern weights except for in my New English Oxford Study Edition Bible;shekel=11.5 gram. and the New Living Bible translation equals the same, 500 shekels divided by 5.7kg=87 shekel per kg, 1kg divided by87=11.49g.
1 oz =28.5 gram so 28.5 Divided by 11.5=2.48 shekel per oz..

The Hin in NEOSEB is 12 log, a log being .99 of a pint, therefor a hin=approximately 1.5 gallon.

NLB says 3.8 liter of olive oil. This is equal to about a gallon of oil. more difference of opinion here.If we average those two we get 1.25 gal. (160floz)or4.7liter.

Sooo, we get to a formula used in baking that is called a" part" system. This system, once you convert to it, allows you to make recipes for between 1 and however many servings you need. We find the smallest common part, or unit in the recipe, then it is easy to multiply all the other parts of the recipie by their part/ratio to make as many servings as you want-one or an army to feed.

In this formula the herbs are in shekels, two of them in twice the amounts-or parts as the others and the oil is in 1 hin unit.
So we reduce(divide by 250 )to single shekel size- 11.5 gram or.4 of an ounce and our Biblical recipie is;
2 parts myrrh-23gram
1 part cinnamon-11.5gram
1 part sweet cane/cannabis-11.5g
2 parts cassia-23g
1 part oil=18.8ml oil - (our hin-4.7 liter ,or 4700ml divided by 250=18.8ml)

In clunky old English system it comes out about like this;shekel is= .4 oz,
oil part is almost 4 teaspoon. (5 ml per teaspoon, and we got 18.8ml)

This seems kinda on the dry side, especially if some of the ingredients were dry.
Maybe I like the oil size that lillycreek found- at 6.5 liter/hin we would get an oil part of 6500 divided by250=26ml or a little over 5 teaspoons.

You all better check my math to make sure I did not goof up too bad Smile
TSRev.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looking into this more,I found http://bible.ort.org/intro1.asp?lang=1
This is a comprehensive translation site of the Torah and Bible.

It describes the shekel as being 22.8 gram-.8 oz

"sanctuary standard
Literally, 'sanctuary shekel' or 'holy shekel.'

a shekel is 20 gerahs
A gerah is the same as a ma'ah (Targum), a weight equivalent to 1.14 grams. Hence, a shekel is 22.8 grams or 0.8 ounces.

gallon
Hin in Hebrew. Actually 0.97 gallon, or 3.6 liter."
I also read the Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan on Rogers site, he also says a Hin is .97 gallon, or 3.6 liter.

I find the most comfort in these translations to English by Jewish scholars because they have an unbroken oral and written history since Biblical times-before English was a language.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Questions and faqs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: