THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher Reply with quote

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080304120710.ad7gm7i6&show_article=1

Quote:
High on Mount Sinai, Moses was on psychedelic drugs when he heard God deliver the Ten Commandments, an Israeli researcher claimed in a study published this week.

Such mind-altering substances formed an integral part of the religious rites of Israelites in biblical times, Benny Shanon, a professor of cognitive psychology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem wrote in the Time and Mind journal of philosophy.

"As far Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effect of narcotics," Shanon told Israeli public radio on Tuesday.

Moses was probably also on drugs when he saw the "burning bush," suggested Shanon, who said he himself has dabbled with such substances.

"The Bible says people see sounds, and that is a clasic phenomenon," he said citing the example of religious ceremonies in the Amazon in which drugs are used that induce people to "see music."

He mentioned his own experience when he used ayahuasca, a powerful psychotropic plant, during a religious ceremony in Brazil's Amazon forest in 1991. "I experienced visions that had spiritual-religious connotations," Shanon said.

He said the psychedelic effects of ayahuasca were comparable to those produced by concoctions based on bark of the acacia tree, that is frequently mentioned in the Bible.

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
who said he himself has dabbled with such substances.
oops, that's him discredited. Laughing
Ferre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is that Moses most probably didn't even exist, there is a huge possibility that this figure, just as Jesus, is just as real as Santa or the Tooth Fairy.

Laughing

Radio Free Amsterdam
David
Bard
Bard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
just as Jesus, is just as real as Santa or the Tooth Fairy.
You can't say that in my house, my kids are waiting for the Tooth Fairy.
Ferre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should. It's that little bit of magic us parents can provide our children before they get to learn about the ugly realities of life.

Laughing

Radio Free Amsterdam
Brother Adam
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go figure an Israeli researcher says Moses was on drugs. They like picking apart the christian religion.

What I find interesting is the more I research the Annunaki tablets (at least Carl Sitchen's interpretation of them) I find that many of the bible's stories are covered in these works that predate Jesus' supposed exhistence by a couple thousand years. Unfortunately, I feel there is also a lot of misinformation about the tablets and their meanings, so it is hard to know who is telling the truth. However, the story is very interesting and gives a much more plausible account of how civilizations of man just popped up with such a vast amount of technology, and it often lacks the repetitive contradictions that the bible contains.

How's that saying go? "Only the names have changed".

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.”

-James Madison

Police officers acquitted for beating a 64 yr old man recently in New Orleans. In the words of their defense attorney "all he had to do was comply"....and they wouldn't have fractured his face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Cannabis, Religion and History All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: