THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index
Monsanto: Worldwide Famine & Starvation Technology

Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Health and Food issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferre
Cannabis Sacrament Minister.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Monsanto: Worldwide Famine & Starvation Technology Reply with quote

Quote:
Monsanto Terminator Technology -- Worldwide Famine & Starvation

Monsanto is in the process of acquiring and patenting their newest technology, known as "Terminator Technology." This technology is currently the greatest threat to humanity. If it is used by Monsanto on a large-scale basis, it will inevitably lead to famine and starvation on a worldwide basis.

Billions of people on the planet are supported by farmers who save seeds from the crops and replant these seeds the following year. Seeds are planted. The crop is harvested. And the seeds from the harvest are replanted the following year. Most farmers cannot afford to buy new seeds every year, so collecting and replanting seeds is a crucial part of the agricultural cycle. This is the way food has been grown successfully for thousands of years.

With Monsanto's terminator technology, they will sell seeds to farmers to plant crops. But these seeds have been genetically-engineered so that when the crops are harvested, all new seeds from these crops are sterile (e.g., dead, unusable). This forces farmers to pay Monsanto every year for new seeds if they want to grow their crops.

In less rich countries, hundreds of millions of people rely heavily on small farms which produce foods for the region. If these farms begin to use Monsanto's terminator technology, and cannot afford to buy new genetically engineered seeds from Monsanto the following year, many of the people in the region may starve. Under normal circumstances, food could be brought in from other regions. However, many of those other regions will likely have the same problems with famine due to Monsanto's terminator technology.

"It's terribly dangerous," says Hope Shand, "half the world's farmers are poor and can't afford to buy seed every growing season, yet poor farmers grow 15 to 20% of the world's food and they directly feed at least 1.4 billion people - 100 million in Latin America, 300 million in Africa, and 1 billion in Asia. These farmers depend upon saved seed and their own breeding skills in adapting other varieties for use on their (often marginal) lands."

What is even more frightening is that traits from genetically-engineered crops can get passed on to other crops. Once the terminator seeds are released into a region, the trait of seed sterility could be passed to other non-genetically-engineered crops making most or all of the seeds in the region sterile.

Camila Montecinos, an agronomist with the Chilean organization, CET, has another concern, "We've talked to a number of crop geneticists who have studied the patent," she says. "They're telling us that it's likely that pollen from crops carrying the Terminator trait will infect the fields of farmers who either reject or can't afford the technology. Their crop won't be affected that season but when farmers reach into their bins to sow seed the following season they could discover - too late - that some of their seed is sterile. This could lead to very high yield losses. If the technology is transmitted through recessive genes, we could see several years of irregular harvests and a general - even dramatic - decline in food security for the poorest farm communities."

Because of the worldwide condemnation of terminator seeds, Monsanto appears to be verbally distancing itself from its own technology that it is in the process of acquiring. Even without the threat of this technology Monsanto is contributing significant to the destruction of health and environment around the world. But if this technology is released by Monsanto, it could spell disaster for hundreds of millions of people around the world. How anyone could invest in such a company is difficult to imagine!

http://www.ethicalinvesting.com/monsanto/terminator.shtml

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
Torkel
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, I'd like to give a terminator thing to Monsanto...
Shocked

Peace,
Torkel

Miranda vs Arizona (384 U.S. 436, 125): "Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them."

HAGANS vs LAVINE (415 US 533 N-3,note 5): "Once JURISDICTION is challenged it must be proven by the Plaintiff."
Don Quixote

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my view all of these GM labs and corporations are comitting crimes against humanity .

these people are endangering our species and the lives of our children.

reasoning with them is useless but they must be stopped somehow.even though i am a pacifist and can not sanction harming another person i believe i have the right tio defend my life and the lives of future generations by whatever means are necessary.

the fact is , sooner or later , people will have to burn down these labs down.they wont listen to 'the people' and they can buy as many politicians as they need.

if i sneak into your house when you are not looking and poison your kids food , what would you do to me ?

if i put on a suit and call myself monsanto , and then poison your kids for profit does that make it ok ?is that any different than me sneaking into your home and poisoning your kids ?

why is it ok for these bastards to threaten our species just because they have the letters PLC or LLC or LTD after their name.?sorry but i cannot see any other way.despite massive , global resistance these people are determined to sneak their shit into our food chain.

what happens when these genes escape into the wild and cross-breed with indigenous food crops.? does monsanto then own the patents to those plants as well ?they could end up 'owning ' all the food we grow.

do we want these evil bastards controling all the food grown on earth ?
nope ! we should burn them down now before our children are left to pay the price of our supine aquiescence.

sorry about the tone of this post but we have a duty to defend our children against these scum before its too late.

right , where the hell did i put those matches ...

PEACE (honest !)

Ferre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. In my view these are crimes against humanity too. Mad

I hereby declare Peace on war!
█ Please read the Board Rules and Posting, and you
Radio Free Amsterdam
People who know truth, speak truth.
Those who don't, quote scriptures.
IntrepidEZJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would never work.

You would be branded a terrorist and the public would support your lynching because the "corporate" owned media would twist it in their favor.

The way to the people, in my opinion, is the media, and our medium, for now, lies in the internet.

Divided we fall..........you know the rest.

It would just be nice to turn those baby steps into giant stomps.
The Moose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add to that list the fact that Monsanto is in the business of patenting life itself! It is in the interest of their patented DNA mods that they wish to have the terminator seeds. If all seeds terminate, then no one can 'steal' their patented genes, nor can they escape with the wind and go off on their own. Monsanto has sued farmers whose fields were accidentally crossed with airborne seed from Monsanto. The suit drove the poor man out of his mind ........and business.
doG
regular contributor
regular contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention many other genetically altered plants have made it into nature and altered many other plants. If this happens with this technology we could see many plants become extinct except for the seeds this company holds.

Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. ~ Albert Einstein
The Moose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT BUY OR EAT MONSANTO IF YOU CAN POSSIBLY HELP IT!

THIS COMPANY IS BAD NEWS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    THC - Cannabis - Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> Health and Food issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: