THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Nearly 500 US dead in Iraq aftermath

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Issues of war and peace
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Nearly 500 US dead in Iraq aftermath Reply with quote

Quote:
From correspondents in Washington
January 12, 2004

THE number of US soldiers killed in Iraq has almost topped 500, with 495 now confirmed dead. The Pentagon originally confirmed today that 504 had died in the nearly 10 months since the US-led coalition invaded the country. However, Pentagon spokesman Megan Grafton today retracted that number, revising it to 495. The toll includes the nine killed when a UH-60 Blackhawk went down in the Iraqi town of Fallujah last week and a recent fatality in Baghdad.

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,8370584%255E401,00.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rokerijdude11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmmmm those are only "REPORTED" deaths
reported by MASS MEDIA
Im sure the number is higher than that
and what of the numbers of wounded? funny how you dont hear those numbers bet theyre large
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ska_Pastora
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about that on the news the other day!
And I personally do think those are the real numbers.
I dont really have much faith in the media, but if the US was covering up a huge loss in troops in Iraq, SOMEONE would speak up!

If not the familys of the dead troops, then the UN, the Iraqis, the troops themselfs... and if not them... the Canadians in Iraq... the British in Iraq.

I dunno... maybe even the little faith I have left in the media is too much.

take it easy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Issues of war and peace All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: